Alacrity Vindicator?

HorvathKirnerAkos.6205

Dear Revenant Mains,

Players usually run Renegade as a pure condition dps and Power Herald benches higher than Power Vindicator.

Should Anet rework Vassals of the Empire to give Alacrity on dodges?

At least we could use Vindicator as a Power Alacrity or Heal Alacrity based on the legend.

Any feedback is appreciated, have a nice day!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I don't see much point. Vindicator is not a easy pick to make for PvE, since is way harder to play than dps specs as Rifle Mech, double staff condi Mirage or condi Renegade, and as a healer/support, is more clunky than a Firebrand which already is losing real state vs other healers with more convenient gameplay. Also, as very little ranged damage, which means that in instanced content which demands to move away, your dps loses are huge. Really, is nothing special, and I don't think that would replace current top alacrity choices (where Renegade isn't even meta).

• Confused 3

12 hours ago, HorvathKirnerAkos.6205 said:

Dear Revenant Mains,

Players usually run Renegade as a pure condition dps and Power Herald benches higher than Power Vindicator.

Should Anet rework Vassals of the Empire to give Alacrity on dodges?

At least we could use Vindicator as a Power Alacrity or Heal Alacrity based on the legend.

Any feedback is appreciated, have a nice day!

PVE ONLY

Yes, they should allow it to spec into Alacrity to make St. Viktor actually interesting in PvE

make Alacrity duration scale off of Healing Power (I.e. a trait that would apply more Alacrity with higher amounts of Healing Power, or something similar) and it would be easily balanceable so that only a dedicated Heal Vindicator could run. It would not step on the toes of Renegade that way (Renegade would still be the better hybrid Alac and still have a playable heal Alac build as well) and heal Alac Vindi would still have a niche

but this is too logical a solution so will not happen 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I'd rather they add a third boon for classes to take instead of just copying Alacrity and Quickness all over everything. Once two subclasses have the same boon it becomes kind of redundant (see Mesmer).

The only class that really needs Alac at this point is Necro.

Renegade does need its required boon duration severely cut back, 80%+ is just way too much for offensive builds and its why DPS Alac Rene basically doesn't exist in the meta.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

Given that Arenanet seems to be trying really hard to make every revenant elite support, while Kalla's healing has been nerfed such that renegade healer is no longer really viable, then making alacheal vindicator a thing in PvE would be logical. Triggering off dodges would make sense since then the alac source would be something that is not itself directly affected by alacrity.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't even join strike or raids as a Healer Vind because I don't come packed with quick or alac. I get the instant "kick" with no word from the leader.

If this is how people are going to play, where 2 boons are mandatory, then anet has done something wrong. I'm a healer and not even wanted. Just the boons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2022 at 4:28 AM, Nightstorm.8024 said:

I can't even join strike or raids as a Healer Vind because I don't come packed with quick or alac. I get the instant "kick" with no word from the leader.

If this is how people are going to play, where 2 boons are mandatory, then anet has done something wrong. I'm a healer and not even wanted. Just the boons. 

Healers are wanted, but the healer providing quickness or alacrity provides so much more value in PvE than having a healer, an alac provider, and a quickness provider that a healer that doesn't have either just can't compete.

If vindicator is supposed to be able to fill that role, it really needs one of the boons - and heal herald already handles quickness well enough.