Dragon and other tactics banners should last 3 minutes

Riba.3271

Yep, there is no reason they should last 15 minutes out of 20. 3 Minutes is enough for 2 fights, which is plenty.

There is no way these "dragonbanner mains with running away builds" make game overall more fun.

Also give Turtle autoattack healing scaling, since it is underpowered and used on minstrels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Yep, there is no reason they should last 15 minutes out of 20. 3 Minutes is enough for 2 fights, which is plenty.

There is no way these "dragonbanner mains with running away builds" make game overall more fun.

Also give Turtle autoattack healing scaling, since it is underpowered and used on minstrels.

Translation "We can't kill 1 person yet somehow that 1 person magically kills a blob because it stands in fire".

L2P issue.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

A waste of dev's time,  banner should follow the squad everywhere, they've already nerf  it to oblivion. Stop being bad and learn to dodge.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

Translation "We can't kill 1 person yet somehow that 1 person magically kills a blob because it stands in fire".

L2P issue.

16 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

A waste of dev's time,  banner should follow the squad everywhere, they've already nerf  it to oblivion. Stop being bad and learn to dodge.

19 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

bc u get onepushed everytime, unlucky. try dodge

You do know that dragon banners also work with trait interactions? So spellbreaker can remove Boons and immobilize in AoE with it and gain stacking power and ferocity? So it isn't just Dragon banner 5 that is problematic. They equip a couple of dashes, stunbreaks, damage immunities and superspeed. Do you think 40 people have 30s of luxury to spend 30 seconds of time to chase 1 guy midfight WHILE inside enemy keep? No. Good dragon banner users will just keep going in and out of keep portals.

Honestly, you guys find fighting dragon banners fun? No. So you're the ones that use them. Hehe.

Also do note that I am not asking for reduction of power levels of banner, just duration. Meaning if blob actually had ability to kill the guy without wiping, the duration nerf wouldn't matter. It would just remove these cheese hiding tactics from its users.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/13/2022 at 12:56 AM, Riba.3271 said:

You do know that dragon banners also work with trait interactions? So spellbreaker can remove Boons and immobilize in AoE with it and gain stacking power and ferocity? So it isn't just Dragon banner 5 that is problematic. They equip a couple of dashes, stunbreaks, damage immunities and superspeed. Do you think 40 people have 30s of luxury to spend 30 seconds of time to chase 1 guy midfight WHILE inside enemy keep? No. Good dragon banner users will just keep going in and out of keep portals.

Honestly, you guys find fighting dragon banners fun? No. So you're the ones that use them. Hehe.

Also do note that I am not asking for reduction of power levels of banner, just duration. Meaning if blob actually had ability to kill the guy without wiping, the duration nerf wouldn't matter. It would just remove these cheese hiding tactics from its users.

Remove all tactivators while your at it.

S A R C A S M

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Remove all tactivators while your at it.

why

they are irl super low impact. only the EBG/SM airship and stealth wells are kinda impactful, literally every single tactics, including dragonbanner, is just weak.

for riba and others who forgot: dragonbanner was yet several times nerfed. it got dmg nerfs and was made map-segment bound....

with my first guild we still took SM against three or more clouding dragonbanners, at full power it wasn't therefore even thaaat broken so ehh

2 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

for riba and others who forgot: dragonbanner was yet several times nerfed. it got dmg nerfs and was made map-segment bound....

with my first guild we still took SM against three or more clouding dragonbanners, at full power it wasn't therefore even thaaat broken so ehh

I am not here asking to nerf dragonbanner for my personal gameplay, I am asking to remove it for good of the gamemode and new players.

The thing is, the banner is opressive to new players and there are literally people who keep it whole 15 minutes moving in and out of portals killing all the newbies around. Is having the banner in the game really worth it? 1 person spamming 2 skills ruining game for multiple others?

All of you seem to be thinking that since I am here asking for changes, is that I am the one having issues spotting and surviving from dragonbanner. No, every idea here I make is for better WvW where fights aren't cheesed and noobs should have fun too. Making fun of me or claiming "oh ye guilds can deal with it against bad users", are not arguments why there should exist someone camping dragon banners in the game.

Play the game normally, and stop camping banners, please. At least 17 minutes out of 20.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

I am not here asking to nerf dragonbanner for my personal gameplay, I am asking to remove it for good of the gamemode and new players.

The thing is, the banner is opressive to new players and there are literally people who keep it whole 15 minutes moving in and out of portals killing all the newbies around. Is having the banner in the game really worth it? 1 person spamming 2 skills ruining game for multiple others?

All of you seem to be thinking that since I am here asking for changes, is that I am the one having issues spotting and surviving from dragonbanner. No, every idea here I make is for better WvW where fights aren't cheesed and noobs should have fun too. Making fun of me or claiming "oh ye guilds can deal with it against bad users", are not arguments why there should exist someone camping dragon banners in the game.

Play the game normally, and stop camping banners, please. At least 17 minutes out of 20.

Your last sentence says you are absolutely asking for it to be nerfed because of your playstyle.

• Like 1

2020 called, they said banners were nerfed already in 2020, it can't leave it's territory so you can only have one per territory.

They're not zerg breaking as they use to be. There's a lot more dumb things to priority fix in wvw these days, nevermind that wvw gets little to no development anyways so why even waste it on this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, Riba.3271 said:

What do you see the cooldown to be set to if the active time is reduced? Same or different? Don't use them myself.

15 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They're not zerg breaking as they use to be. There's a lot more dumb things to priority fix in wvw these days, nevermind that wvw gets little to no development anyways so why even waste it on this.

This is a small numerical change that takes less than 5 minutes to find and change. If it makes game slightly better for that little time, it is worth adjusting.

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

This is a small numerical change that takes less than 5 minutes to find and change. If it makes game slightly better for that little time, it is worth adjusting.

Banners are insignificant parts of combat as it is. Most fights only last like 5mins and then it moves on when the enemy dies or moves or caps, so the banner isn't even used for it's full duration a lot of times. They're practically useless against zergs especially boon balls, the only fights that last 15 mins in one area are boon balls farming an objective, and I don't see a problem with having banner last that long against that type of enemy. 

Small numerical change, lol, yeah tell that to the balance team.

Arenanet won't know what you're talking about - they've long forgotten about Guild Tactics in WvW. Watch the old WvW  livestreams, people say something about banners in chat and the devs look at each other scratching their heads and shrugging.

If anything, the banner tactics should be buffed immensely. Because they're so pathetically weak (Heart of Thorns power levels), that they're inconsequential.

They add a bit of variety to otherwise predictable fights. BUFF BANNERS!

More variety of tools = more FUN!

• Like 1