Why do you only care about raids?

Ordin.9047

Again and again.... and again we see devs jumping on reddit to appease raiders/high level fractal crowds. Heck you even let them write some of the balance fixes. Your own metrics (if you even look at them) should show a vast majority of the player base could give a crap about this content. Now you are even giving us noob raids, in an effort to keep raids relevant. On the other hand, people who want a simple thing like the Mad King release time moved sooner get NOTHING of your time in the forums. The labyrinth will have a several full instances at anytime of the day. LA is always full also. Im sure that this event also jumps up the revenue stream more than any other event. You are ignoring and taking advantage of the vast majority of the player base, because they don't make any noise on reddit. Its a shame. anet is shameless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 34
  • Sad 1

This took an interesting turn. I was sure we were gonna see more complaining about the balancing work and wanting things to be tuned around open world casual content, but Halloween? High level content balance and the Halloween start date aren't connected. Others have said it recently but Halloween is happening later this year most likely because there's actually more content coming out, there's not as much empty space needing to be filled with the return of living season 1 keeping people occupied like there was in prior years of content drought. I think you're directing your frustration at the wrong place.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Ordin.9047 said:

Again and again.... and again we see devs jumping on reddit to appease raiders/high level fractal crowds. Heck you even let them write some of the balance fixes. Your own metrics (if you even look at them) should show a vast majority of the player base could give a crap about this content. Now you are even giving us noob raids, in an effort to keep raids relevant. On the other hand, people who want a simple thing like the Mad King release time moved sooner get NOTHING of your time in the forums. The labyrinth will have a several full instances at anytime of the day. LA is always full also. Im sure that this event also jumps up the revenue stream more than any other event. You are ignoring and taking advantage of the vast majority of the player base, because they don't make any noise on reddit. Its a shame. anet is shameless.

If they only care about raids, why don't they release raids anymore? Same question applies to fractals.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This is a weird topic. Open world gets most "stuff added" of every game mode. I don't understand your complaint. You don't have to be a "white knight" to be confused about your topic at all. Requesting for mad king to release sooner is fine, but the way you go about it is ridiculous. And I say that as a player who loves this event. It's starting soon anyways.

• Like 11
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

This is a weird topic. Open world gets most "stuff added" of every game mode. I don't understand your complaint. You don't have to be a "white knight" to be confused about your topic at all. Requesting for mad king to release sooner is fine, but the way you go about it is ridiculous. And I say that as a player who loves this event. It's starting soon anyways.

Then why don't they have a path for example legendary armor that can be obtained by collections in the open world?

Me and plenty of others don't like raiding, but we like open world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12

1 minute ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

Then why don't they have a path for example legendary armor that can be obtained by collections in the open world?

WvW is pretty Open World and has Legendary Armor. Speaking of which while you wait for Shadow of the Mad King you can try out the WvW World Restructuring Beta 6.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

Nothing is stopping you from playing OW. 

The fact that there is one PvE legendary armor set instead of two doesnt change the fact that PvE, OW specifically, gets the majority of the content developmemt.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

Because open world does not need legendaries. Sure, you may want them, but it's your choice whether or not getting these are worth it for you. Why would you need legendary armor in open world? I am mainly open world player myself and play fractals and strikes occasionally. I despise pvp and may dip my feet in wvw if I want something in there. I also don't like raiding so I stay away from that as well. I see no issue with legendary armor being in the game modes they are.

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

Labyrinth farm legendary armor when Anet? 

Most players feel this way. 

Also make skyscale obtainable by using ToT bags... Maybe like 250 bags for skyscale unlock? 

3 candy corn cobs per armor piece should keep the farm in line with other ways to obtain legendary armor. 

Also give all festivals all year around. 

Gamer gang rise up, post your rotation on reddit to spread awareness. 1111111111

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

1 minute ago, Xerac.1542 said:

Labyrinth farm legendary armor when Anet? 

Most players feel this way. 

Also make skyscale obtainable by using ToT bags... Maybe like 250 bags for skyscale unlock? 

3 candy corn cobs per armor piece should keep the farm in line with other ways to obtain legendary armor. 

Also give all festivals all year around. 

Gamer gang rise up, post your rotation on reddit to spread awareness. 1111111111

But what if I don't have time to play, but I still want rewards in a game I don't have time to play?

MMORPG longevity? Never heard of it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Because open world does not need legendaries. Sure, you may want them, but it's your choice whether or not getting these are worth it for you. Why would you need legendary armor in open world? I am mainly open world player myself and play fractals and strikes occasionally. I despise pvp and may dip my feet in wvw if I want something in there. I also don't like raiding so I stay away from that as well. I see no issue with legendary armor being in the game modes they are.

True , but next time open world encounters like Soo-won should not force people to change gear  (do more dps) in order to succeed.

We avoid the scenario once again of the hardcore-instance community  telling the OW community in the forums and redit  to change gear and use LI builds .

We balanced the hp around , assuming people have the most common set , forcing people to learn to dodge/cc/avoid aoes/survive While in instance content we give people the tolls needed (lege gear) and  force them to change stats  all the time .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's not needed though.

That should tell the instance community guys next time .

W  all remember the 4 months period where they belittle in the forums the community for doing 3k dps , while a pro s could do 30k , and trying to force people to change gear and use LI build to succeed Soo-on

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

11 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

That should tell the instance community guys next time .

Most of them probably don't need that said to them, the mentions of "changing to whatever builds" is merely a shortcut for people who are unable/unwilling to make/get a coherent build by themselves. So now those players helping others are somehow bad?

11 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

and trying to force people to change gear and use LI build to succeed Soo-on

Force? Who, how? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Most of them probably don't need that said to them, the mentions of "changing to whatever builds" is merely a shortcut for people who are unable/unwilling to make/get a coherent build by themselves. So now those players helping others are somehow bad?

Force? Who, how? 🤦‍♂️

Ah , it's ok if you "accidentally don't remember" . The rest we  will remember .

So on topic from now on Open world Events should not need to change gear and balanced accordingly and the instance part because they have access to legenedary gear , they will forced to constantly change

• Confused 9

6 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Ah , it's ok if you "accidentally don't remember" . The rest we  will remember .

No, lets make it clear: I do remember the thread, it just wasn't -and isn't- what you're trying to paint it as now. I explained it already above.

6 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

So on topic from now on Open world Events should not need to change gear and balanced accordingly and the instance part because they have access to legenedary gear , they will forced to constantly change

And they already don't need to. You can slap everything in exotic berserker gear, which is fast, cheap and easy to get.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, lets make it clear: I do remember the thread, it just wasn't -and isn't- what you're trying to paint it as now. I explained it already above.

And they already don't need to. You can slap everything in exotic berserker gear, which is fast, cheap and easy to get.

If the instance community would give us money to change gear would be really appreciated . Otherwise as i said " Open world Events should not need to change gear and balanced accordingly and the instance part because they have access to legenedary gear , they will forced to constantly change stats"

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

If the instance community would give us money to change gear would be really appreciated .

Again: berserker exotic gear is extremely cheap and easy to get. If you need other players to give you money for that, you probably don't play the game at all.

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

Otherwise as i said " Open world Events should not need to change gear and balanced accordingly and the instance part because they have access to legenedary gear , they will forced to constantly change "

And they don't. Just have a coherent build.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Again: berserker exotic gear is extremely cheap and easy to get. If you need other players to give you money for that, you probably don't play the game at all.

And they don't. Just have a coherent build.

Once again , the Legendary gear is a nice option that allows people  to experiment with builds .

Because there is not an OW set needed , people should not  be forced to buy any other gear or have a coherent build.

So from now on , OW metas should be balanced around the majorities  gear ( no more high HP bosses like Soo Won) , while in the same time , the content that offer legendary gear should be open to experimentation

• Confused 10

14 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Once again , the Legendary gear is a nice option that allows people  to experiment with builds .

Because there is not an OW set needed , people should not  be forced to buy any other gear or have a coherent build.

So from now on , OW metas should be balanced around the majorities  gear ( no more high HP bosses like Soo Won) , while in the same time , the content that offer legendary gear should be open to experimentation

We've been through it already, you can experiment with lower tiers of gear. People are not forced to change builds left and right, having a coherent build shouldn't be -and isn't- an issue. Again: berserker gear is as cheap and easy to get as it gets. If you can't reach a coherent build yourself, other players can help you with that.

And what do you mean "people shouldn't be forced to buy any other gear"? Do you mean "any other than what they get during leveling" or what exactly are you saying here? Btw, nobody is reuqired to buy items, they can easly get them by playing the game. Buying those cheap items from tp is just another insanely easy shortcut you can take. Don't want to? Great, get your gear from actual gameplay, I have 0 issues with that.

...and bouncing off what you're saying here, I already see how hard you "want to experiment with builds" where you claim people shouldn't even have a coherent one to begin with, while exotic berserker gear is a barrier too high to overcome. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

We've been through it already, you can experiment with lower tiers of gear. People are not forced to change builds left and right, having a coherent build shouldn't be -and isn't- an issue. Again: berserker gear is as cheap and easy to get as it gets. If you can't reach a coherent build yourself, other players can help you with that.

And what do you mean "people shouldn't be forced to buy any other gear"? Do you mean "any other than what they get during leveling" or what exactly are you saying here? Btw, nobody is reuqired to buy items, they can easly get them by playing the game. Buying those cheap items from tp is just another insanely easy shortcut you can take. Don't want to? Great, get your gear from actual gameplay, I have 0 issues with that.

Don't make me repeat myself : (

Legendary gear allow you to do more  experimentation , right ? That why people should be forced to change stats in the instance/pvp content .

In OW , because there not an Legendary gear ,  there shouldn't be a need for experimentation .

We create content with the assumption people will have green-healers gear and their aim will be to learn to cc/dodge/survive .

When they gear in the instance content , they will get the Lege and try to create a cohered spec

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 5