All i wish for Christmas is...

DanAlcedo.3281

7 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Signet of Rage get the passiv effect that Adrenalin doesnt drain ourside of Combat.

This effect should be baseline, not part of any trait or Signet.

Life Force doesn't decay out of combat, so Adrenaline shouldn't decay either.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That would be 10 Christmas Gifts in one.

Well, the 11th Christmas of the game is approaching, so Arenanet could do this change that's worth 10 years of  Christmas presents.

In GW2, Warrior never got any Christmas presents before.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/20/2022 at 10:13 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

This effect should be baseline, not part of any trait or Signet.

Life Force doesn't decay out of combat, so Adrenaline shouldn't decay either.

"Hey, Warrior! The battle is over! Calm yourself!"

"I...CAN'T...I'M EXTREMELY EXCITED AND IT'S HARD FOR ME TO CLIMB DOWN FROM THIS ENERGY!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But pumping Adrenaline doesn't mean being angry, it means being fully ready to jump into action.

We aren't WoW Warriors, who literally are fueled by Rage.

I know, I just couldn't stop myself from the Avengers reference.

Personally, I think Adrenaline is outdated and needs to be scrapped. Give the bursts 3 ammo charges and have them consume all charges on burst use like Dragon's Roar does. Primals would just functionally be a single ammo skill, FC and the three DS variants as well. All the adrenaline gaining skills and traits would just refresh 1-3 ammo with appropriate CDs.

Warrior would instantly become much smoother and more modern overnight if they did that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

"Hey, Warrior! The battle is over! Calm yourself!"

"I...CAN'T...I'M EXTREMELY EXCITED AND IT'S HARD FOR ME TO CLIMB DOWN FROM THIS ENERGY!"

“It’s okay buddy, the bad guys are gone, let’s just calm down.”

*Warrior pants heavily, the strain of resisting the internal drive to endlessly push forward causing veins to grow upon warrior’s forehead*

“That’s it, that’s it, just shake it off”

*Warriors face starts turning red*

”no, no, calm, CALM! There’s no need to endure any more pain.”

*warrior starts shaking*

Warrior: ”FOR GREAT JUSTICE!”

*warriors sprints off and starts attacking people causing a large scale, multi-continent war*

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

“It’s okay buddy, the bad guys are gone, let’s just calm down.”

*Warrior pants heavily, the strain of resisting the internal drive to endlessly push forward causing veins to grow upon warrior’s forehead*

“That’s it, that’s it, just shake it off”

*Warriors face starts turning red*

”no, no, calm, CALM! There’s no need to endure any more pain.”

*warrior starts shaking*

Warrior: ”FOR GREAT JUSTICE!”

*warriors sprints off and starts attacking people causing a large scale, multi-continent war*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'LL KILL THIS WHOLE GAME

• Haha 1

if I may add my five cents: I wish Warrior is a warrior: stand like tower, hit like a truck, hard as rock ;) 

The idea of banners were always pushing me away. What I would like to see is they are removed and shouts take their role.

After using shout skill, some sort of 'aura' is pulsing like with banners, but it moves as you move. With that you are a true leader: inspiring others to do things they wouldn't usually do, to be invincible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

if I may add my five cents: I wish Warrior is a warrior: stand like tower, hit like a truck, hard as rock 😉

The idea of banners were always pushing me away. What I would like to see is they are removed and shouts take their role.

After using shout skill, some sort of 'aura' is pulsing like with banners, but it moves as you move. With that you are a true leader: inspiring others to do things they wouldn't usually do, to be invincible. 

But banners also fit the fantasy: Warfare uses banners both as tactical utilities to identify your specific groups in the army, and also as a visual reminder of what you are fighting for, it's a inspiration.

The problem is their execution, really. Anet is just bad at execution in general.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

But banners also fit the fantasy: Warfare uses banners both as tactical utilities to identify your specific groups in the army, and also as a visual reminder of what you are fighting for, it's a inspiration.

The problem is their execution, really. Anet is just bad at execution in general.

well... for me they don't fit, but hey... i do not play that long ;) maybe then banner should be not dropped on the ground, but rather pull on something, which you can run with... idk

• Like 1

They could of made banners stick in the warriors back while taking damage from nearby allies to themselves while decreasing damage done around them as the banners pulse with flipoverskills like becoming a beefy juggernaut that can support  and be a embodiment of inspiration as they take the mighty hits for their allies without getting knocked down the moment some one sneezes on them 🤧

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

well... for me they don't fit, but hey... i do not play that long 😉 maybe then banner should be not dropped on the ground, but rather pull on something, which you can run with... idk

I'm speaking specifically as a theme. Banners were used in war all the time to both identify your troops, as a rally point, as inspiration, and as a sight to fear. Seeing warbanners while a sea of iron-clad troops march toward you makes you fear those banners as the symbol of war.

It fits Warrior like a glove. The issue with Warrior ( And GW2 as a whole, honestly ), is borne out of execution, not out of theme. Thematically, Warrior is flavorful as hell, and it's one of the main reasons we stick with this class ( and this game ) after at least 7 of 10 years being neglected to a sideclass. And even our moments of glory weren't that fun ( 4 warriors/1 mesmer CoF P3 runs ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

well... for me they don't fit, but hey... i do not play that long ;) maybe then banner should be not dropped on the ground, but rather pull on something, which you can run with... idk

The banners on the ground doesn't fit well, but there is more that could be done to banners. The one version we have simply is the clunkiest option Arenanet could have chosen.

We could have them on our backs, like Blademasters in Warcraft 3. Banners being movable fields would fit fantasy Warriors.

And then you have Kamen Rider Gaim, who uses his flags to hit opponents (which is how banners originally worked, but Arenanet took that away from us).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

I'm speaking specifically as a theme. Banners were used in war all the time to both identify your troops, as a rally point, as inspiration, and as a sight to fear. Seeing warbanners while a sea of iron-clad troops march toward you makes you fear those banners as the symbol of war.

I can agree with that: that really fit to warrior.

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We could have them on our backs, like Blademasters in Warcraft 3, Banners would be movable fields would fit fantasy Warriors.

basically that is what I meant :)

Edited by Zbysier.3425
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the idea of making banners a equippable "kit" that doesn't switch your weapon skills is great. That means you won't be able to use several banners at the same time, which makes people want more Warriors ( always good ), while also allowing for the banner traits to be buffed to better heights. Basically, you equip the banner on yourself, and you become a aura bot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm what if they were to combine both the shouts and banners perhaps🤔 like create a f4 ability for warrior that has the warrior elite Banner  and it becomes a kit. Then from there in the tactics trait line depending on the 3 master traits you could choose your f4 banner to do support healing power boon duration, tankyiness vitality and toughness, then ferocity and power. Depending if a warrior has the banner summoned they can stow it on their back to pulse boons in a smaller radius then when wielding it longer boon duration with a wider radius. Similar to a kit while still being able to use your weapons when the banner is stowed on your back. When wielding the banner the 3 through 5 skills can be on my mark, for great justice, and shake it off( shouts keep ammo, maintain healing power gain and now remove conditions on use via grandmaster trait). Then the  2 skill can be specific abilities tied to the 3 traits either pulsing barrier on use, boost to condition and power damage,  reduce incoming damage for next 6 seconds on a 24 second cooldown. Then the 1 skill can be a charge followed by a banner strike then a Banner slam which the warrior slams the banner down on their opponent without dropping it with a 1 second knockdown. Probably more would need to be thought through with this and after wards. But it could allow for more options to be generated and free up more grandmaster and other trait slots.

• Like 1

What would people's thoughts be on gaining a few pips of Adrenaline while running?

It's not without precedent--a few professions gain things out of combat:

• Necromancers (all varieties) can gain life force by just being nearby something that is killed, they don't even need to be in combat.
  • Mesmers (Virtuoso) gain blades by using clone skills and can stock them up.
  • Guardians (all varieties) gain their virtues by just existing
  • Engineers (Holosmith) can gain heat by just sitting inside forge to supercharge other skills/traits
  • Revenants (all varieties) return to baseline 50 energy outside of combat
  • Rangers (Druids) retain their celestial energy outside of combat

Like, Adrenaline needs a revamp, everyone knows this (I won't get started on them tacking the Flow/Bullet mechanic on top.....), but rather than getting rid of it entirely or removing its decay, it could be altered into something else. 

Basically kind of like getting yourself hyped up while charging into battle so you've already got a bit of Adrenaline to work with rather than starting the fight with an engine colder than a Canadian winter.