(PvE) Bladesworn is extremely fun

Kuma.1503

I haven't played it enough in difficult content to comment on its viability, and I'm still in the process of collecting ascended gear for power sworn, but every time I log onto my warrior and play it, I have a great time. 

The animations are satisfying, the gameplay is fast paced with just the right amount of difficulty and complexity, it's very flashy, and seeing big numbers on the screen makes my brain release the happy chemicals. 

The banner rework has taken the fun factor to a whole new level as well since bladesworn has some real utility, now. I love DPS hybrids because you have two roles to master for double the skill expression and double the carry potential. 

The quickness in open world makes everything flow much nicer, and coming from playing a lot of cata, I've come to appreciate the extra bulk, sustain, and stability uptime in OW (dont have to sacrifice quick uptime for it). I've also come to appreciate not going down to random boss or mob auto attacks when playing glass. 

Healsworn is also criminally underrated and should be played more. The healing output isn't super high, but it's enough to get the job done, and boon application, the dps, and breakbar damage are both decent. It also has good on demand barrier, and has the choice of using its barrier/aegis reactively instead of spamming off CD. 

Overall, Loving it so far. 

I do think some of it's numbers can be tuned up on the support side though. It has good base heals, but the healing power scaling on shouts leave a lot to be desired. I'd also like to see granting might to allies heal THEM instead of just yourself. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Kuma.1503 changed the title to (PvE) Bladesworn is extremely fun

yes, it is fun in pve!! i find the divergence of gameplay from the traditional gw2 warrior truly engaging. 🙂

in more difficult content it largely depends on your support and mechanics of the encounter.

getting a proper support in the wild is quite rare, one that actually runs stability, or a unicorn firebrand thats on point with their aegis.

then there are encounters that are mechanically challenging for bladesworn, some encounters annoyingly spam cc, some straight up kills you, some require constant movement and others require you to do mandatory tasks.

for these using bladesworn becomes impractical compared to other dps that are much lower maintainance and have an overall higher and more reliable dps uptime.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I haven't played it enough in difficult content to comment on its viability, and I'm still in the process of collecting ascended gear for power sworn, but every time I log onto my warrior and play it, I have a great time. 

The animations are satisfying, the gameplay is fast paced with just the right amount of difficulty and complexity, it's very flashy, and seeing big numbers on the screen makes my brain release the happy chemicals. 

The banner rework has taken the fun factor to a whole new level as well since bladesworn has some real utility, now. I love DPS hybrids because you have two roles to master for double the skill expression and double the carry potential. 

The quickness in open world makes everything flow much nicer, and coming from playing a lot of cata, I've come to appreciate the extra bulk, sustain, and stability uptime in OW (dont have to sacrifice quick uptime for it). I've also come to appreciate not going down to random boss or mob auto attacks when playing glass. 

Healsworn is also criminally underrated and should be played more. The healing output isn't super high, but it's enough to get the job done, and boon application, the dps, and breakbar damage are both decent. It also has good on demand barrier, and has the choice of using its barrier/aegis reactively instead of spamming off CD. 

Overall, Loving it so far. 

I do think some of it's numbers can be tuned up on the support side though. It has good base heals, but the healing power scaling on shouts leave a lot to be desired. I'd also like to see granting might to allies heal THEM instead of just yourself. 

none of that matters in WvW, because you have NO stab against pullers, trappers, on and on.  You can't do any buffs!  Oh yeah there is like a 60s cool down on a stab and ONE banner with it... I don't want that banner. 😕

• Like 1

Just now, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I find it clunky and personally insulting, but to each their own.

I am still hostile to how much it was pushed both by devs and fans instead of addressing other warrior problems.

Yeah, that still stings. Props on the cool theme and big number floater and all, but warrior on the whole has problems that need addressing.

Maybe CMC will have a smidgen of grace and mercy on October 4th...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I find it clunky and personally insulting, but to each their own.

I am still hostile to how much it was pushed both by devs and fans instead of addressing other warrior problems.

i get behind that 100%, though i enjoy bladesworn, i only enjoy it in pve, and it definitely does not justify the neglect and poor balance of the rest of warrior.

i am truly praying that warrior sees better days. 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, that still stings. Props on the cool theme and big number floater and all, but warrior on the whole has problems that need addressing.

Maybe CMC will have a smidgen of grace and mercy on October 4th...

October lmao? Good god..(shakes head)...

Three months waiting for mediocrity...

The fact that you need to clarify and hope for grace is disastrous lmao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

oh boy, look this guy played bladesworn for like 2 days and say it's fun.

comes back after 1 month and tell me more.

you better not be the one million other people who claimed it to be fun at the beginning and is never seen with bladesworn now.

also i believe in CMC, the old lead was completely garbage, as veteran i can see how CMC understands the game and from his stream i can see what changes he is passionate about and what changes he is disappointed but had to ship.

hopefully now with him in lead, he can block some garbage changes from some clueless devs

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8

9 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

oh boy, look this guy played bladesworn for like 2 days and say it's fun.

comes back after 1 month and tell me more.

you better not be the one million other people who claimed it to be fun at the beginning and is never seen with bladesworn now.

I doubt it will happen unless ANET decides to drop another nuke bomb on the class in one form or another, but I'll keep you posted :classic_cool:

Edited by Kuma.1503
Wall of text go snip snip

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mending Might should heal allies you grant might too rather than healing yourself when you grant might to an ally. Heal warrior would actually become a thing then.

I feel like instead it should have two values. One for the team healing, which is higher, and the self healing value stays the same. That way if a change like that were to be made to Mending Might it wouldn't hurt the self sustain of other Warrior Specs.

10 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i get behind that 100%, though i enjoy bladesworn, i only enjoy it in pve, and it definitely does not justify the neglect and poor balance of the rest of warrior.

i am truly praying that warrior sees better days. 🙏 

I wish we had some of that Ranger love with a metric crap ton of buffs and stab to go along with the flow.   I like my Bladesworn as well.  Disappointed I am watching a PVE youtube video where they are viable and in WvW... Nope. 

• Thanks 1

I found it fun for a while, but it lost its glamour VERY quickly, to the point that I don't even bother with it any more.

I also hate how they've made maximum damage so conditional and such a pain in the proverbial to pull off.

It doesn't make sense in the way that more traditional combos do; it's more about making sure you're able to get off Dragon Trigger after setting up the ideal conditions using illogical buffs that provide a tiny window of opportunity.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I admire the piano-style players who can set this up and execute it, using exactly the right skills in the right order at the right time. Even then, the scenarios you can actually pull that off in in real-world play are few and far between.

But Warrior has never been a piano profession, and has always been more about watching your enemy and exploiting their weaknesses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I feel like instead it should have two values. One for the team healing, which is higher, and the self healing value stays the same. That way if a change like that were to be made to Mending Might it wouldn't hurt the self sustain of other Warrior Specs.

I think the current numbers would be fine for other people to receive as healing, especially considering Phalanx Strength would cause the warrior to produce large amounts of healing through might share. 

As for self sustain within Tactics, I think that Marching Orders needs it's CD removed causing Soldier's Comfort's CD removed to be removed and give SC scaling based on the tier of adrenaline used. Martial Cadence should keep a 10s CD. Soldier's Comfort having no CD, but lowish scaling for T1 bursts would be plenty of self sustain. 

I also make those recommendations with the assumption that our actual self sustain line, Defense, gets properly buffed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:34 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I found it fun for a while, but it lost its glamour VERY quickly, to the point that I don't even bother with it any more.

I also hate how they've made maximum damage so conditional and such a pain in the proverbial to pull off.

It doesn't make sense in the way that more traditional combos do; it's more about making sure you're able to get off Dragon Trigger after setting up the ideal conditions using illogical buffs that provide a tiny window of opportunity.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I admire the piano-style players who can set this up and execute it, using exactly the right skills in the right order at the right time. Even then, the scenarios you can actually pull that off in in real-world play are few and far between.

But Warrior has never been a piano profession, and has always been more about watching your enemy and exploiting their weaknesses.

The younger me used to find perfectly executed rotations interesting...but then I grew up. Nothing against the person that put in the effort to execute it, but I look beyond the curtain. The fact that you need to execute a build to near perfection JUST to break even shows that the build and associated class has serious flaws. It's too little juice for so much squeeze.

And yes, the bladesworn honeymoon will wear off eventually...

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

The younger me used to find perfectly executed rotations interesting...but then I grew up. Nothing against the person that put in the effort to execute it, but I look beyond the curtain. The fact that you need to execute a build to near perfection JUST to break even shows that the build and associated class has serious flaws. It's too little juice for so much squeeze.

And yes, the bladesworn honeymoon will wear off eventually...

Define "break even", because bladesworn is literally one of the strongest builds in the game right now for pve engame dps.

Also find it funny how you comment on a bladesworn "honeymoon" as if you're talking from experience when you have gone on record multiple times saying you literally dont even own end of dragons and thus have never even played bladesworn yourself. 

You just blindly hate on the spec for merely existing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

35 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Define "break even", because bladesworn is literally one of the strongest builds in the game right now for pve engame dps.

Also find it funny how you comment on a bladesworn "honeymoon" as if you're talking from experience when you have gone on record multiple times saying you literally dont even own end of dragons and thus have never even played bladesworn yourself. 

You just blindly hate on the spec for merely existing 

I played it in beta. It was all I needed.

And hate, yes. Dare I say deserved. Blindly? That's just your opinion. The way Bladesworn and EoD was pushed and hyped by fans and devs alike while warrior as a whole languished and remained an afterthought has completely soured me.

But, ya know...I don't knock people for enjoying it, but I gotta tell the facts. I don't kiss company boot and I especially don't kiss fanboy boots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I played it in beta. It was all I needed.

And hate, yes. Dare I say deserved. Blindly? That's just your opinion. The way Bladesworn and EoD was pushed and hyped by fans and devs alike while warrior as a whole languished and remained an afterthought has completely soured me.

But, ya know...I don't knock people for enjoying it, but I gotta tell the facts. I don't kiss company boot and I especially don't kiss fanboy boots.

The spec has had SIGNIFICANT  changes since the beta

You aren't telling "facts" you're telling your extremely biased opinion.

Fact: You haven't even played end of dragons.

Nuff said

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Kayberz.5346 said:

The spec has had SIGNIFICANT  changes since the beta

You aren't telling "facts" you're telling your extremely biased opinion.

Fact: You haven't even played end of dragons.

Nuff said

Significant NUMERICAL changes. Bladesworn has not fundamentally changed in design and function since its release. I'll say it again for people so it sticks: I don't kiss company and fanboy boots.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Significant NUMERICAL changes. Bladesworn has not fundamentally changed in design and function since its release. I'll say it again for people so it sticks: I don't kiss company and fanboy boots.

Objectively false, again 

There have been SEVERAL  mechanical and functional  changes to multiple parts of bladesworns kit, from traits , utilities, to the gunsaber/dragontrigger mechanics

Maybe if you actually had the expansion you would be able to verify 🤡

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

20 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Objectively false, again 

There have been SEVERAL  mechanical and functional  changes to multiple parts of bladesworns kit, from traits , utilities, to the gunsaber/dragontrigger mechanics

Maybe if you actually had the expansion you would be able to verify 🤡

Some of the big changes made it do more damage but also made it less enjoyable to play with more added clunkiness. 
Also it is only the Strongest power dps spec on paper under perfect condition the moment the conditions are not perfect engi mechs pull higher damage since no downtime. 
There is no point in running BS over Mech, since you have to try hard and still do less damage then the spec that doesn't need to on content that isn't that hard.
Also don't antagonize @JTGuevara.9018since he is one of the people that actively gave feedback that made it into the game and  the spec (that you apparently adore) became functional.
BS still needs allot of polishing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1