Chain CC is crap

Rovaeden.8546

3 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yeah  , you can have that in instances this frustrating mechanics  and new player should avoid this frustartion. . They willfocus on the basic .

No, we can have that throughout the whole game that uses it's own mechanics, because that's exactly how games work. Core content ramps up slowly enough and EoD even re-explains some of the mechanics.

If  people(especially raidres) cannot understand the problem , don't type anything , its very simple

If you click on "respond" while quoting my post, try responding to what you're quoting instead of consistently and irrelevantly repeating "raiders bad!!1". I do understand ""the problem"", the problem being some people not wanting to learn the game they're playing and instead ramm into groups of the mobs blindly because they think they should be able to facetank anything they see/want. Let me know what you have problems with and I'll help you. You saying I shouldn't type anything won't achieve anything -neither you learning the game nor me not typing because you want to pretend you're correct about things you consistently avoid because you know you're actually not. Of course, I encourage you to go back to my previous post and actually respond to its contents. Otherwise there's no reason to quote my posts in the first place just so you can throw in your tired and equally irrelevant "x players bad!".

The goal is to undentifie + fix + bring up to current standards (visible + not stun-locked cc) SO NEW PEOPLE HAVE A EASY LEARNING CURVE , and not use the "toxic casuals coming in the forums and bad naming us"

The screenshot you've posted here doesn't even say anything about "toxic casuals", all it does is pointing out how OP intentionally refuses to get helped and subsequently starts insulting people. What are you even trying to show here? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, we can have that throughout the whole game that uses it's own mechanics, because that's exactly how games work. Core content ramps up slowly enough and EoD even re-explains some of the mechanics.

If you click on "respond" while quoting my post, try responding to what you're quoting instead of consistently and irrelevantly repeating "raiders bad!!1". I do understand ""the problem"", the problem being some people not wanting to learn the game they're playing and instead ramm into groups of the mobs blindly because they think they should be able to facetank anything they see/want. Let me know what you have problems with and I'll help you. You saying I shouldn't type anything won't achieve anything -neither you learning the game nor me not typing because you want to pretend you're correct about things you consistently avoid because you know you're actually not. Of course, I encourage you to go back to my previous post and actually respond to its contents. Otherwise there's no reason to quote my posts in the first place just so you can throw in your tired and equally irrelevant "x players bad!".

The screenshot you've posted here doesn't even say anything about "toxic casuals", all it does is pointing out how OP intentionally refuses to get helped and subsequently starts insulting people. What are you even trying to show here? 🤦‍♂️

Nope we shouldn't have to , because Raiders always whine at the company that new player are taught anything , while in this thread they want o keep a mechanic (cc-chain-death) that isn't teaching anything to new players , but instead cause frustration .

The goal is progression + avoyding old frutrating mechanics . You dont need to kill Soo won to understand it

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Nope we shouldn't have to , because Raiders always whine at the company that new player are taught anything , while in this thread they want o keep a mechanic (cc-chain-death) that isn't teaching anything to new players , but instead cause frustration .

Nope, stop making these random things up. And feel free to go back to my previous post and respont on-topic this time.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yes cc exist to be avoided . getting cc-ed by multiply source 24/7  is bad  .

We teach them to avoid cc and try to fix old content that have perma ccc. Its not so hard

That does sound bad.  But it sounds bad because you're exaggerating.  You aren't getting chain CC'd "24/7" and if you are it is not because the game doesn't provide you with the means to avoid it.  It's because you aren't effective at applying your defenses.  But that's part of the learning process, which is an integral part of any game worth playing.  So, it isn't bad at all.  In fact, it's good!

Part of that learning process is not only being efficient with your dodges (you only have 2 of those, right?), but properly utilizing movement, positioning, and defensive cooldowns, as well as being effective on offense as dead or CC'd enemies can't CC you back!

To provide a specific example of an enemy type that can seem obnoxious due to CC spam, consider the champion hydra in this clip.  Practically everything it does is a CC from its charge, to its breath attack, to the meteorites it drops down from above.  If I tried to dodge every attack, I'd quickly run out of endurance and likely get knocked around while taking a ton of damage.  But notice that if I stay in motion the meteorites don't hit me.  Likewise with the breath and charge attacks, if I continually circle around to the hydra's flank I can usually avoid these attacks without dodging.

Most enemies that spam CC have weaknesses you can exploit like this.  If you fail, you feel a bit like a ragdoll getting tossed around the battlefield.  But that just makes it feel more rewarding when you learn to avoid it.

• Thanks 5

19 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

That does sound bad.  But it sounds bad because you're exaggerating.  You aren't getting chain CC'd "24/7" and if you are it is not because the game doesn't provide you with the means to avoid it.  It's because you aren't effective at applying your defenses.  But that's part of the learning process, which is an integral part of any game worth playing.  So, it isn't bad at all.  In fact, it's good!

Part of that learning process is not only being efficient with your dodges (you only have 2 of those, right?), but properly utilizing movement, positioning, and defensive cooldowns, as well as being effective on offense as dead or CC'd enemies can't CC you back!

To provide a specific example of an enemy type that can seem obnoxious due to CC spam, consider the champion hydra in this clip.  Practically everything it does is a CC from its charge, to its breath attack, to the meteorites it drops down from above.  If I tried to dodge every attack, I'd quickly run out of endurance and likely get knocked around while taking a ton of damage.  But notice that if I stay in motion the meteorites don't hit me.  Likewise with the breath and charge attacks, if I continually circle around to the hydra's flank I can usually avoid these attacks without dodging.

Most enemies that spam CC have weaknesses you can exploit like this.  If you fail, you feel a bit like a ragdoll getting tossed around the battlefield.  But that just makes it feel more rewarding when you learn to avoid it.

If single enemy like hydra does the aoe , its fair game.

If there are areas  the majority of the polupaltion avoid ,or are too old content and there are multiply mobs that does cc, it should be better to indentifie and fix it .

Toughness/getting tanky proposed by prototypedragon.1406 is valid idea in OW  and people getting accustomed and will use them in strikes

(i dont believe more threads will arise about 4k dps or people not learning roations and instead spec as defensivly as posible .. Where should i know what happens next , i havent killed the hardest boss)

• Confused 6

If single enemy like hydra does the aoe , its fair game.

If there are areas  the majority of the polupaltion avoid ,or are too old content and there are multiply mobs that does cc, it should be better to indentifie and fix it .

Toughness/getting tanky proposed by prototypedragon.1406 is valid idea in OW  and people getting accustomed and will use them in strikes

(i dont believe more threads will arise about 4k dps or people not learning roations and instead spec as defensivly as posible .. Where should i know what happens next , i havent killed the hardest boss)

I don't see how you've determined that the majority of the population avoid an area due to CC.  Can you name specific examples of this?

It isn't uncommon for players to use different builds for solo play than they do for group play.  That some players might attempt to use the wrong build for group content is not an argument for making open world easier.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 10:10 AM, Rovaeden.8546 said:

Being Chain CC'd sucks.
CC needs to be strategic, not mindless spam.

This holds true in pve as well as other game modes.

Players should have a defiance bar of their own, smaller of course than a boss but defiance none the less. Perhaps 3 CCs to break.

Either that or Stunbreaks should give a few moments of CC immunity. Popping a stunbreak only to be immediately stunned again by stun-spamming mobs in PVE is stupid beyond reason.

Fix this ANET. There is no reason for there to be so much CC in the PVE game.

CC in PvE is just a mechanic you ignore by bringing a buffer with stab. They're both badly balanced against eachother.

• Confused 2

On 11/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, Rovaeden.8546 said:

you actually have a brain and USE IT to do thinking. It's nice! Refreshing even

On 11/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, Rovaeden.8546 said:

"I'm awesome and you, OP, suck. You come in here with your scrubby little complaints about this, our perfect, flawless game in which we, unlike you are awesome in every way! Please shut up and go away since you are unwilling to blindly worship at the Alter that ArenaNet has graciously provided!"

On 11/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, Rovaeden.8546 said:

I don't now, but it sure would be nice if you ditch the attitude

I'm noticing a trend with pretty much everything you post: everyone who agrees with me is using their brain, and everyone else is a troll or a fanboy. You say ditch the attitude to others while sarcastically commenting that others must not even be engaging in mobs or playing the game because you believe your points are so undeniable. I genuinely think you need to practice some introspection and get a sense of perspective.

People are asking for specific examples because what you have described does not align with most people's experience of the game. There are little to no instances that people can think of where you have no say in the matter because you are completely CC'd. If you pop a stunbreak and get CC'd again, perhaps you should have waited for that second attack to hit before the stunbreak.There is not a single instance in the game I can think of where you're getting booted around in perfect unison so that you are completely stuck. No, the AI is not cheating.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:25 PM, Rovaeden.8546 said:

Hmmm. Why am I dead? I broke all the CC IN THE WORLD but did 0% dps... I can't see what I did wrong.....

When you post things like this, it invalidates your other claims because it shows you don't know what you're talking about. In what world are you doing 0 DPS because your utility skills aren't purely for DPS? This sounds made up. It doesn't align with reality. Your arguments are just not as good as you seem to think they are. You came here to rant and not ever receive any actual advice on whether or not you might be doing something wrong because it must always be the game's fault.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I'm noticing a trend with pretty much everything you post: everyone who agrees with me is using their brain, and everyone else is a troll or a fanboy. You say ditch the attitude to others while sarcastically commenting that others must not even be engaging in mobs or playing the game because you believe your points are so undeniable. I genuinely think you need to practice some introspection and get a sense of perspective.

People are asking for specific examples because what you have described does not align with most people's experience of the game. There are little to no instances that people can think of where you have no say in the matter because you are completely CC'd. If you pop a stunbreak and get CC'd again, perhaps you should have waited for that second attack to hit before the stunbreak.There is not a single instance in the game I can think of where you're getting booted around in perfect unison so that you are completely stuck. No, the AI is not cheating.

When you post things like this, it invalidates your other claims because it shows you don't know what you're talking about. In what world are you doing 0 DPS because your utility skills aren't purely for DPS? This sounds made up. It doesn't align with reality. Your arguments are just not as good as you seem to think they are. You came here to rant and not ever receive any actual advice on whether or not you might be doing something wrong because it must always be the game's fault.

Well he came here telling that he don't like  that is chained cc , while other people tried to either git gud" or "the problem doesnt exist".

The other people forced him to come to this sentiment towards the community

Spoiler

(why i feel the casual side is straghnening  every time ?:P We are arent doing anything to attract them to us . We are here drinking pina colada and our number increases , , xaxaxaxa)

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well he came here telling that he don't like  that is chained cc , while other people tried to either git gud" or "the problem doesnt exist".

The other people forced him to come to this sentiment towards the community

Reveal hidden contents

(why i feel the casual side is straghnening  every time ?:P We are arent doing anything to attract them to us . We are here drinking pina colada and our number increases , , xaxaxaxa)

He has been specifically told how he can improve, but refuses to do it. It's his choice to ignore mechanics of the game, but that's also obviously why this is not the game's problem, but his problem. Your "hidden comment" is also irrelevant to anything as well as simply completely made up (again). "xaxaxa"? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

He has been specifically told how he can improve, but refuses to do it. It's his choice to ignore mechanics of the game, but that's also obviously why this is not the game's problem, but his problem. Your "hidden comment" is also irrelevant to anything as well as simply completely made up (again). "xaxaxa"? 🤦‍♂️

Well you see , when you have many animals that cc , the buffs someimes it will runout soon enought or  have high cd .

And people wont learn anything from beeing stunlocked .

The community should not try to make him the bad guy , because he was not the one who started telling him that the problem exist 😛

Oh well another member in our ranks and we didnt do anything  to attract him

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well you see , when you have many animals that cc , the buffs someimes it will runout soon enought or  have high cd .

What are you even responding to with this?

The game teaches players about the mechanics along the way, not just at one place you don't like so you pretend nothing before that place ever happened.

The community should not try to make his the bad guy

Nobody is making him the bad guy, people offered help and he responded with insults and unwillingness to receive help.

If by "your ranks" you mean limited number of players that choose to ignore game's mechanics just to then blame the game for their unwillingness to perform needed actions then sure. Not sure why you'd be proud of it though or why would that matter for anything. 🤷‍♂️ you're free to keep running directly into a wall without slowing down and then blaming the wall all you want, it's just that most people understandably won't see that as a reasonable complaint.

Edited by Sobx.1758
"I" -> "If"
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The community should not try to make him the bad guy , because he was not the one who started telling him that the problem exist 😛

He came here demanding validation and taking shots at anyone who provided anything less than 100% agreement with his position.  This is not an issue with the community or the game but the person who chose to vent on a forum.  That some people are taking the time to provide advice on how to overcome these scenarios is a testament to the good will of this community.  With the attitude on display here, the correct response is probably to just laugh him off the stage until the thread gets locked.

• Thanks 2

Nobody is making him the bad guy, people offered help and he responded with insults and unwillingness to receive help.

Well if you see a person telling that perma cc is not fun while he faces groups of mobs  , and the response is "git good" , then that OP is right for getting angry to the  others .

Thank you very much for your contribution in our ranks 😛

• Confused 2

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well if you see a person telling that perma cc is not fun while he faces groups of mobs  , and the response is "git good" , then that person is right .

If the only answer you will accept is that the game should change for you and that everyone else must agree with that position or they're part of the problem, then I'd say we're better off without you, honestly.  Of course, I seriously doubt the magnitude of this "problem" is such that you or anyone else would quit the game over it.  The OP is just ranting about a minor annoyance, which makes it seem as if it's a much bigger problem from his perspective than it really is.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Once again the screenshot doesn't show what you claim it does. If it's not intentional on your part then apparently you seriously have some trouble with understanding what you read. Oh well.

30 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If by "your ranks" you mean limited number of players that choose to ignore game's mechanics just to then blame the game for their unwillingness to perform needed actions then sure. Not sure why you'd be proud of it though or why would that matter for anything. 🤷‍♂️ you're free to keep running directly into a wall without slowing down and then blaming the wall all you want, it's just that most people understandably won't see that as a reasonable complaint.

Edited by Sobx.1758
"I" -> "If"
  • Confused 1

Once again the screenshot doesn't show what you claim it does. If it's not intentional on your part then apparently you seriously have some trouble with understanding what you read. Oh well.

I by "your ranks" you mean limited number of players that choose to ignore game's mechanics just to then blame the game for their unwillingness to perform needed actions then sure. Not sure why you'd be proud of it though or why would that matter for anything. 🤷‍♂️ you're free to keep running directly into a wall without slowing down and then blaming the wall all you want, it's just that most people understandably won't see that as a reasonable complaint.

Thank you for bolstering our ranks

• Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Thank you for bolstering our ranks

No problem, have fun running into a wall and then blaming it for not moving away intentionally ignoring game's mechanics and then blaming them for existing.

(other than that... "bolstering your ranks"? What is this even supposed to mean here? 🤦‍♂️)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1