October 4 Balance Update Preview

Double Tap.3940

17 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

So true.

I agree.

Specter is so underperforming.

Compared to other top tier classes, spectre is one of the worse.

In fact, the entire thief collection is a disaster in PVE, soloing content.

Thieves are the most selfish class of the lot.

Other than stealth and a portal, it offers nothing... NOTHING, to team play.

Some aoe fields... That's your lot.

I just been doing a lot of achievements in eod, using my DD and Spectre, my goodness, they suck so hard in pve.

I see people being killing machines in 1v1 fights in WvW... but dear me... pve thief is a piece of trash.

Here's my fight resume against eod foes.

Hit once, hit for stealth, run away, hit once, hit for stealth, heal, stealth, rinse and repeat.

No further comments.

maybe i havent used my spectre in some time but i dont think it was this bad, specter specificaly because it even has a shroud to survive better.

Why do you a patch preview and then "secretly" buff p-mechanist again?! Mecha now after the update has far more ferocity than pre-patch (yea, the october 4th patch) so instead of the "intended nerf" mech again gets hidden solid compensation. Why is this not in the patch preview? Buffing favorite specs secretly is not good communication but a signs that you discrespect the community ...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, ArjukKagrim.6049 said:

Why do you a patch preview and then "secretly" buff p-mechanist again?! Mecha now after the update has far more ferocity than pre-patch (yea, the october 4th patch) so instead of the "intended nerf" mech again gets hidden solid compensation. Why is this not in the patch preview? Buffing favorite specs secretly is not good communication but a signs that you discrespect the community ...

There are already rumours that it benches even more now XDDDD so idk if pre patch was 38k now pmech is at 40k+ or hell is happening even? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ArjukKagrim.6049 said:

So the favoritism balancing isn't over yet... shocking... 😔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

would be nice for mesmer to be an outlier on something. Especially after giving alacrity and quickness away to every other class.

Yeah I didn't get that either, they must want every class to have certain boons or to buff others with. Sad really, its turning into a failed Everquest, WoW, etc... they did the same and Devs never learn... they know it all. /lol 

Edited by Soupeod.5714
  • Sad 1

Berserk: This skill has been moved to slot 2 of the profession mechanic bar. Core burst skills are now accessible in slot 1 of the profession mechanic bar for the berserker specialization.

Great, now i need one key to activate berserk and then another key to Decapitate. And Eviscerate shares the same key binding as Decapitate. Do the devs actually play this game? 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

There are already rumours that it benches even more now XDDDD so idk if pre patch was 38k now pmech is at 40k+ or hell is happening even? 

What rumours? I don't see anything about mech in the patch notes. So I assume no nerfs or buffs have occurred. Haven't been able to get on and check it yet though...but that sounds a little sus

10 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

What rumours? I don't see anything about mech in the patch notes. So I assume no nerfs or buffs have occurred. Haven't been able to get on and check it yet though...but that sounds a little sus

Rumours in some discords but idk, maybe we should just wait and see till we have more than just rumours

20 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Also just realised I missed the note about mech nerf regarding ferocity. If it has more somehow, it's probably a bug which means it should get fixed.

Also did the nerfs themselfs even got through this patch? Maybe thats why its 40k rn lol(keep seeing 40k mentioned again and again with pmech from other sources too xd......)

Lol and appearently other op specs got even more op at this patch what a fiesta xddd

Edit: so appearently mech ferocity nerfs didnt work plus mech itself attacks faster aswell; bladesworn is bugged and elite doesnt work ;thief is bugged; vindicator is messed up with unlimited dodges, wtf is this patch XD multiple other bugs not just with specs

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/29/2022 at 3:13 PM, Jski.6180 said:

Every time a field is taken out of the game you dum the game down. You remove group play and simply make the game into a 1 button and done game. That OK for pve as most combos realty dont mean much in pve but in wvw and spvp they mean a LOT. Losing a field for wvw is losing the ability to have 5 ppl that could of supported there own team though some other players class too

No, this is not "dumbing the game down." Having easy mass invisibility dumbs the game down.

You're just wrong.

• Like 1

Hmmm... the only thing they listened to is the Scrapper Wells reversion.

Hundreds of comments written for nothing.

Not even a "thank you" for all the ideas the players mentioned in here.

Seems like I'm gonna take a break.

Edited by FreshF.5793
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KamiKaZe.8173 said:

Renegade untouched, yep again .... but good job even though they nerfed my Herald again still a good direction, just dont forget about Renegade .... 😔 

with how this "balance" team is doing things, be thankful they didn't touch much

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Also just realised I missed the note about mech nerf regarding ferocity. If it has more somehow, it's probably a bug which means it should get fixed.

Not to worry an emergency nerf to scrapper to fix that darn mechanist problem incoming shortly!

8 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

Also did the nerfs themselfs even got through this patch? Maybe thats why its 40k rn lol(keep seeing 40k mentioned again and again with pmech from other sources too xd......)

Lol and appearently other op specs got even more op at this patch what a fiesta xddd

Edit: so appearently mech ferocity nerfs didnt work plus mech itself attacks faster aswell; bladesworn is bugged and elite doesnt work ;thief is bugged; vindicator is messed up with unlimited dodges, wtf is this patch XD multiple other bugs not just with specs

Hey what do you mean? The patch worked perfectly, ele got nerfed afterall. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly sad to see PvE Heal Specter get hit so hard because of PvP and WvW, makes the changes that were meant to help it feel redundant, lol.
The shroud change, should just not have come across the game mode.
Well of Bounty is also a nerf in my opinion. Although, I don't deny Stab needed a higher priority on this skill, It acted as a really good boon filler option, whats your group missing, NO PROBLEM!. Especially when used after steal and pre blanketing your group in boons. Made for some really engaging gameplay and silenced all those doubters who questioning you for bringing a Heal specter.
Well, hope this Heal specter gets some love in PvE at the very least.
Could've easily just given Heal specter the missing stab in shroud 5 which gives 3 stacks of stab... to you and one other.. Just make it to 5 and reduce the stacks to balance..and revert well of bounty change please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So much meh in an update. It seems like they are really trying to remove anything distinctive about the classes.   So why not just abolish them and just dispose of the fiction.   Why have any diversity at all except so sell additional character slots.

Truly an unimpressive direction the last few updates have gone.

• Like 1