Thoughts On The Resistence Changes.

SleepyBat.9034

40 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, they made that change and then did not revisit the skills that had resistance and reevaluate their purposes. That is something that they really need to do.

I see you, Berserker Stance. 

Before making a drastic change, you should consider potential second and third-order effects. In other words, the ripple-effect caused by that specific change. This is really sort of a basic business principle.

Honestly, after that change and the way in which it impacted multiple professions and multiple skills/utilities/mechanics, and a complete lack of acknowledgement of this issue on their part, I lost a lot of confidence in their competence. I left the game for around 9 months and imagine my surprise when, upon returning, those exact issues still remained unaddressed! 😂😂😂

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I see you, Berserker Stance. 

Before making a drastic change, you should consider potential second and third-order effects. In other words, the ripple-effect caused by that specific change. This is really sort of a basic business principle.

Honestly, after that change and the way in which it impacted multiple professions and multiple skills/utilities/mechanics, and a complete lack of acknowledgement of this issue on their part, I lost a lot of confidence in their competence. I left the game for around 9 months and imagine my surprise when, upon returning, those exact issues still remained unaddressed! 😂😂😂

Honestly, they need to go back through and add resolution to several traits and skills that have resistance on them and then add in some traits that increase Resolution's effectiveness (40% reduction instead of 33% reduction for instance).

I would not be surprised though if their 300s trait reworks include some of that at least for warrior.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Honestly, they need to go back through and add resolution to several traits and skills that have resistance on them and then add in some traits that increase Resolution's effectiveness (40% reduction instead of 33% reduction for instance).

I would not be surprised though if their 300s trait reworks include some of that at least for warrior.

Personally, I wouldn’t have an issue with Berserker Stance remaining a resistance-granting utility, after all, it counters blind/weakness/immob (where the first two are the bane of Warrior)… but they need to lower the cooldown or significantly increase the duration. Something to offset the huge loss in utility as the result of the change to the function of resistance.

Leaving it as is feels like a middle-finger to Warrior mains.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t have an issue with Berserker Stance remaining a resistance-granting utility, after all, it counters blind/weakness/immob (where the first two are the bane of Warrior)… but they need to lower the cooldown or significantly increase the duration. Something to offset the huge loss in utility as the result of the change to the function of resistance.

Leaving it as is feels like a middle-finger to Warrior mains.

There are a lot of things that left as is would be middle fingers to warrior mains.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

The Resistance Boon was once much more powerful then it is currently. Before they changed it Resistance made you immune to all conditions, now it just makes you immune to all non-damaging conditions. I think skills that give Resistance could be improved a bit to make up for the changes which made them all weaker.

Yeah I stopped using Revenant Demon since they made this change since this is suicide now in WvW without any compensation since Rev cant change skills

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yup.

Signet of Renewal has your pet pull every condi from any ally near it, but it also gives it a couple of seconds of resistance so that it doesn't immediately melt down to condis... until the reistance change that is. Seems like a no-brainer to add resolutiuon as well to make up for it, but nope. Classic Anet.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Yup.

Signet of Renewal has your pet pull every condi from any ally near it, but it also gives it a couple of seconds of resistance so that it doesn't immediately melt down to condis... until the reistance change that is. Seems like a no-brainer to add resolutiuon as well to make up for it, but nope. Classic Anet.

Yeah, that is a really great example as well. There is that and they nerfed the power of the boon, but then also left the durations the same.

See also: Healing Signet on Warrior. Passive healing, but only a small heal and a long duration Resistance that now no longer protects against damaging condis. In that case it would probably be better to add functionality to the signet active.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Yup.

Isn’t it crazy to think that either no one on their team thought about this, or that they just didn’t care? There literally is no other explanation. Both of those are unacceptable for a AAA MMO (or any substantial business, to be perfectly honest).

And moreover, perhaps even worse, there has never been any acknowledgment of this issue on their part. Like, do they even know this is a thing? It’s been over a year, are those traits/utilities/skills just useless now and that’s just the way it will be going forward? 

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 1