I'd say around 90% of ranger playerbase in WvW...doesn't play less than 1m away from closest tower

Arheundel.6451

Regardless of the rank, build played...the trend I noticed is always the same : "tower ranger gameplay", and the only other gameplay alternative  I noticed that could allow to spot a ranger away from the closest tower....it's a boring bleeding boonbeast knockoff that accomplishes nothing other than 1) makes you laugh , 2) roll your eyes  and 3)bore you to death....any of three or all of them.

The class has loads to offer and so comes as surprise to see the vast majority of the ranger playerbase being this....boring to watch, play against...and be around overall. For a class advertised as one of the easiest...it's confusing to see the vast majority of ranger players even failing at being an actual threat when playing in group, while at the same time being the easiest targets to down ...unless they play a boring bunker that equally accomplishes nothing other than offering some immobilize hoping for a kill thx to team effort.

In light of all this, I suggest that maybe being good at ranger is not as easy as the GW2 playerbase always loved to think ....in all truth, when I get usually heavily outnumbered and I see an ally coming to my rescue, in my heart I always hope it's not a ranger...because a good 8 times out of 10, he will end being downed from full health even before me when I am already half dead with no CD left...and I wonder how in the world they can accomplish that.....

Let me leave you with a word of advice...ok...so you want to play pewpew from that tower so badly then...run something like this : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENFDE4a/BYEpB-zxQYhoi7cHEWJY7AA-e ; this is what you run! Not that trash build with cavalier you come up with! Your role on this type of build is to obliterate the target and move to the next, sorry to break your bubble but longbow offers close to no threat outside n2 pewpew , my statement here would require another thread to explain you why, but those who have been playing GW2 for years and actively own several other classes, know exactly what I am talking about.

Please...learn to be an actual threat and stop being a roleplayer with a longbow

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 13

That is the main reason why most rangers picked this class, because of the longbow. They refuse to play meta even with the buffs on druid. I seldom see Druids in wvw even after the buff and some Druids are still equipped with LB. Like wtf. That's why I have no loyalty to one class. I play guardian, warrior, ranger, necro, engineer etc... so I really won't care less if one gets nerfed and the other gets buffed. So it's a puzzle to me when people keep playing a class or build that offers minimal use or help to the game mode they are on. Just saying... 

Edited by PrinceValentine.9320
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

this is what you run!

Worse than usual Beastmastery picks, empty trait slot and Soulbeast with no traits and 100% offence that will down you in 2s?
Got it. 

12 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

when I get usually heavily outnumbered and I see an ally coming to my rescue, in my heart I always hope it's not a ranger...because a good 8 times out of 10, he will end being downed from full health even before me when I am already half dead with no CD left...and I wonder how in the world they can accomplish that.....

Quite a lot of information is missing from this scenario. Obviously nobody will save you if you have half hp and no cooldowns when the enemy has more hp and cooldowns, since you will be downed before anything of value is done. The only scenario when you live is when you actually did enough damage so the enemies back away or a healer spec keeps you alive so you get CD to disengage.

You really sound like you just want to blame anyone for you doing something wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The only time I use Longbow is a Build I created explicitly to exploit cooldown reductions to make Barrage a 10 second cooldown (with animations its even lower).

Other than that is a pretty useless weapons because it roots you in place to do Barrage, it okay at chasing people but its rare to see someone just run away rather then stealthing or using movement abilities.

I mostly play Celestials Untamed,  Axe + Warhorn and Shortbow. Its pretty good since you have access to the amazing Axe Ambush and can even escape with the Teleport if you can find a woodland creature to tag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jaysus glad I am in the 10% xD

I play DPS Druid (yes LB and also Staff...will swap to condi pending what  am up against but DPS is my main Druid build). I travel all over the map looking for encounters, usually going balls to the wall (sometimes TOO balls to the wall lol). My k/d ratio is def on my side as I have been playing druid since HoT dropped (pretty much same non meta build too)

Threatening damage? hmmmm yes and no. I mean with quickness bursts it "can" be damaging, and druid's Ancient Seeds help nail the barrage more often then not (feels good to root someone long enough for all Barrage hits to go).

Unless you are full zerk however the damage can be a bit underwhelming without doing it as a quickness burst (love seeing a soulbeast blow this into my staff 5 wall lol). Greatsword is pretty much where the big damage is at generally. Has mobility, block and a rechargable CC. Im not a fan of GS so thats why I dont use it, I trade damage for survivability with my staff.

Does damage need to be increased on LB? I am going to say no as the LB usage is strongly dependent on the skill of the user (aside form the soulbeast quickness sick em build lol). 

This is all just my opinions ofc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...