The real reason people spam auto-attack

48 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Do you never get bored of making these awful threads?

I think that's their entire schtick: post as many annoying threads of varying types as possible in an attempt to get as many replies and reactions as possible. If you check out their post history, it's all about baiting forum white knights and the upper echelon of players as that's the best way to get him/her the attention they so obviously crave.

And everyone just follows along; sorta like those who argue - pointlessly I'll add - with Obtena for pages on end.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

I think that's their entire schtick: post as many annoying threads of varying types as possible in an attempt to get as many replies and reactions as possible. If you check out their post history, it's all about baiting forum white knights and the upper echelon of players as that's the best way to get him/her the attention they so obviously crave.

And everyone just follows along; sorta like those who argue - pointlessly I'll add - with Obtena for pages on end.

Naa, Obtena is a way better troll.  The magic is in only ever criticizing other people's positions without actually taking one of your own so that when they respond you can just say you never took a position on the subject, tacitly admitting your only purpose was to troll them.  You have to be a pretty good troll to tell people you're trolling them and still get endless responses until the thread gets shut down by the mods.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Rotations aren't 2-3 buttons. They're not even 5 buttons. There's 20-button openers to memorize, and then 20 button regular rotations. They give off the feeling of being complete accidents, 'discovered' by min-maxers who know math. The devs then balance these 'discoveries'.

Being a raid elitist is like being elitist about whose essay on the Powerpuff Girls is better.

A rotation is any sequence of buttons/keys.  There doesn't need to be a certain number of different buttons/keys in order for it to be called a rotation.

Edited by mythical.6315

You don't need those "perfect rotations" or even specific "openers" for that matter. Most people talking about "just pressing 1"/"pressing whatever off cooldown" don't want you to be perfect/optimal -not even close- and that's not what the game is balanced around anyways.

Tbh I'm not sure what's the actual point of this thread, but pretending only edge cases (no dmg lazy gameplay on terrible builds vs perfect meta builds/rotations) exist is a pretty bad starting point in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Tbh I'm not sure what's the actual point of this thread, but pretending only edge cases (no dmg lazy gameplay on terrible builds vs perfect meta builds/rotations) exist is a pretty bad starting point in the first place.

No it isn't, because them still being in the game means the game designers tacitly approve of them.

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

No it isn't, because it's obvious the game designers know they're there and do nothing about them.

I'm not sure I understand. It isn't a bad point because devs know edge cases exist? How does this change anything about what I've said in my post?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Obviously if that is the "benchmark", then all encounters are designed with that in mind.

No, that's not the benchmark the game is balanced around, which is what you apparently seem to be suggesting here. If there are some strong outliers in dps at the top of optimized gameplay, those builds are the ones that are nerfed, not the other way around. If the game was balanced around optimal builds/dps/gameplay, you'd be consistently failing playing anything below that and it's absolutely clear that's not even close to being a thing here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, that's not the benchmark the game is balanced around, which is what you apparently seem to be suggesting here. If there are some strong outliers in dps at the top of optimized gameplay, those builds are the ones that are nerfed, not the other way around. If the game was balanced around optimal builds/dps/gameplay, you'd be consistently failing playing anything below that and it's absolutely clear that's not even close to being a thing here.

But you're not at the top with your sub-optimal playstyle are you? Point still stands.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

But you're not at the top with your sub-optimal playstyle are you?

How does it matter if "you're at the top"? The content is still clearly not balanced around expectation of the players to play at the optimal/top performance. You can be nowhere near the top performance and still comfortably complete the content. If the content was balanced with the expectation of having the top performance, that wouldn't be possible.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Of course it is, or people would be one-shotting raid bosses now.

No, they wouldn't. The general powercreep still happens and the content is still not balanced around anywhere near the expectation of players performing at the peak. How do we know that? Join a zerg, run a dps meter and see the results when the events keep being completed successfully. If everyone isn't performing at the top of what is possible (spoiler alert: vast majority will not be even close to it), it's clear the content isn't made around the expectation of the players to perform the top of what the game allows them to. So no, that is not what the game is balanced around.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

No, they wouldn't. The general powercreep still happens and the content is still not balanced around anywhere near the expectation of players performing at the peak. How do we know that? Join a zerg, run a dps meter and see the results when the events keep being completed successfully. If everyone isn't performing at the top of what is possible (spoiler alert: vast majority will not be close to it), it's clear the content isn't made around the expectation of the players to perform the best the game allows them to.

Lmao a zerg. Of course those don't require optimal rotations, I'm talking about hardcore endgame content.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, they wouldn't. The general powercreep still happens and the content is still not balanced around anywhere near the expectation of players performing at the peak. How do we know that? Join a zerg, run a dps meter and see the results when the events keep being completed successfully. If everyone isn't performing at the top of what is possible (spoiler alert: vast majority will not be close to it), it's clear the content isn't made around the expectation of the players to perform the best the game allows them to.

This.

Content in this game isnt even balanced around best in slot gear, let alone min-maxed/optimized builds and play. The game assumes rare gear....two steps down from BiS.

2 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Lmao a zerg. Of course those don't require optimal rotations, I'm talking about hardcore endgame content.

Yeah, most squads will follow what I wrote above anyways. So join random squads and see what numbers can comfortably finish those encounters. It is still far from what you apparently think it is. Like... not even close.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2