Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

4 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

Of course there are three game modes.

So we're done here.

I'm saying one needs to be split...

And I'm saying "further splitting is always possble but it's not needed for anything nor is it somehow automatically a true/default distinction. People that try to do it, cleraly only keep repeating that for the sake of leveraging faster/easier rewards".

I'm saying one needs to be split... like PvP - instanced\competitive and WvW - open world\competitive. I've not seen anyone mention a 4th. Oh, people bounce around it, but it's never mentioned. 

Why would anyone need to "mention the 4th" when there are 3? :classic_blink:  Some people in this thread "mentioned 9" instead, so what?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And I'm saying "further splitting is always possble but it's not needed for anything nor is it somehow automatically a true/default distinction. People that try to do it, cleraly only keep repeating that for the sake of leveraging faster/easier rewards".

we can agree to disagree? I don't want easy. I want hard. VERY hard. like 2 years for a full set. about as long as it took for me to get my full set of leggy runes\sigil's. (didn't buy anything for them. 100% me)

sure. some want easy. not me.

• Confused 3

At what point in an instance are you not engaging in PvE?

The creators and owners of the game define it as having three game modes. I would be more than happy to examine any documentation indicating that you have purchased ANet and GW2 from NCSoft, but until you demonstrate that you own the game you are in fact mistaken in your assertion.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

we can agree to disagree? I don't want easy. I want hard. VERY hard. like 2 years for a full set. about as long as it took for me to get my full set of leggy runes\sigil's. (didn't buy anything for them. 100% me)

sure. some want easy. not me.

Agree to disagree? You've started a thread with a clear and direct statement of "there are  more than 3 modes". Now you said that of course there are 3. So... 🤔 Clearly we just agree there are 3 modes, but you want to split them into more for obvious reasons despite your initial attempt to keep the appearances that's not what it was about.

Barely 1 or 2 pages ago you've said "you have everything you need ingame", so it's not about that. Barely a few posts above you said you shouldn't have mentioned armor anyways. Now you're back at it again. Oof.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why would anyone need to "mention the 4th" when there are 3? :classic_blink:  Some people in this thread "mentioned 9" instead, so what?

sigh... I get that people don't read the whole thread before responding. I made a clarification... twice. it seems that plenty here are only responding to the title and not the content.

• Confused 3

48 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Because that distinction between OW and instanced type of PvE is quite important to a lot of GW2 players. Remember, that most players do not play instanced PvE and thus having that submode be representative of the whole PvE becomes a problem.

Imagine, if Anet decided that roaming is the representative of WvW, and started to completely ignore ZvZ, even though the latter is far more prelevant than the former. Or insisted that GvG is all there is to WvW. Don't you think some (a lot of) players would end up annoyed at best, angry at worst about it?

I wouldn't be so sure of that. This is a discussion that goes back to early years of the game. And it's going nowadays the same way it went originally - with primarily casual OW players (the ones that suffer due to the current official division of modes) bringing it up frequently, and then getting shouted down by instanced content players (the ones benefitting from the situation), which are usually responding by claiming to not even see an issue at all and often attempting to ridicule the ones bringing that up.

And since the situation does not change, and the reasons behind that argument do not change, it will keep coming back. With exactly the same negative responses, mostly from the very same few players.

If anything open world get 90% of the focus making it so large that people complain  there is not enough players around to do all the content in openworld.

They then start to ask for more rewards for a already over rewarded place to get people back to play the little chuck of open world content they need at that moment.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

At what point in an instance are you not engaging in PvE?

you are. in an instance, with a limited number of players. formulaic, lots of organization. specific builds and professions. blackballed if you mess up. unlike open world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

you are. in an instance, with a limited number of players. formulaic, lots of organization. specific builds and professions. blackballed if you mess up. unlike open world.

Instead of inventing your own definitions, make sure you know what "pve" actually means.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

So you have seen you cant walk bettwen plains of ashfoord and iron marches for example without a loading screen so technicaly your open world is just bigger instansed content so all pve is instanced.

All thats changed bettwen the differant instances is the number of players that are allowed in there at once so there are only 3 modes.

Spvp, WvW and PvE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Instead of inventing your own definition, check what "pve" means.

How did I invent my own definition? is that not what happens in raids\strikes\fractals\etc.?

they are BOTH PvE one is done with "Imma do what I want when I want" (for whatever reason that is) and the other is what I mentioned above.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

I pug instanced content all of the time, hundreds of strikes just since EoD released, no more organization, less so in most cases, than open world events such as TT, DE, Teq, and so on. No more specific build requirements either. And not a single example of blackballing. No instance is any more formulaic than open world metas, or even just event chains in the open world that spawn on a timer and play out exactly the same way every single time. Oh, and don't forget that every open world map has a player limit and is an instance of that zone (multiple at a time during certain events).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

How did I invent my own definition? is that not what happens in raids\strikes\fractals\etc.?

they are BOTH PvE one is done with "Imma do what I want when I want" (for whatever reason that is) and the other is what I mentioned above.

You gear up and organize in open world too. Pve is still pve. Gearing up or organizing changes absolutely nothing about that.  🤦‍♂️

Maybe remind yourself what you quoted there:

The question you've responded to was: "At what point in an instance are you not engaging in PvE?"

And you answered to it with: "you are. in an instance, with a limited number of players. formulaic, lots of organization. specific builds and professions. blackballed if you mess up. unlike open world. "

So do you think that any time you stop actively attacking a mob, you stop being in a pve content? When you change your build in queensdale or read the skill description, it's not longer pve [for a moment]? If that's not what you've meant with your response then I don't know what it was supposed to be.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bear.9568 said:

For the record, no one is entitled to legendary armor!

Indeed. No one is. Nor casual OW players, nor hardcore raiders. Neither of those groups have any inherent right to have access to legendaries. But, by the same vein, you do not have any more right to have access to them than any players you try to deny it to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Indeed. No one is. Nor casual OW players, nor hardcore raiders. Neither of those groups have any inherent right to have access to legendaries. But, by the same vein, you do not have any more right to have access to them than any players you try to deny it to.

Any player are free to go for the wvw, spvp or pve legendary armor, weapons or trinkets at any trime.

Noone is denying anyone anything, do the content get the reward.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1