How to counter Engi AED

freakcoco.4287

Since ppl don't know how to deal with AED.

The easiest way to counter AED is ignore it .

clip 1 engi die coz it random spam rockboot.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxr3cfp5HlXEwPy55_cB-dUggJbSq5AsNI

clip 2 engi successfully escape 

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4XzTC0j2tZ-VPbyIyKjTKS_sLuIB3FuR

There reason why engi can survive/disengage is not sustain.

It's mobility,  try to bake the rockboot CD or holo heat capacity, and you will be fine.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Wow! I’m schooled! Thanks! The hero Tyria needs!

Now let’s toss in about 8 billion pixels of particle effects, stealth, and some cc spam for good measure. 

Whoops! They didn’t trigger my AED. Time to shrink elixir, stealth, and super speed out for a few seconds while everything resets before my opponent gets their cooldowns back!

6 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I mean brute force works, yeah

personally I like to infinite CC spam AED enjoyers. Won't pop AED if they can't use anything to begin with and they won't be running away either. 😉

I mean .... whatever they trigger AED or not , a ordinary dps/duelist can brute it down .

Engi squishy as kitten.

6 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

Now let’s toss in about 8 billion pixels of particle effects, stealth, and some cc spam for good measure. 

Whoops! They didn’t trigger my AED. Time to shrink elixir, stealth, and super speed out for a few seconds while everything resets before my opponent gets their cooldowns back!

Then you know the problem is not no AED, there have lot of disengage/defence skill on engi  utility slot , and  Elixir S have 48 recharge time...

Edited by freakcoco.4287

7 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

Yeap, Engineer need nerfing not buffed.

Meh, anet's developer (or whatever team they made to focus on engineer) is a joke at this point.
Engineer is currently destroying PvP. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

I never really got the hang of A.E.D.  My go to is elixir u traited with alchemy.   But when I did try AED, I found its toolbelt less generally useful to me than those of other heals. I also found that I had to watch for interrupts on trying to turn on AED.  Normally when I needed it I was mid fight and it was easy to get melted down as I was too close to dead when I tried to optimize and left myself to the point where AED would actually trigger on death.

Is AED getting used a lot more then?  I can see it since there's the upgrade to tools I guess and you could trait it in the GM.

Edited by shion.2084

37 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

I never really got the hang of A.E.D.  My go to is elixir u traited with alchemy.   But when I did try AED, I found its toolbelt less generally useful to me than those of other heals. I also found that I had to watch for interrupts on trying to turn on AED.  Normally when I needed it I was mid fight and it was easy to get melted down as I was too close to dead when I tried to optimize and left myself to the point where AED would actually trigger on death.

Is AED getting used a lot more then?  I can see it since there's the upgrade to tools I guess and you could trait it in the GM.

Generally speaking AED is really good against conditions, even in duels. Vs Power it's more about the mind games and using it early is not bad either because in the technical terms, AED CD is not 24 seconds but 16 seconds when traited because that's when the effect runs out.

5k healing is not bad, esp when there's other tools to use.

Edited by Shao.7236