HAHAHAHAHA

agrippastrilemma.8741

There is a lot of synergy with the trait line in Bladeturn Requiem.  I would like to see traits that trigger on distortion triggered by Bladeturn Requiem to keep the blocking synergy with the traitline.

Edited by SaltAndLight.4652
  • Like 1

Personally I think if virtuoso gets distortion, F5 should be made MUCH weaker for survivability and more for offense.
Maybe more of a parry skill that lasts 0,5s. and does attack if you block something, like full counter except not utterly broken like full counter.
Because as it stands lets be real, everyone will do some signets ooga booga, 2x distortion, f5, renewal, signets invulnerabilities, aegis on every F skill dog kitten.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Personally I think if virtuoso gets distortion, F5 should be made MUCH weaker for survivability and more for offense.
Maybe more of a parry skill that lasts 0,5s. and does attack if you block something, like full counter except not utterly broken like full counter.
Because as it stands lets be real, everyone will do some signets ooga booga, 2x distortion, f5, renewal, signets invulnerabilities, aegis on every F skill dog kitten.

I’m with you on this. I definitely want more viability on the Mesmer specs but not at the cost of becoming a class that is unpleasant to play against. No one likes battling passives. ANET has a tendency of nerfing the wrong things so I’m kind of scared of what will happen to Virtuoso and Mesmer in general if Virt becomes too obnoxious.

I would have preferred condi cleanse being baked into the Virt toolkit and perhaps some other changes so it would be more viable to run two offensive trait lines instead of being forced into inspi. 

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 3

Virtuoso stacks blades inside and zerks from a mile away, if you success to get close him without dying, it will be invulnerable for a long time. Appearently one class will able to handle virtuoso which will be another virtuoso. 

Anet will bury Scrapper into the ground very deeply, not touching to the mirage and after the patch, Virtuoso will not even S tier, it will turn into God mode and anet balance team says it is balance and community are happy about it. Weird. I think I miss something here. 

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:
  • Bladeturn Requiem: This skill has been moved to slot 5 of the profession mechanic bar. Distortion is now accessible in slot 4.

Distortion + Bladesong Requiem + Blade Renewal?

Virtuoso is looking unkillable

Virtuoso isnt something that should be good/viable buuuuut...have you seen how hardcore warrior was overbuffed? SPB in particular? Vindi with 2 evades? If they wont nerf dodge traits, he is gonna just do 2 evades and do ~18k damage.

Also virt is still suffers from projectile hate, instead of damage they make it harder to kill... cmc is a genius /s

• Like 3

Adding Distortion back to Chrono : WOW YES! FINALLY!! YAY FOR CHRONO!!

Adding Distortion to Virtu : omg... virtu is already crazy unkillable if it wants to be, now it will have access to what? 2-3 distortions? plus a block channel?

Infinite dread in pvp tbh, we're gonna see some wild 10+ sec long invincible virtu's from this. Anet is crazy hahahaha

Also with Vindi getting 2 dodges, I have changed my stance on Mirage Dodge. Since a lot of classes, especially the EoD ones, have been getting buffs, the power creep is now at a level where Mirage can safely have 2 dodges w/o really messing with the other classes too much.

If Vindi can have 2 dodges, so can Mirage. That's my biggest take from the patch notes preview really.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

They could make balde renewal the distortion ability for mesmer so you dont get to have both. however that would require a new utility.

20 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

Chill, they'll make it so your monitor punches you in the face when you press distortion, just to make sure mesmer remians the token handicapped class of GW2.

*Stares at mesmer history, squints at the faint screams of the victims of chronbunker and condi mirage wafting through time*

"-Token handicapped...?"

Chrono needs the distortion. Virt absolutely does not. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

*Stares at mesmer history, squints at the faint screams of the victims of chronbunker and condi mirage wafting through time*

"-Token handicapped...?"

Chrono needs the distortion. Virt absolutely does not. 

Chrono spammer here: I don't agree with chrono getting distortion.
A proper counter to CS is crowd controlling the mesmer, and distortion would prevent it at no cost. I think chrono should just get some condi cleanse to survive properly, everything else is mechanical problems that are shared with mesmer (eg: gs being obscenely telegraphed on every skill). Or very bland traits, that's a problem too.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Chrono spammer here: I don't agree with chrono getting distortion.
A proper counter to CS is crowd controlling the mesmer, and distortion would prevent it at no cost. I think chrono should just get some condi cleanse to survive properly, everything else is mechanical problems that are shared with mesmer (eg: gs being obscenely telegraphed on every skill). Or very bland traits, that's a problem too.

Im fine with cleanse as a potential solution as well. It would round out the kit.

A proper counter to CS is crowd controlling the mesmer, and distortion would prevent it at no cost

Not necessarily.  Assuming the distortion requires clones and a 0 clone distortion is relatively short, there should be some room to counterplay split still, in addition to destroying the split anchor/ccing on return if they're running split long enough that they're open to cc.

Unless I'm wrong idk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

This, so much this...

Hold on there, that comparison is not 1 to 1.

Dodging while stunned has been a major headache for me for obvious reasons pertaining to warrior. If they're going to return that,  they need to think very carefully about what being able to make corrective evades in that capacity should cost. Vindicator even with two dodges does not approach that kind of flexibility.

I wanna fight mirages but exercise caution there. Maybe increasing vigor uptime would be best, so when you see a mirage dodge there is at least a window of opportunity without it being insufferable to play.

4 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Hold on there, that comparison is not 1 to 1.

Dodging while stunned has been a major headache for me for obvious reasons pertaining to warrior. If they're going to return that,  they need to think very carefully about what being able to make corrective evades in that capacity should cost. Vindicator even with two dodges does not approach that kind of flexibility.

I wanna fight mirages but exercise caution there. 

You mean following the suggestion every mesmer gave since the mirage beta that MC shouldn't be doable when stunned?
Now if they nerf that they better rollback every vigor nerf.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Not necessarily.  Assuming the distortion requires clones and a 0 clone distortion is relatively short, there should be some room to counterplay split still, in addition to destroying the split anchor/ccing on return if they're running split long enough that they're open to cc.

You're not wrong, but 0-clones distortion is 1s invuln, which is enough to cover most of what you want to do with continuum split. As for destroying the rift, it's risky (you don't immediately know how many clones were shattered, so the rift may be storng enough to survive your damage) and honestly should be removed altogether.

3 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

You mean following the suggestion every mesmer gave since the mirage beta that MC shouldn't be doable when stunned?
Now if they nerf that they better rollback every vigor nerf.

They said several times that this is an engine limitation and there's no way they can do it without rewriting a ton of core mechanics.
The point of mirage as a whole is being able to dodge while doing something else, like ressing or stomping.
If MC can be activated during other actions, it can be activated during stuns.
If MC can't be activated during stuns, it can't be activated during other actions either.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1