Flamethrower Shoots Through Doors.

Svarty.8019

As if Engineer's Flamethrower wasn't overpowered enough, it even shoots through doors. That's a disgusting oversight on the part of the developers. I truly hope they decide to pay some attention for once, but I very much doubt they will because they never do. Why did I even make a thread about anything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5

that has been part of the game like since...... release. 
and flamethrower is not the only skill behaving like that either. literally any AoE hits behind gates, that´s how it always has been, and to be honest: that´s how it will stay forever, since it has never been an issues. Obviously, ANet won´t "fix" it, because literally nobody thinks it´s "broken" in the first place. It doesn´t give any advantage to anyone in particular, because both, attackers and defenders can profit from that (attackers can prevent repariring from the inside, defenders can damage rams from a more or less safe position)

If you´re standing that close to a gate, that you get hit by a flamethrower, you´re also close enough to get pulled and bombed, so if you die to it, that´s on you. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Custodio.6134 said:

that has been part of the game like since...... release. 
and flamethrower is not the only skill behaving like that either. literally any AoE hits behind gates, that´s how it always has been, and to be honest: that´s how it will stay forever, since it has never been an issues. Obviously, ANet won´t "fix" it, because literally nobody thinks it´s "broken" in the first place. It doesn´t give any advantage to anyone in particular, because both, attackers and defenders can profit from that (attackers can prevent repariring from the inside, defenders can damage rams from a more or less safe position)

If you´re standing that close to a gate, that you get hit by a flamethrower, you´re also close enough to get pulled and bombed, so if you die to it, that´s on you. 

^^^^ This

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Why did I even make a thread about anything?

I'm not sure, why did you?  Do you want to make a thread about ranger pets, necro minions and mesmer clones that go through gates that aren't as easy to I dunno just walk away from?

Edited by HazyDaisy.4107
  • Like 1

While not a new thing, it is not great.  However, like so much other WvW jank, the people that got tired of putting up with it quit the game back when avoiding climate catastrophe was still possible.  It's also likely not high on the list of things to fix if it's even on the list at all.

If there's even a faint hope of it, it won't be until after alliances drop, are adjusted to Anet's satisfaction and all the other problems in WvW can potentially be looked at.

Man i miss lootstick guardians. They even could hit through the stairs at Durios.
I personally think it's just fair for the attackers being able to avoid defenders simply spamming repairs for an eternity (Such a Keep with 1800 supplies else could last way too long).

Edited by Chzara.6590
  • Like 1

Normal thing. Even walls are useless for defending in a way where you use them to attack the people down there. (And arrow carts get build more in the back.)

Normal players can just AoE everything up on the wall from down below. So flamethrower is a bit of a smaller problem compared to that ... I guess. 😄 (I would have preferred if there actually was something that prevented the AoE to on top of the walls where people even adjust the camera angle as good as possible to maximize their efficiency.)

Edited by Luthan.5236