Permastealth thief in my server's Keep right now

Jeydra.4386

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

You know, its possible to agree with something in full, in part or agree on something when you dont agree on something completely different.

But when you cant even agree to what you agree on, it makes for boring arguments.

So you agree it is a skill issue...gotcha.

19 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yes I agree a thief skill issue, gotcha.

Too much skill, indeed.

Dawdler would tell you: all classes have tools to deal with stealth and thief mobility, you just need to get better and deal with it. Listen to him.

Edited by Karagee.6830

42 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Dawdler would tell you: all classes have tools to deal with stealth and thief mobility, you just need to get better and deal with it. Listen to him.

Well... maybe i am dumb.... but... didnt dawdler say the exact opposite!?

He said that there is little you can do besides traps and some revealskills, but even they wont do the job...    The part at the bottom... he is making fun about thief mains...  idk what your even referring to here.... 

Dawdler:

"TL;DR traps and skills barely slow them down, but yeah its basicly the only option. If they are squishy a pull+hard CC from a few peeps might be enough, but if they run defensive gear they might tank through it. And that assumes you can catch them at all, considering the teleports

But no, every other class can be kitten like that but certainly not thief, the worst roamer, worst duelist slowest class to exist according to 10 out of 10 thieves on the forums."

Edited by Sahne.6950

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

He said that there is little you can do besides traps and some revealskills, but even they wont do the job...    The part at the bottom... he is making fun about thief mains...  idk what your even referring to here.... 

Dawdler:

"TL;DR traps and skills barely slow them down, but yeah its basicly the only option. If they are squishy a pull+hard CC from a few peeps might be enough, but if they run defensive gear they might tank through it. And that assumes you can catch them at all, considering the teleports

But no, every other class can be kitten like that but certainly not thief, the worst roamer, worst duelist slowest class to exist according to 10 out of 10 thieves on the forums."

Not worth the time.  I gave up on this one and one other.  🙂

21 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Dawdler:

Yeah, I did say I'd agree with the concept, but Dawdler likes to say it's a skill issue about anything that anyone else has a problem with in the game. Except when he's the one with a problem, evidently. And the thief remarks across threads are now piling up...

40 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Yeah, I did say I'd agree with the concept, but Dawdler likes to say it's a skill issue about anything that anyone else has a problem with in the game. Except when he's the one with a problem, evidently. And the thief remarks across threads are now piling up...

And some say numbers is all that matters despite them for some reason also having the skills to win 1v2, I'm sure it evens out in the end.

Ceterum censeo thief esse delendam.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:42 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Even while under constant marked effect, a thief still has 40% uptime on stealth - or more than most other classes while not marked.

TL;DR traps and skills barely slow them down, but yeah its basicly the only option. If they are squishy a pull+hard CC from a few peeps might be enough, but if they run defensive gear they might tank through it. And that assumes you can catch them at all, considering the teleports.

Personally I still say... delete pistol offhand smokefield.

That one change kitten all thief builds for the better.

But no, every other class can be kitten like that but certainly not thief, the worst roamer, worst duelist slowest class to exist according to 10 out of 10 thieves on the forums.

This is a unfortunate comment showing how little undertanding of how thief works. 

Using smoke field on 2k22 is suboptimal when you can run DE and have more freely stealth uptime w dagger offhand on walls/doors and F2  stealth traited.

12 minutes ago, NotFound.7813 said:

This is a unfortunate comment showing how little undertanding of how thief works. 

Using smoke field on 2k22 is suboptimal when you can run DE and have more freely stealth uptime w dagger offhand on walls/doors and F2  stealth traited.

Ok, yet 9 out of 10 thieves you'll see faffing about are still dagger/pistol daredevils so dont tell me that, tell them.

15 minutes ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Doesn't that kind of narrow you down to where you can be though? 

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

guys guys... lets just remember that this is the guy, that said, that swordweaver is in a good spot for pvp and i just have to learn how to land my cc.

Being not a meta build doesnt mean its complely garbage. You could ask for burst stances to get buffed its fine but saying it needs another cc cuz ur not able to hit your skills when the build already has 3 hard cc at the top of other daze/chill/cripple its just delusional af. 

1 minute ago, NotFound.7813 said:

Being not a meta build doesnt mean its complely garbage. You could ask for burst stances to get buffed its fine but saying it needs another cc cuz ur not able to hit your skills when the build already has 3 hard cc at the top of other daze/chill/cripple its just delusional af. 

and there we have it.

also im pretty sure you mean primordialstance....   knowledge 100.

Edited by Sahne.6950

Saw this coward too. Can kil anyone because he is ranged. And he runs away, if you try to catch him. Real coward. He doesn't really fight you. He takes 10 %, then next 10 %. So should not be fought at all.

And as I said, he will not fight 3 people. He just teleporting away in stealth.

This should be fixed. Cooldowns are too small. All invis skills should be nerfed, In ranged and in cooldown too. So nobody could run away.

It's not fair that someone can catch you from two screens away and also can teleport away for two screens.

In my opinion, all moving skills range must be the same as Guardian has. Range musr be the same as Greatsword Leap. This would be fair.

For now, it's totally unfair to guardians and warriors. Not speaking of the lowest damage these classes have. And they don't have second health bar as necro. So, nerf necro too. Take away this 2nd health. Instead make damage reduction(solely).

And finally. Pls, fix armour rating. It's out of the mind to see that light armor classes are protected better than heavy armor casses. Yes, for real. Heavy armor users should take twice less damage comparing to medium armor. And light armor classes should take twice more damage comparing to medium armor. It's fair. For now, it seems, armor works better for light classes.

19 minutes ago, Farseer.1349 said:

Saw this coward too. Can kil anyone because he is ranged. And he runs away, if you try to catch him. Real coward. He doesn't really fight you. He takes 10 %, then next 10 %. So should not be fought at all.

This should be fixed. Cooldowns are too small. All invis skills should be nerfed, In ranged and in cooldown too. So nobody could run away.

It's not fair that someone can catch you from two screens away and also can teleport away for two screens.

In my opinion, all moving skills range must be the same as Guardian has. Range musr be the same as Greatsword Leap. This would be fair.

For now, it's totally unfair to guardians and warriors. Not speaking of the lowest damage these classes have. And they don't have second health bar as necro. So, nerf necro too. Take away this 2nd health. Instead make damage reduction(solely).

And finally. Pls, fix armour rating. It's out of the mind to see that light armor classes are protected better than heavy armor casses. Yes, for real. Heavy armor users should take twice less damage comparing to medium armor. And light armor classes should take twice more damage comparing to medium armor. It's fair. For now, it seems, armor works better for light classes.

Hey buddy!

welcome to the forums. ❤️

i can totally understand your frustration with this thief, especially if they run some tanky stats they are borderline unkillable.

But i cant fully get behind all of your ideas.  I can atleast somewhat see where your ideas are coming from, especially the light-medium-heavy thingy, didnt make sense to me when i started playing.   But thats just because of balance... i suppose.

Anyway, thats quiet alot of ideas you got there, for 1 single post in a thief QQ thread.

Edited by Sahne.6950

12 minutes ago, Farseer.1349 said:

True.

Not true. Guardians and Warriors can deal a lot of damage, even too much on certain builds and be also tanky af be it against condis, power or both.

Not true. There are a lot of tanky af heavy armor classes as there are light armors, in some scenarios heavy can even outlast light ones by a mile. There's kitten load of reasons for that, like boons, available stats, busted mechanics like superspeed, runes, traits, skills and more.
Going by your logic with "twice less damage if heavy" you should also apply "twice more damage dealt" for ele, since it's lowest armor and lowest health pool in the entire game.

• Like 1