HAHAHAHAHA

agrippastrilemma.8741

20 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

This, so much this...

I was predicting trouble myself as soon as they made a comment about one dodge working so well for Mirage in the Vindicator preview.

One dodge never worked. People tolerated it because it wasn't implemented in PvE, while all but the most determined abandoned it in competitive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I was predicting trouble myself as soon as they made a comment about one dodge working so well for Mirage in the Vindicator preview.

One dodge never worked. People tolerated it because it wasn't implemented in PvE, while all but the most determined abandoned it in competitive.

Well, the devs do like keeping bad design and crippling quality of life. Or at least, with how balance patch have been since release in 2012, it seem to be the case.

• Like 1

I keep lurking here to see if they fixed the game, but seems like not. Mesmer class has problems? Slap some distortion on it.

Virt now is a walking distort/block generator which is a bow towards players who cannot dodge and deal damage so least they are always alive.

Also chrono this way absolutely outclasses the core, which sinks even deeper in the garbage tore because of it. I’m glad chrono received some defences but still.

same old, nothing changed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 6:25 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*Stares at mesmer history, squints at the faint screams of the victims of chronbunker and condi mirage wafting through time*

"-Token handicapped...?"

Chrono needs the distortion. Virt absolutely does not. 

If you have to go back over 5 years and use builds that got nuked from orbit taking out most core traits along with it, then you are just proving his point.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, Mik.3401 said:

I keep lurking here to see if they fixed the game, but seems like not. Mesmer class has problems? Slap some distortion on it.

Virt now is a walking distort/block generator which is a bow towards players who cannot dodge and deal damage so least they are always alive.

Also chrono this way absolutely outclasses the core, which sinks even deeper in the garbage tore because of it. I’m glad chrono received some defences but still.

same old, nothing changed

I don't understand this obsession with wanting core to compete with elite specs. It will never happen unless you cripple elite specs to the point they are pointless additions to the game.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

If you have to go back over 5 years and use builds that got nuked from orbit taking out most core traits along with it, then you are just proving his point.

All I'm saying is that, if I were to describe mesmer, "Token handicapped" is not the phrase I'd use. Underpowered in some respects sure, but the prior legacy should not be forgotten when balancing them going forward. 

• Confused 2

On 9/20/2022 at 6:24 AM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You're not wrong, but 0-clones distortion is 1s invuln, which is enough to cover most of what you want to do with continuum split. As for destroying the rift, it's risky (you don't immediately know how many clones were shattered, so the rift may be storng enough to survive your damage) and honestly should be removed altogether.

They said several times that this is an engine limitation and there's no way they can do it without rewriting a ton of core mechanics.
The point of mirage as a whole is being able to dodge while doing something else, like ressing or stomping.
If MC can be activated during other actions, it can be activated during stuns.
If MC can't be activated during stuns, it can't be activated during other actions either.

I still dont understand what is so complicated to rewrite. Leave everything mostly as is on Mirage, but restore 2nd dodge and/or vigor/super speed stuff while also removing the ambush effect (the damage, cc, condi application) from clones and move it to the player so that when they are stuned it doesnt happen. Then also scale the ambush damage to coincide with # of clones as an added multiplier so clones still have a point outside shatter fodder on Mirage.

An alternative is to just fix one dodge so it is more fluid with more vigor, etc and make one dodge the baseline in pve along with pvp/wvw.

Like it or not its not a functional spec right now compared to any other spec if only for the 1 dodge in two modes and 2 dodges in one mode issue.

• Like 1