Ascended salvage kits

1 hour ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Ascended gear drops in fractals, and because of that, ascended salvage kits drop.

Ascended gear drops in wvw...when can we get ascended salvage kits to drop?

Admit been a while since last in Fractals, the salvage kits drop as loot? Still have some from last time I bought them. If need be wouldn't mind a way to buy them with badges from WvW. +10 from me there.

• Like 1

It seems, at least to me, the ascended drops from wvw have been adjusted way down. 

While the kits can be purchased from the skirmish vendor (too high a price though imo), drops would be nicer, but not likely.   

In the meantime,  they're cheaper through FOTM.  If you don't do fracs, wait till a festival and buy Tyrian Exchange Vouchers through the weekly vendor 🙂 you're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

It seems, at least to me, the ascended drops from wvw have been adjusted way down. 

While the kits can be purchased from the skirmish vendor (too high a price though imo), drops would be nicer, but not likely.   

In the meantime,  they're cheaper through FOTM.  If you don't do fracs, wait till a festival and buy Tyrian Exchange Vouchers through the weekly vendor 🙂 you're welcome.

Appreciate it.

35 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You can buy them from the WvW skirmish vendor. But like with everything else on it, it's stupidly overpriced.

Should let us buy it with badges or proof of whatevers

HA! Just checked the wiki. No wonder I didn't remember this. Skirmish Tickets, yeah no. Have no doubt why that brain cell would have been pushed overboard by the others and forget all about that as an option. So yes +10 then as adjusted or added as drops or something, but tickets, nopers. lol

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

HA! Just checked the wiki. No wonder I didn't remember this. Skirmish Tickets, yeah no. Have no doubt why that brain cell would have been pushed overboard by the others and forget all about that as an option. So yes +10 then as adjusted or added as drops or something, but tickets, nopers. lol

It’s not the skirmish tickets that bug me on this…. Is the 40 ish gold worth of memories of battle…

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I was going to look and see if it was just skirmish tickets...

Honestly just do some fractals. They are pretty easy.

We called them Fraggles when my guild was doing them in the past. Preferred them over dungeons since you couldn't just stack and counter the AI as much. Was fun. Would recommend them to players. 

10 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

We called them Fraggles when my guild was doing them in the past. Preferred them over dungeons since you couldn't just stack and counter the AI as much. Was fun. Would recommend them to players. 

My favorite is probably harpy. My second favorite was the Ascalon one because of gw1 and also I could solo it on my hammer rev from wvw rofl.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:14 PM, Ubi.4136 said:

Ascended gear drops in fractals, and because of that, ascended salvage kits drop.

Ascended gear drops in wvw...when can we get ascended salvage kits to drop?

Ascended tools and kits only drop from daily fractal chests, not from mobs. I guess a fair way would be for ascended tools and kits to have a low chance to drop from daily chests throughout the game modes as well.

6 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Ascended tools and kits only drop from daily fractal chests, not from mobs. I guess a fair way would be for ascended tools and kits to have a low chance to drop from daily chests throughout the game modes as well.

Good idea, but we have to acknowledge the difference between the daily WvW chest

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transcendent_Chest_(rare) (from the Daily category)

and the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Initiate's_Chest (T1 Fractal category for example)

where the Fractal one pretty much has additional categories (common drops, uncommon drops and rare drops) on top of the basic guaranteed drops.

Not being forced to buy them with skirmish tickets and Memories but with another "WvW currency", like Badges, could be another way.

12 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

And it will be just like the dozen blacklion salvage kits I have in the bank.

There's various glaring issues going on with WvW and PvP in regards to ascended rewards. On the one hand, they have most of the same systems as Fractals--ascended armor, weapons, and trinkets all obtainable. On the other hand, they're missing key components of the equasion, like salvage kits, the ability to attune rings, the ability to infuse rings and backpieces without relying on Mist trinkets or a legendary backpiece, and so on.

The following should be added to the drop table and to reward tracks:

- Ascended Salvage Tool

- Ascended Salvage Kit (5) and (20)

- Vial, Glob and Shard of Crystallised Mists Essence

- Gift of Ascension

The drops of the ascended crafting marks need to be drastically increased. Currently you can only create one piece of ascended gear (without crafting) once every few months, which is way too much. It should be only double the time of strikes at most--so about twice the drop rate of now.

The attunement and infusion recipes should be duplicated and allowed to take Emblem of the Conqueror and Emblem of the Avenger instead of the Agonised Essence. Obsidian Shards should also be added as an alternative to Memories of Battle for all purchases. They're just as hard to get, but account-bound so they don't carry any value beyond making legendaries

Increase Skirmish Ticket rewards, it shouldn't take far longer to create legendary armor in WvW than it does in PvE or PvP, nor require you to spend 40 hours a week playing it as a literal full-time job.

Finally, add some liquid gold rewards to WvW. Currently with full boosters the best reward track is about 25% of what you can farm in the same amount of time in PvE, so just add 20g to the tracks to bring it up to about 40-50% which would be similar to the liquid gold rate of ranked PvP.

Basically, stop treating the mode like everyone should work 10x as hard for 5x as long for the same rewards just because some no-life leechers exist who take advantage of it. Leeching happens in every game mode (low DPS, bots, macros and AFKs in PvE, bads, DCs and AFKs in PvP), its not something specific to WvW by a long shot, and it shouldn't be treated as such any longer.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508