Rifle feels bad to use

lavasea.8719

The changes to the rifle animation make so bad to use that I want to change specs or classes, I thought my game was bugged when I started playing before I remembered there was a patch.

I just stopped playing the moment I realized this was because of the update and not because I lacked quickness. It just feels that bad to use.

I hope you can quickly change the rifle animation back, keep the nerf but have the animation remain the previous one.

Edited by lavasea.8719
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Holly.8190 said:

I would have to disagree, I thought the 3 round burst looked ridiculous. Was way to fast and made it look like my engi was giving herself neck problems. this feels more controlled and way smoother. But then I liked the old hip shot so 🤷‍♀️

The three round burst animation looked better imo. But I can deal with it and adapt because it still looks better than the old rifle animation which made me not like rifle at all. I hated the hip fire for everything one. Made the engi look untrained and unprofessional. And even if engi's are jack of all trade basically with the tech. They would still know how to properly shoot a gun.

• Like 3

I only ever use the rifle auto in open world anyway, the old animation actually made me stop using it (went to Hammer Scrapper instead). I have heard that the new version is less dps then even hip shot and if that's true then yeah buff the numbers but i am actually looking forward to using engi rifle again(except for the leap, can't get over how silly that looks).

1 minute ago, Holly.8190 said:

I only ever use the rifle auto in open world anyway, the old animation actually made me stop using it (went to Hammer Scrapper instead). I have heard that the new version is less dps then even hip shot and if that's true then yeah buff the numbers but i am actually looking forward to using engi rifle again(except for the leap, can't get over how silly that looks).

It was nerfed in WvW and PvP only because they didn't compensate their for loss of extra bullet. In PvE, numbers should still be the same.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holly.8190 said:

The numbers ARE waaaaaayyyy lower than the hipshot, but the animation is... something. I actually agree with you that the three-round-burst animation wasn't particularly my favourite, but it.. suited the skill they turned it into, if that makes sense. It flowed, as ridiculous as it looked.

Now it 'flows' about as well as a root canal without anesthesia. It looks horribly jank and as though some unpaid intern that didn't have any training under a mentor was given the task of, "Oh. We're changing this to fire two rounds instead of three. Do as little as you can to represent that change."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

It was nerfed in WvW and PvP only because they didn't compensate their for loss of extra bullet. In PvE, numbers should still be the same.

Maybe its cos I am not a Mechanist player but in that case I don't see the problem from a PVE perspective. In Raids and Fractals Holo and Scrapper never used the rifle auto anyway even with the 3 round version, grenades were just better and in open world if I am auto attacking it normally means I am semi afk doing metas. Do need to fix it in WvW and PvP, Cant half a damp squib cos someone forgot to carry the 1.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Holly.8190 said:

Maybe its cos I am not a Mechanist player but in that case I don't see the problem from a PVE perspective. In Raids and Fractals Holo and Scrapper never used the rifle auto anyway even with the 3 round version, grenades were just better and in open world if I am auto attacking it normally means I am semi afk doing metas. Do need to fix it in WvW and PvP, Cant half a damp squib cos someone forgot to carry the 1.

From the PvE side, things should be pretty much neutral for mechanist, so really there isn't much of a problem number wise. It is more or less learning to deal with a janky Ai pet now which can get annoying at times and always seeing the other mechs buff zones causing "fun" chaos. The rifle change I can adapt to as well over time. I still think it looks slightly off, but I can cope with it.

As for  PvP/WvW side, I don't know if that was their intention or not to nerf the rifle. I have no clue if it was over performing, and they wanted to stop it. Or, they just weren't thinking and said this looks good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Excursion.9752 said:

I am having a hard time with the new rifle. Feels off.... I feel like my character is broke. Bring back the old 3 shot with less damage please.

Yeah, I would rather deal with the jankiness then less damage. Pmech is already low end of damage. It doesn't need damage nerfs anymore. Numbers matter more here for endgame. Jank you can overcome easy with time and practice.

49 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Yeah, I would rather deal with the jankiness then less damage. Pmech is already low end of damage. It doesn't need damage nerfs anymore. Numbers matter more here for endgame. Jank you can overcome easy with time and practice.

i was referring to the damage we have now with the animation that we used to have

4 hours ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Why not play power Mechanist with a mace?

Honest answer is I hate the kitten mace. I think it is a dumb weapon, and I am also not a fan of melee weapons. Yes, I know boon ranges and 450 and all that with rifle. But it matters to me that I am using the rifle more like a gun or shotgun which I enjoy a lot over a melee weapon which I don't care for. Yes, I don't like the new Janky two shot, but I can adapt to it because the damage is the same which matters more and effects more things. Animations are important don't get me wrong, but they are not that important to where a nerf will take place to get back the old animations. I am talking PvE here mind you. PvP/WvW is another matter altogether with the changes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Feels like crap. Especially the delay before it fires its first shot. This makes it extra obnoxious when enemies move behind you or break LoS for a moment.

The delay and less projectiles means less opportunity to tag mobs and less cleave damage. It's a huge nerf in real word scenarios.

• Like 2

I don't mind the change to the bot etc. I do mind this weird burst fire animation on the rifle. It wasn't much before, but I could enjoy it... Now it's not even that haha. "FIRE!"......BLAM....BLAM?.... Like the second shot is an accident or something hahahahaha. 

Not good.

2 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

The animation feels like it's lagging and stopping now, it's very off. 

You have the best definition of how bad the new animation is. Yesterday on fractals i got the impression i was lagging! I even looked at how my ping was a few times

Edited by Nakasz.5471
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1