Enginier Golem

spankyed.4735

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Imagine not fluff posting to inflate your count....

Also, immortal underwater hasn't been a thing in years ya boomer 😂

Wasnt your first post fluff about warrior and ranger with a tiny edited sidenote on mechanist that was essentially "duh just block", lol? Throwing stones in glass houses mate.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Wasnt your first post fluff about warrior and ranger with a tiny edited sidenote on mechanist that was essentially "duh just block", lol? Throwing stones in glass houses mate.

No? Warrior can literally contest points and down people (simultaneously) in sPvP if left alone when downed, it's not a weak downstate at all.  

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then explain engineer's downstate.

Edit:

And I mean the base class, holo, and scrapper, not Mech which inherited the bad design of the ranger pet in downstate.

Engi has a weaker downstate just like the ranger one? That's why they added the mech damage to it as well as with ranger adding Untamed ability to still control your pets fully (i.e. not just the F2, and only if pet isn't unleashed at time of going down).  

As I mentioned, the days of immortal ranger through pet rez or while underwater are long gone, damage is too high now. 

With ranger downstate, all you can do is hope the enemy is either PvE AI and leaves you alone to rez, or you had them low enough and are on Untamed or Druid so you can potentially down them in return.  In a downstate vs. downstate, I will concede ranger is most likely going to win that--but I have lost downstate battles to glass thieves, mesmers, and such at times.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I assume you either play a safe build or a glass cannon.

Assume what you want. Assuming others only play 1 build tells me everything I need to know about you already...

And downstate in this game in both competitive modes is just awful. At least in pvp you are forced into an equal number fight and you can't rally off NPCs, so it's at least tolerable. In WvW it's simply one of the dumbest game design in the game and it's just total garbage that should have never made it to a live version of the game.

• Like 1

So that we are clear on Mech: the golem stun (F3) that some people mentioned is so bad that if you by any chance press it, you will see your golem running around chasing people and not doing anything, no damage, nothing, just strutting around. i don't wanna think about people who set it on autocast. Anyway, the golem needs to get almost in melee range of the target enemy and will do a very obvious jump, so your opponent has ample times to move out of range (with superspeed, blinks and other movement abilities) or very easily dodge/evade frame the cc.

When I played mech in spvp, where arguably sky circus, or whatever it's called, is more useful since it affects 5 people, I immediately swapped to the pve dps option (jade mortar?) which has 1200 range and does not stop the robot from using auto-attacks from range. Besides if you think of using it in a group fight on a node, you better be sure you have someone to strip the enemy stability otherwise it's again useless. 

And even in down state as a mechanist, you still want your mech to dps, because the procs and the damage may get the opponent down, while the cc ability will do almost nothing other than delaying you being stomped by the few seconds it takes to dodge. And again the robot trotting around is actually extremely counterproductive, you may be already dead by the time the robot reaches its target.

Edited by Karagee.6830

6 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Assume what you want. Assuming others only play 1 build tells me everything I need to know about you already...

And downstate in this game in both competitive modes is just awful. At least in pvp you are forced into an equal number fight and you can't rally off NPCs, so it's at least tolerable. In WvW it's simply one of the dumbest game design in the game and it's just total garbage that should have never made it to a live version of the game.

Because they didn't want people getting blown up with no chance of revival regardless of build. It's not rocket science.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

Because they didn't want people getting blown up with no chance of revival regardless of build. It's not rocket science.

You're right, it's not rocket science: 1v1 if you get downed you are going to die almost every time. It's only when it's 3v1 or 4v1 that your friends can help you...

Also define 'blown up'. Sounds very much like a skill issue to me, especially in WvW with nearly unkillable builds and so there is no need to have a mechanic for people playing poorly, just so that they can get carried by others or many others.

Edited by Karagee.6830

9 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

And also you're meant to think on a tactical and strategical level in the grander scale of WvW, not just blindly focusing on a single fight ahead of you. Initial engage, positioning, reinforcements, maneuvering, knowing when to withdraw, knowing when to push, adjusting to builds, adjusting to skill, is all important things instead of a do or die rush. 

But I think that is rocket science to many. They just want the easy road with no thinking, a difficult 1v3 where reviving making it even harder is never just playing the game on hard mode for them. No no it's the enemy exploiting the game and having it easy. It's always the enemies fault that they engage 1v3.

If they win they're the bestest player ever and the enemy was kitten. If they loose they are still the bestest player ever and the enemy is still kitten. If the enemy had a really hard time taking them down because they actually are some of the bestest players ever carried by good builds so the enemy needed to 3v1 them, they'll just admit to being regular players with mediocre builds because the enemy is still kitten.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And also you're meant to think on a tactical and strategical level in the grander scale of WvW, not just blindly focusing on a single fight ahead of you. Initial engage, positioning, reinforcements, maneuvering, knowing when to withdraw, knowing when to push, adjusting to builds, adjusting to skill, is all important things instead of a do or die rush. 

But I think that is rocket science to many. They just want the easy road with no thinking, a difficult 1v3 where reviving making it even harder is never just playing the game on hard mode for them. No no it's the enemy exploiting the game and having it easy. It's always the enemies fault that they engage 1v3.

If they win they're the bestest player ever and the enemy was kitten. If they loose they are still the bestest player ever and the enemy is still kitten. If the enemy had a really hard time taking them down because they actually are some of the bestest players ever carried by good builds so the enemy needed to 3v1 them, they'll just admit to being regular players with mediocre builds because the enemy is still kitten.

Why so mutch anger vs soloers?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ok Dawdler, we know you like to outnumber people and you think 3v1 is fair and balanced, so down state is a mechanic that makes sense because you think those fights are fair and even. You made it clear many times.

Now we discover that you also think people look for 1v3, when it's normally bad players in a group who seek the lonely roamer for an easy kill and not the other way around.

Just remove down state in WvW, it's also grossly unhealthy for zerg fights.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Why so mutch anger vs soloers?

Because he roams in a group and ganks people that way, evidently, and this is his coping mechanism to justify what he does.

If I see someone from my server fighting one on one I usually don't intervene and only step in if he gets downed. I never understood where the fun is in having a fight or turning a fight in +1 or +2 or +3.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Ok Dawdler, we know you like to outnumber people and you think 3v1 is fair and balanced, so down state is a mechanic that makes sense because you think those fights are fair and even. You made it clear many times.

Now we discover that you also think people look for 1v3, when it's normally bad players in a group who seek the lonely roamer for an easy kill and not the other way around.

Just remove down state in WvW, it's also grossly unhealthy for zerg fights.

Thanks for confirming everything I just said is accurate in at least one case. Got to love that the "lonely roamers" are the poor victims in the situation they usually intentionally seeks out and love finding themselves in. This sound more like the complaints of a duelist, not a true roamer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Thanks for confirming everything I just said is accurate in at least one case. Got to love that the "lonely roamers" are the poor victims in the situation they usually intentionally seeks out and love finding themselves in. This sound more like the complaints of a duelist, not a true roamer.

Seems like I hit the nail on the head. Thanks for confirming everything I said.

And no, you were not right in my case, I don't seek outnumbered fights and I don't know anyone who does (small numbers that is), those are forced on me because weaker players exist and can't do anything on their own, like those engis dying to guards. And by outnumbered fights I don't mean 2v3 4v6, I mean 1v3 2v7 and similar. And I always fully expect to die in those situations and if I don't, that's not on me.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Its amazing how solo roaming is dead but they all come crawling out when downed state is mentioned.

Not quite. Many people who have voiced concerns about downstate in WvW play in organised groups and zergs, where actually killing someone who is stacking properly is impossible unless someone makes a mistake.

At the most basic level, downstate is garbage in any situation where there are numerical imbalances. And that applies at any scale. In pvp you can live with it, because when you are fighting 1v2 you know someone in your team should be fighting +1 somewhere else, so at a team level it evens out. In WvW however the numbers are not balanced, so someone has an advantage without any drawback.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

that's also quit blurry written... roaming is half dead bc of all the smallscale ganker groups, roamers cannot fight zergs anymore since warclaw release and dps nerfs, they have about zero effect on a largescale fight (at least alone, a cloud of 20+ is obviously sooner becoming a cloudzerg fyi)

most zergs aren't very organised. they just blob around with 40+ on voice, and not even the "commander" really knows what to do, it's pretty much the by far most common zerg/blob gameplay these days, bc its the easiest and hard to touch, even by strong groups, as size now effectively does matter

and eh, ppl don't kill anything bc they play not the right classes for it, that's more the issue. normally things still die fast in 50v50 bvb fights, but these became extremly rare. ppl don't aim the fight at even numbers, as overnumbers provide now a higher advantage - that's what the "balance" patches brought us, gg anet.

___

i semi agree on downstates beeing bad for some classes. it's again bc anet doesn't give 1 sh#t, not a single one.
they could have easily changed ele downstate, which shouldn't exist alike in Wvw. also thief downstate (it shouldn't be allowed to stealth+port),  then ranger+engi should have pets/bot despawn

__

and spvp has a completely different balancing overall if u didn't notice yet. for some reason anet care there more about not keeping dmg and sustain of selfish classes and builds as OP as it is in Wvw, for example renegades, eles, thieves, rangers, warriors, all are way more easy to kill in spvp balance

On 11/16/2022 at 7:45 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

in all fairness the ranger can control 2 pets, because he can switch pets in downstate. He can use both pets active skills, and both pets can/will use their 3 automated skills. 

Just saying....   

Hate to tell ya frien that you can trigger all 3 mech abilities wayyy faster than having a pet use all skills, swap and use those skills and with the amount of passives on a mech, theres no comparison 🙂

• Like 1