Why do you only care about raids?

Ordin.9047

3 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Yes it's harder , but has less HP.

That what i want from future look-alike-Soo-won contents .

Yes , we should follow the Tentaquil (charizard) format , where it doesn't need meta spec , but any other experiment build is welcomed in that OW area

People are building tanky in Soo-won , but in Tentaquil they go  for Berseker gear ?

Yeah i agree that the Soo-Won mechanics should not in any form be nerfed , i am simply arguing about the HP

Yes but hp aint the problem

its people dying to mechanics while failing to do any significant damage that is the problem.

15 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Yes it's harder

22 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Oh I totaly agree we should make future content even harder then Tequatl the Sunless (Soo-Won was a good step) so people have a reason to learn and experiment in open world.

Im glad you are finaly seeing reason mate.

By the way it is not the hp that is the problem it is the mechanics being failed and people building so tanky while still not learning mechanics that fail the meta.

So make harder OW content, I'm glad we can all finally agree on this. 🙂  No need to make the hp any lower though, it's not high at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

where it doesn't need meta spec

It already isn't, as explained many times.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but hp aint the problem

its people dying to mechanics while failing to do any significant damage that is the problem.

When the content was bugged and the tail would show up most of the time , we would stuck at 5-15% hp ?

A little shave from that amount in future contents (not Soo-won)  , i believe would do the trick , while the mechanics should stay the same

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So make harder OW content, I'm glad we can all finally agree on this. 🙂

It already isn't, as explained many times.

Yeah , we are simply arguing about the HP , for 4 pages now.

Maybe next time i should make a diagram of something

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, try re-reading.

Hmm , i would argue you re-read it , starting from the post i made in this thread (hint: people wont need to change gear ... calculate the boss hp based on the community average gears (defensive-offensive-healing) ... or use Tentaquil format)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Hmm , i would argue you re-read it , starting from the post i made in this thread (hint: people wont need to change gear ... calculate the boss hp based on the community average gears (defensive-offensive-healing) ... or use Tentaquil format)

Already responded to that: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/122690-why-do-you-only-care-about-raids/page/3/#comment-1775733

If you can't bother with having a coherent (again: it doesn't mean meta or optimal) build for the latest meta then you've missed quite a bit of learning on the way to that event.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Already responded to that: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/122690-why-do-you-only-care-about-raids/page/3/#comment-1775733

If you can't bother with having a coherent (again: it doesn't mean meta or optimal) build for the latest meta then you've missed quite a bit of learning on the way to that event.

I am arguing 4pages now about the "If you can't bother with having a coherent build for the latest meta then you've missed quite a bit of learning on the way to that event" . We should not force people to change gear , but rather slighty nerf the HP and work like Tentaquil

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

I am arguing 4pages now about the "If you can't bother with having a coherent build for the latest meta then you've missed quite a bit of learning on the way to that event" . We should not force people to change gear , but rather slighty nerf the HP and work like Tentaquil

Lets tune back the power creep so the damage same it was when Tequatl  was rewamped and see how well that will go.

Hint you and most of the community to be fair will fail every world boss released after Tequatl.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Lets tune back the power creep so the damage same it was when Tequatl  was rewamped and see how well that will go.

Hint you and most of the community to be fair will fail every world boss released after Tequatl.

Normally i would ask for 20% quickness -250 Str/Condition boons , while arguing that even conditions build in instances uses Power/Precision and would get a nerf in the same time , but will create a very long thread

Maybe

• Confused 3

31 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Saw notification but no reply, was it too colorful for the forum mod?

3 minutes ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Saw notification but no reply, was it too colorful for the forum mod?

Yeah  i should not derail the thread any further , forgive me .

Let's imagine that this thread was for the instance community that felt left out and  the company didn't speak to them , pushing them away in arms of  another man/game .

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Normally i would ask for 20% quickness -250 Str/Condition boons , while arguing that even conditions build in instances uses Power/Precision and would get a nerf in the same time , but will create a very long thread

Maybe

Well thats not making experimentation usefull its making boons irrelevant and leads to less need for experimenting.

So it works against your goals.

• Like 1

Is this thread a joke? a late april fools? lol op you are seriously misguided if you think anet give a fat squat about raids anymore, they havent for a long time. The only reason they gave old raid content a new person mode is so people that have been complaining on the forums they cant get into raids because they are noobs to them, thats why. Raids have no new content by right we should have a wing 8 canthan raid, but nooo, raids are out strikes are in and they are failing . And fractals arent in much better shape. If anything anet is letting down the raid/fractal community by trying to divert end game to strikes! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Is this thread a joke? a late april fools? lol op you are seriously misguided if you think anet give a fat squat about raids anymore, they havent for a long time. The only reason they gave old raid content a new person mode is so people that have been complaining on the forums they cant get into raids because they are noobs to them, thats why. Raids have no new content by right we should have a wing 8 canthan raid, but nooo, raids are out strikes are in and they are failing . And fractals arent in much better shape. If anything anet is letting down the raid/fractal community by trying to divert end game to strikes! 

Strikes suck anyway. Honestly, no trinity baked into the core game means these afterthoughts shouldn't even be in the game. Just focus on LW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well thats not making experimentation usefull its making boons irrelevant and leads to less need for experimenting.

Trust me, boons would be relevant even if they were offering a modest 20-25% dps increase. Especially with the idea Anet balance devs had that, apparently, hybrid dps/boon builds should be doing on average ~20% dps less than pure dps ones. It's just that if they were cut down to that level, they would be relevant and wanted, but no longer flat out required. And that would open the door to different approaches.

For now it's exactly the boon meta that locks down the group compositions the most.

• Confused 4

I don't see how they care only about raids. Afaik they actually do not really care about them. Having created strikes instead.

And what is this thing about Mad King? Don't we get the usual 3 weeks this year - with it still covering the actual date of Halloween? And there is no real reason to start it earlier ot to make it longer. "Just because I want" is no reason. The only time they extended something ... afaik was SAB in the year Covid started quase a lot of people had a lot more free time.

• Like 2

About the 'open world should have legendary armor' side argument here,

Legendary armor is one of the biggest appeals of raids currently imo. If you introduce legendary armor to open world now then you would basically be cannibalizing from players starting to raid. I think open world legendary armor may have been okay if it was introduced right at the start but I think its just now too late to introduce such a thing. It also goes against their recent approach of nudging players into the 10 man content a bit (Emboldened mode in Raids, NM Strikes being easier to pick up, Strikes that give LI etc.) - you cant expect to have renewed interest to a piece of content if you take away one of the biggest incentives players have to run it. Not to mention open world doesnt even need any more incentives running it, its already the part of the game that gets most attention by far and is the most lucrative section of the game by far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machineuzi.5604 said:

About the 'open world should have legendary armor' side argument here,

Legendary armor is one of the biggest appeals of raids currently imo. If you introduce legendary armor to open world now then you would basically be cannibalizing from players starting to raid. 

If legendary armor is the biggest appeal of raids (instead of, you know, the content itself), then raids have no reason to exist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If legendary armor is the biggest appeal of raids (instead of, you know, the content itself), then raids have no reason to exist.

Doesn’t the post say “one of the biggest” and not “the biggest”? I am pretty sure that for many the content itself is appealing and that’s why they raid even after they got the legendary armor. I know plenty of players that still raid after they got all legendaries from raids. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Why?

We can also say the same for the dozens of open world farms people run repeatedly for gold. I doubt the person you see in Dragonfall for the 1000th time is there to enjoy the scenery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1