Berserker is just an exercise in frustration

rainhelm.3827

Why does this spec sacrifice EVERYTHING for passable Condi DPS? And the only source of mobility I'm apparently allowed to have, quickness, is tied to BANNERS? You're telling me I get movement speed if I sit next to a stationary object that is on a long cooldown? Groups love banners in raids so what? This is garbage design. There is more to your video game than raids. There is more to this game than standing still and hitting a target that is also standing still.

You know this isn't even the worst part, its just the last straw but I don't want to rant about how dumb it is to spam a bunch of boring abilities(YES BANNERS ARE BORING) just for the sake of proccing their boons/quickness or spamming abilities that do literally nothing just to extend berserk duration so I can keep spamming F1. The heatbutt>outrage combo is peak failure in game design.

Literally everything I do playing this spec is done to either extend berserk duration to spam F1's or to grant me quickness that I will not be relying on when I actually need the movement speed part. God forbid I used abilities for what they actually did rather than some lame passive that I need to have a functional build.

This would be the part where I insult the developers but really, I'm the clown for spending money on your game, and I'm happy to tell you I'll not repeat that mistake ever again.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• rainhelm.3827 changed the title to Berserker is just an exercise in frustration

yes, warrior is basically the worst design in this game, where everybody does a lot of everything

while warrior sacrifice everything to do one thing, with 0 flexibility.

now devs are overloading skills to make anything even playable, after everything being so much better.

every skill/trait has a million lines for description, the class is still not flexible, it's only Band-Aid, to fix warrior unable to do anything.

no flexibility, because other classes have functionality built in, while warrior need all utility slot to do anything.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

If you’re talking about PvE, then at least Bladesworn can be quite fun. I personally enjoy flicker step out of AoE and then back in, the whole play style is very fun imo and rewards practice.

Firstly, I realize this is a genuine advice with goodwill behind it, but you must look it from my perspective.

I have a policy of not paying money to developers who balance their games to maximize FOMO profits rather than building trust and goodwill with their existing playerbase, who might have wanted to enjoy the old content. I already paid money for the first two expansions so if they can't give my spec attention, then I refuse to reward that behavior.

There is also no guarantee they won't nerf your playstyle into the ground when the 4th elite spec is out or they want a different FOMO class for that patch. This kind of balancing is exactly what made me stay far away from mobas or battle royales, its even more toxic in MMORPG's where time investment is massive compared to other video games.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, rainhelm.3827 said:

Firstly, I realize this is a genuine advice with goodwill behind it, but you must look it from my perspective.

I have a policy of not paying money to developers who balance their games to maximize FOMO profits rather than building trust and goodwill with their existing playerbase, who might have wanted to enjoy the old content. I already paid money for the first two expansions so if they can't give my spec attention, then I refuse to reward that behavior.

There is also no guarantee they won't nerf your playstyle into the ground when the 4th elite spec is out or they want a different FOMO class for that patch. This kind of balancing is exactly what made me stay far away from mobas or battle royales, its even more toxic in MMORPG's where time investment is massive compared to other video games.

I think you’re looking at from the wrong perspective in fact - they’re trying to give core warrior base traits some love but it’s not easy to do with number tweaks alone. 

Bladesworn was just them trying to find a way to move away from base warrior simplicity. It’s unfortunate you have to buy the latest expansion to have that complexity in PvE but it’s not intentional imo. Other classes that are HoT and PoF specs can bring complexity without you buying EoD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I think you’re looking at from the wrong perspective in fact - they’re trying to give core warrior base traits some love but it’s not easy to do with number tweaks alone. 

Bladesworn was just them trying to find a way to move away from base warrior simplicity. It’s unfortunate you have to buy the latest expansion to have that complexity in PvE but it’s not intentional imo. Other classes that are HoT and PoF specs can bring complexity without you buying EoD.

I don't see you or these poor developers that are clearly trying so hard to improve my experience by refunding me the money I paid for the two expansions or giving me a free code for EoD so you can save whatever excuse you may have.

My perspective is the correct one in the sense that I'll believe it when I actually see it. Telling me ''too bad you got trolled, pay more because I did too or play something else'' isn't even actual advice especially after I told you that I'm already aware of what my options are.

I'm sorry, but at that point it stops being goodwill and reads more like toxic positivity. Its like telling a depressed person to ''just be happy''.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, rainhelm.3827 said:

I don't see you or these poor developers that are clearly trying so hard to improve my experience by refunding me the money I paid for the two expansions or giving me a free code for EoD so you can save whatever excuse you may have.

My perspective is the correct one in the sense that I'll believe it when I actually see it. Telling me ''too bad you got trolled, pay more because I did too or play something else'' isn't even actual advice especially after I told you that I'm already aware of what my options are.

I'm sorry, but at that point it stops being goodwill and reads more like toxic positivity. Its like telling a depressed person to ''just be happy''.

There are so many complaints in your posts about varying different things, and you seem so fully decided on how you feel and what you think the devs are doing, I’m almost ready to just say I don’t think this game is for you.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

There are so many complaints in your posts about varying different things, and you seem so fully decided on how you feel and what you think the devs are doing, I’m almost ready to just say I don’t think this game is for you.

Right, you would get to decide if I should play the video game I paid for. The complaints have been about a very specific portion of the game and its even posted in the correct section of the forums but I guess I can't help if you can't notice that can I?

You should probably tell me for the 3rd time that I could shill some more money for bladesworn or play something else in case I didn't get your point though, that would definitely put me in a positive mood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rainhelm.3827 said:

Right, you would get to decide if I should play the video game I paid for.

No one is deciding anything for you. @ProverbsofHell.2307is just expressing an opinion that perhaps GW2 isn't a good fit for you (reasonable, considering that the inefficacy of one single spec is all it takes to make you want to disengage). Nobody told you to leave.

I went the route of just not caring about how my warriors stack up against the meta. I can still wreck stuff with decent pve dps numbers on my berserkers, and have fun doing it. And since you seem to have trouble distinguishing commands from expressions of opinion... no, I am not saying that you should give up like I did. I'm just saying that I personally found my peace with the status quo. I'm very much in agreement that berserker is in a bad spot, but I'm just long past hoping that the devs will fix anything properly.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Problem is that, not only other classes has so many extra skills

some also has like "phantasm", "symbol", these special types of weapon skills and traits/utilities that specifically buff these skills.

where's special type of weapon skills for warrior? none.

on top of that, there's combo fields, that provides even more flexibility

what combo warrior has? a fire field that basically never used.

or weapon traits that changes how weapon works, like bountiful blades, they give extra bounces and add an additional phantasmal berserker, instead of just add % damage increase, they increased hits instead with same cast time. this would help warrior tremendously in pvp against blind etc. imagine forceful greatsword altered greatsword skills, instead of just +power.

there's literally more ways then simply adding more skill slots to provide flexibility and complexity.

but they add none to warrior.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2

honestly the banner changes weren't even good, the skills are literally terrible the boons provided for 30s cd skills are garbage, while other classes practically vomit them,

you can tell no real effort was put into the banner rework, the june one was a literal fu to the players, and the august one was an afterthought damage control.

and the only reason banners work in pve is because they overloaded double standards and banner of tactics with quickness.

and how's warrior any better in pve, bloody roar is still bugged as far as i know as well as some other traits, and the only true demand for warrior is as dps filler and honestly subpar even for that.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

this is a blatant lie, you know why? because they were able to break warrior in competitive with number tweaks. we're still suffering from those 💩 decisions.

at the very least they could've easily adjusted the coefficients but nothing has been done. FOR YEARS.

also most of op's complaints are actually sound. these things aren't new, they've been brought up before time and again.

you expect us to believe in that 💩 about balance they've been spouting? when firebrand, mechanist, etc exist? thats a reality check right there.

why are they so hellbent on "balancing" warrior when everything else are literally exempt from balancing.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

How about you try out some different weapons, or hear me out, play off meta for a bit. There is another patch in November, so let's see what they do. You're not the only one who has complained about the Berserk Duration, so it's not like it isn't on their radar.

I was just thinking to myself maybe I should roll some cele gear and meme around.

Spoiler

Even for that though, I'm sure I could find like dozens of other specs that can do it better and easier. The banner quickness meme is bad for even casually manuevering around, its not like something gear can solve, the class is just rotten to the core.

Oh lastly, what should I expect from this november patch btw? I'm not very knowledgeable about development cycles for this game and I just play it on and off so if its some minor patch I'd rather give up hope now and roll something else. If its something big though, do tell me about it.

Edited by rainhelm.3827

24 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

honestly the banner changes weren't even good, the skills are literally terrible the boons provided for 30s cd skills are garbage, while other classes practically vomit them,

you can tell no real effort was put into the banner rework, the june one was a literal fu to the players, and the august one was an afterthought damage control.

and the only reason banners work in pve is because they overloaded double standards and banner of tactics with quickness.

and how's warrior any better in pve, bloody roar is still bugged as far as i know as well as some other traits, and the only true demand for warrior is as dps filler and honestly subpar even for that.

Rather be a dps filler than a required "banner slave" high-priest. At least I get to pick what weapons I want to play with.

• Thanks 1

my advice op switch to a class you'd enjoy, don't invest too heavily in a character unless you're sure, character specific upgrades, such as bag slots, equipment templates and build templates. also don't overcommit to map completion and story just yet unless you plan or don't mind repeating them. as far as gear goes they're very much attainable through various means.

as for game balance, take it from me its been horrible for years, development cycles are not consistent, you will often get unimpactful filler balance changes without real issues getting addressed.

but there's more to enjoy in the game, truthfully its worth the purchase so don't feel bad about that, you'll find your place in the game in time. unless you run into assholes in pve or take competitive modes too seriously you will probably get by.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, rainhelm.3827 said:

I was just thinking to myself maybe I should roll some cele gear and meme around.

Cele can be good, play around in the build editor to see what appeals to you first unless you have legendary gear for swapping things out on the fly.

19 minutes ago, rainhelm.3827 said:
  Hide contents

Even for that though, I'm sure I could find like dozens of other specs that can do it better and easier. The banner quickness meme is bad for even casually manuevering around, its not like something gear can solve, the class is just rotten to the core.

Oh lastly, what should I expect from this november patch btw? I'm not very knowledgeable about development cycles for this game and I just play it on and off so if its some minor patch I'd rather give up hope now and roll something else. If its something big though, do tell me about it.

None of us are sure, but it was added to the schedule after the June 28th debacle, much like the October patch was. For all we know at the moment there will be no further warrior changes, but it could also be like the Oct. 4th patch and be mostly warrior focused. I wouldn't abandon your warrior just yet until you see the pre patch notes at least.

If you do choose to abandon your warrior I've found Guardian, Ranger, Necro, and Engi to be fun to play with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Rather be a dps filler than a required "banner slave" high-priest. At least I get to pick what weapons I want to play with.

yeah i'd rather "hi dps" too. 🤣

but what i meant was our role in pve hasn't really been changed by the rework, we're still sub optimal quickness bannerslave, or suboptimal "hi dps".

fyi there are people who do complain even about your build choice or weapon choice.

i've personally had complaints for using core warrior or using a rifle. even when i put out good numbers. there will always be people like that i think. 🤔

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cele can be good, play around in the build editor to see what appeals to you first unless you have legendary gear for swapping things out on the fly.

None of us are sure, but it was added to the schedule after the June 28th debacle, much like the October patch was. For all we know at the moment there will be no further warrior changes, but it could also be like the Oct. 4th patch and be mostly warrior focused. I wouldn't abandon your warrior just yet until you see the pre patch notes at least.

If you do choose to abandon your warrior I've found Guardian, Ranger, Necro, and Engi to be fun to play with.

This was eye opening and informative, thanks.

I was already considering guardian as my next bet. I guess ı might aswell start it now and when (if) they decide to fix warrior, I'll give it a go again.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rainhelm.3827 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Have a couple of Warriors, the main one I run now is a Cele build. Mostly just WvW but there it can run as a solo roamer, havoc as attack and support, and it zerg surfs just fine. Like any build there are counters to it but its pretty sound and can take some hits and give some out. Times I take it out to PvE holds up there as well, but I don't raid so can't talk to that. Would theory craft around on gw2skills.net if you want to see how the numbers look before you swap gear or classes. But Cele is quite viable for the Berserker builds. Good hunting!

40 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

my advice op switch to a class you'd enjoy, don't invest too heavily in a character unless you're sure, character specific upgrades, such as bag slots, equipment templates and build templates. also don't overcommit to map completion and story just yet unless you plan or don't mind repeating them. as far as gear goes they're very much attainable through various means.

as for game balance, take it from me its been horrible for years, development cycles are not consistent, you will often get unimpactful filler balance changes without real issues getting addressed.

but there's more to enjoy in the game, truthfully its worth the purchase so don't feel bad about that, you'll find your place in the game in time. unless you run into assholes in pve or take competitive modes too seriously you will probably get by.

I'm afraid I already invested enough of my time and no, I don't struggle as much with group content as much as I do with some of the bosses that exist in DLC open world zones. Fractal groups often fail because players fail to comprehend mechanics or they are gated by a stat-check (agony).

I on the other hand, go try to do something as easy as defeating a champion for some hero points, and needless to say this so called ''meta'' dps build has trouble surviving basic mobs without god tier positioning/dodging, let alone a few attacks from a champion boss. After dying over and over and over again in maguma, playing fractals felt easier. Much easier.

No I'd rather live in the fractals/raids than to bring this build to anywhere else. I'll have a crapton of boons/heals provided to me in those areas and won't have to spam dodge because the boss looked at my general direction. If anything doing fractals is the easy content where I don't have to worry about how god awful my spec is since other players can make up for it.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

yeah i'd rather "hi dps" too. 🤣

but what i meant was our role in pve hasn't really been changed by the rework, we're still sub optimal quickness bannerslave, or suboptimal "hi dps".

Yes it has. The "banner slave" is dead. It's not required anymore. Warrior can just go full melee dps, provide some banner support or a combination of the two.

fyi there are people who do complain even about your build choice or weapon choice.

Pfft let 'em. Whatever. I'm 37 years old. I ain't got time for 20-somethings that just came into the game like...a year ago and pretend they know shite because they saw their favorite streamer do it this way. Man F' THAT.

i've personally had complaints for using core warrior or using a rifle. even when i put out good numbers. there will always be people like that i think. 🤔

Pfft f' em. They don't know anything. Get yourself arcdps on there, send them an image or log and watch their reactions! If this was fractals I WILL tear them a new one. If you're outputting 8-10k on fractals, you're doing fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yes it has. The "banner slave" is dead. It's not required anymore. Warrior can just go full melee dps, provide some banner support or a combination of the two.

banner support is practically "banner slave" isn't it 🤔 but yeah i suppose nobody is demanding warrior for quickness, so technically not a "slave" anymore. 🤣

"hi dps" 🤣

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

If you're outputting 8-10k on fractals, you're doing fine.

i'm overperforming. 😲

• Confused 1