Gemini Mesmer Elite Spec Idea

Forbiben.3842

Mesmer - Gemini

Elite Spec Idea

Weapon Proficiency - Longbow(Can change just what I like from a short List)

Illusory Arrow-Long range shot that pierces targets.

Multiplying Arrow-Fire an arrow that splits into multiple arrows striking the target and applying x torment for x seconds.

Illusory Chains-Fire an arrow that immobilizes the target for x seconds.

Phantasmal Archer-Summon a phantasm that fire Multiplying Arrow.

Twin Strike-Fire an arrow that teleports your clone to the target casting their F2 skill with no Cooldown.

Traits

Minor Adept- Dioscuri-Gain a Gemini Clone this clone replaces shatter skills. The Clone wields your stowed weapons with a seperate CD. (F1-Attack, F2-Weapon Skill 2,F3-Phantasm,F4- Distortion for you and your clone for 3 seconds on a long CD.)

Major Adept 1- Shared Power- You and your clone gain 1% damage for x seconds when either summons a phantasm.

Major Adept 2- Tormenting Phantasms- When a clone expires apply x torment for x seconds

Major Adept 3- Twin Protector- When you block an attack your clone taunts the target for x seconds.

Minor Master-Strength in Numbers- When your clone summons a Phantasm grant x Might for x seconds.

Major Master 1- Joint Attacks- When you and your clone attack the same target gain 15% critical chance.

Major Master 2- Exchange- When you swap weapons with your clone pass x condtions to your clone.

Major Master 3- Exploit Weakness- When you disable a foe your clone teleports to the target dealing x damage.

Minor Grandmaster- Cloned Strength- Your clone gains all your boons, and copies your healing skills when used.

Major Grandmaster 1- Shared Speed- When using an F2/F3/Gemini Skill grant the party x seconds of quickness.

Major Grandmaster 2-Invigorating Twins- You and your clone heal for x percentage of your shared damage.

Major Grandmaster 3-Competitive Spirits-When you or your clone critically hit with an ability reduce the other remaining cooldowns by x seconds.

Skills

Healing Skill-Stand Together-Teleport to your clone healing both of you, and granting aegis.

Utility Skill 1- Chained Essence-Summon a chain between you and your clone crippling foes and causing x seconds of Torment.

Utility Skill 2-Soul Swap-Trade places with your clone and gain swiftness.

Utility Skill 3-Share Pain-Transfer x% of damage taken to your clone for x seconds.

Utility Skill 4-Twin Shot-You and your clone teleport to opposite sides of a target firing an arrow dazing the target.

Elite Skill-Shared Body-Merge with your clone for x seconds making all attacks hit twice. (You can still access you clones skills while using this.)

(This was done in one evening because I thought of it and it seemed like a cool idea for a Mesmer as an elite spec but I am sure it would need a lot of tweaking and the designers may have better plans.)

Edited by Forbiben.3842
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yoci.2481 said:

We already have 3 elite specs that don't really work plus a broken core class, but sure let's add more. I'm sure this time it will fix everything.

With that announcement we got about the other expansion, a new elite spec is just on the horizon. It’s only a matter of what that elite spec will be and if it’ll be something new that we don’t already have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Main hand pistol or get outta here!

You could go that route and twin the pistols to go with that idea I just like bows more and they are depicted with a club and a bow incorrectly at times so i thought it would be cool but again its just an idea doesnt mean much haha.

Just to make sure I understand, you basically would have a clone pet right?

If so, wouldn't it suffer from the same issues Virtuoso does/did with it bad synchronization with the core traits and skills that rely on making clones?

I really want Mesmer to have a long bow. I personally would like it to be similar to Water ele staff  or ranger staff, where the skills negatively effects  enemies but simultaneously have positive effects on allies. But that's a whole other thread.

For a damage spec I like some of the traits and skills you suggested. I just don't know about the logistics of the Gemini clone.

like I said just an idea but I thought having a pet that used your stowed weapons was a really cool idea for mesmer. And if we treat the pet as a clone it would help alleviate that. maybe boons gained on clone spawn could be applied to the pet on phantasm despawn. I like the criticism though it helps iron out the kinks in the idea.

5 hours ago, SkinnyT.5382 said:

Just to make sure I understand, you basically would have a clone pet right?

If so, wouldn't it suffer from the same issues Virtuoso does/did with it bad synchronization with the core traits and skills that rely on making clones?

I really want Mesmer to have a long bow. I personally would like it to be similar to Water ele staff  or ranger staff, where the skills negatively effects  enemies but simultaneously have positive effects on allies. But that's a whole other thread.

For a damage spec I like some of the traits and skills you suggested. I just don't know about the logistics of the Gemini clone.

Edited by Forbiben.3842

46 minutes ago, Forbiben.3842 said:

like I said just an idea but I thought having a pet that used your stowed weapons was a really cool idea for mesmer. And if we treat the pet as a clone it would help alleviate that. maybe boons gained on clone spawn could be applied to the pet on phantasm despawn. I like the criticism though it helps iron out the kinks in the idea.

The idea of having your Copy use the stored weapon skills could be leaned on even further. 

Instead of having F1-F4 relate at all to existing Shatters you could simply have F1-F5 be the stowed weapon skills one for one.  Remove the ability to spawn Phantasms and have those skills instead empower new versions that give the Mesmer or the Copy (whoever is wielding the weapon) a heavy attack.  Treat the Clone skills in a similar but lower power manner.

Then tie the Traits by having those that normally affect a Phantasm or Clone instead target your Copy.

For giggles, you could even force no weapon swaps, but use Weapon Swap as a short range positional change with your Copy on a long CD.

1 minute ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

The idea of having your Copy use the stored weapon skills could be leaned on even further. 

Instead of having F1-F4 relate at all to existing Shatters you could simply have F1-F5 be the stowed weapon skills one for one.  Remove the ability to spawn Phantasms and have those skills instead empower new versions that give the Mesmer or the Copy (whoever is wielding the weapon) a heavy attack.  Treat the Clone skills in a similar but lower power manner.

Then tie the Traits by having those that normally affect a Phantasm or Clone instead target your Copy.

For giggles, you could even force no weapon swaps, but use Weapon Swap as a short range positional change with your Copy on a long CD.

The reason i avoided using all the skills and just having one skill and phantasm is cause the extra control you could get in pvp might be a little too much to balance in anyway imagine you have 2 sword stuns or 2 focus pulls or 2 GS knockbacks. It just might destroy other people.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, Tseison.4659 said:

With that announcement we got about the other expansion, a new elite spec is just on the horizon. It’s only a matter of what that elite spec will be and if it’ll be something new that we don’t already have.

In that case, i'm calling it now:

Hammer or mace weapon.

Melee shatter spec.

You don't get clones, you get "balls" that float around you and depending on how many you have your shatters do more damage/londer duration. Core/chrono/mirage have 3 resource, Virtuoso has 5 so let's say, this one will have 4.

They're going to play it off as revolutionary cause the balls follow you around after the kill, they don't despawn you guys!

But they're incapable of doing something that isn't shatter based so, OP's idea is out of the picture, those are not shatters. 🤣

On 9/9/2022 at 4:41 AM, Forbiben.3842 said:

Minor Adept- Dioscuri-Gain a Gemini Clone this clone replaces shatter skills. The Clone wields your stowed weapons with a seperate CD. (F1-Attack, F2-Weapon Skill 2,F3-Phantasm,F4- Distortion for you and your clone for 3 seconds on a long CD.)

I like the idea.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, Jokubas.4265 said:

I like this idea. If Virtuosos are the no-illusion spec, then Gemini can be the super-illusion spec. It feels like a natural alternative to the other ways the profession plays with illusions.

I like the idea cause clones in open world can be a pain in the butt lol

• 2 weeks later...

I think such complex reactions with a clone and so many new animations is something out of scope. Virtuoso is the way it is because it was a shortcut kind of spec - simple, not bringing much to the table which means relatively easy to make. 
The spec you outline seems fun but also quite skilful to use which is what Anet explicitly said they want to avoid.