spellbreaker op

Eddie.9143

Well the problem is not full counter+adrenal health+mending. The exactly problem is adrenal health+mending+defence Banner 

Just think about it:

Mending = 20 sek cd/6.5k heal/5 condi cleanes/3 sek protection

adrenal heal = more or less 350 heal per second

defence Banner = 3412 barrier/5 sec aegis/130 heal per second  regeneration

This heals alone are pretty crazy cause its litterly adrenal health + a "worse" heal Signet (defence banner regen)+ mending

Then you just get full counter+shield block+endurepain as Power defence and Mending + "shake it off!" + cleansing Ire against conditions.

I mean the Build itself just screams im defence. But at all I would still not call it OP. Don't get me wrong its just a strong build. But as every warr build it gets its counter play sides just as kite, ranged builds ,blinds and stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

just poking in to say that resistance after dodge means blind is worth nothing.

That's not true... it's a strong mechanic for sure, but it doesn't mean blinds are worthless. If you blind me, you force me to spend a dodge to get 2.5s of resistance to counteract a blind that lasts 5s. You'll still get me on the back end with the blind, and when I'm dodging, I'm not attacking you, AND it declares to anybody watching that I'm going to have resistance now and that I won't actively be blinded (i.e. you shouldn't be counting on that blind to stop an attack when I come out of my dodge roll).

Again, resilient roll is really strong. No denying. But it isn't perma resistance and it doesn't mean you'll never be blinded, chilled, weakness, etc (trust me...I speak from experience).

• Like 1

Its just a problem on spellbreaker. Spellbreaker had always been good its just wasn't commonly played since POF because daredevil caused it issues then EOD came out and Harbinger wrecked it, then untamed buffs came and untamed could outdo it, then vindicator, then catalyst.

Then defense was buffed which boosted warriors some but made spellbreaker which was already at the point of being meta due to recent eod nerfs to being so over the top that even bad spellbreakers were handling mAT winners and giving themselves the false presumption that they can finally showcase their skill. And as usual, there is a steadily growing influx of spellbreake players to revel in the easy power.

The biggest problems of defense spellbreaker being the high access to resistance (not only through simply dodging, but in addition to) to ignore a lot of class mechanics, full counter to ignore even more class mechanics, along with very high sustain coupled with high burst damage, boon removal, varying mobility skills and low vulnerability windows between lots of CC, evades and blocks. This leads to the conundrjm of spellbreaker being impossible to contest without a dedicated, very fast, ranged build to which you wont be able to output enough dps to kill while not being able to withstand any counterpressure to try to commit to a kill. Spellbreaker already could easily kite around 3 attackers at even a moderate skill level now its an absolute joke.

Its a lot of power and the warrior players are going to cling to it for dear life as anyone would when their prefered class is clearly overperforming. Obviously its going to be nerfed but the other warriors will most likely take collateral damage and put warrior in an even worse position than before the buffs... as is tradition in this game. There are other problematic issues with all the classes really, but this does make its way to a priority status. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

it's a strong mechanic for sure, but it doesn't mean blinds are worthless. If you blind me, you force me to spend a dodge

If you fight the Condibreaker.. they are uselss...   i am playing a build that uses allot of immobs and they are completly wortless aswell....        

Also dont pretend like your factanking eveerything and dont have resistance cuz of that, but for this one specific blind... you HAVE to burn your dodge all of a sudden...     Play normally and your almost at 100% resistance sadly.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

It should be absolute 1v1 monster

did you fight the new condibreaker? 😄  

its not a monster... its a slug.... a slug that wont die.   It literally tickles you to death over the course of 5 minutes and you inevitably loose your 2v2 xD 

If you meet two of those, you can literally go afk because there is nothing you can do currently.  no cap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

did you fight the new condibreaker? 😄  

its not a monster... its a slug.... a slug that wont die.   It literally tickles you to death over the course of 5 minutes and you inevitably loose your 2v2 xD 

If you meet two of those, you can literally go afk because there is nothing you can do currently.  no cap.

Bring a decapper with sustain and you already have won. Preventing someone for 5 minutes from cap is a win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Bring a decapper with sustain and you already have won. Preventing someone for 5 minutes from cap is a win. 

Did you fight the new condibreaker yet? I cant do ANYTHING against it whatsoever xD

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Yes, there is nothing really new about it. It's just worse Shoutbow. Better at sustaining himself, but with less stuff to give for team.

idk i was fighting the dude that also made it popular in lats MAT.... this dude could literally facetank 4 people....

this guy is a beast.....  but the build is also very easy allowing almost anyone playing it to turn into a raidboss on the first time playing it. 

For how easy it is, its crazy effective.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

idk i was fighting the dude that also made it popular in lats MAT.... this dude could literally facetank 4 people....

this guy is a beast.....  but the build is also very easy allowing almost anyone playing it to turn into a raidboss on the first time playing it. 

For how easy it is, its crazy effective.

It's build that has no stability outside of Fullcounter and you can just corrupt Resistance.

I may be a bit biased, as I tend to play good old Druid lately with healing Amulet and to run with Wildness Survival at same time, so for me it's like running in circles and cleansing and healing myself matchup 😎

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

It's build that has no stability outside of Fullcounter and you can just corrupt Resistance.

I may be a bit biased, as I tend to play good old Druid lately with healing Amulet and to run with Wildness Survival at same time, so for me it's like running in circles and cleansing and healing myself matchup 😎

Idk what to tell you.....  ever seen a build rise from "nonexistance" to  "its everywhere and meta on every website within 3 days"....

THATS how good it currently is.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Sahne.6950 juuust basicly old condi weaver 2.0 but instead of a ele its just a warr xD. 

Okay fair point its just an hard to kill build if you play it right. But im pretty sure it is only unkillable for other tanky builds cause both deal low dmg while the warr itself just do at least a bit xd.

nah man... this thing was tearing apart last MAT... stop the cap guys XD

I have no clue about war.. ill admit it... but i have fought the guy that made it popular..... and being on the receiving end... doesnt feel nice...  

I met him in WvW later and he was literally winning a 1v7 openfield.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

nah man... this thing was tearing apart last MAT... stop the cap guys XD

So we got balance patch, meta is changing 

Meanwhile meta will shake and build will find its own counters. Thats typical cycle of balance.

Not sure if you was around pre HoT, but similar build was played in Celestial meta, but on top of that with pre-nerf Signet having even more sustain. Winning World Championship on top of that.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Meanwhile meta will shake and build will find its own counters. Thats typical cycle of balance.

They will nerf Core warrior to the ground because Espec is crazy tanky.....   Thats typical cycle of balance. :C

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

@Sahne.6950 well i just don't saw the last MAT xD. Also didn't play pvp for just about 3 weeks now xd. But I surely saw the build. Just to me its simply a troll build. Low dps but kitten hard to kill thx to weakness spam+high vitality and 3 healing sources + many condi cleanes+ some Power dps defence. Juuust surely hard to kill and thx to how actually hard cdps Hits it does some gud dmg for beeing full tank xd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Sahne.6950 well i just don't saw the last MAT xD. Also didn't play pvp for just about 3 weeks now xd. But I surely saw the build. Just to me its simply a troll build. Low dps but kitten hard to kill thx to weakness spam+high vitality and 3 healing sources + many condi cleanes+ some Power dps defence. Juuust surely hard to kill and thx to how actually hard cdps Hits it does some gud dmg for beeing full tank xd.

i can ensure you, that this build isnt a trollbuild, Its literally the strongest duellist out there currently, and that by a mile. It was tearing apart the MAT, got added as "meta" everywhere and every clown is playing it in 2v2 currently.    Toolsholo is a joke compared to this.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

They will nerf Core warrior to the ground because of this.....   Thats typical cycle of Anet balance. :C

Why? Condi Necro should hard counter it hands down without any effort, due to both up to 4 condi transfers and loads of cleansing and boon corruption. On top of that Toughness is totaly useless vs conditions and sustain based builds love perma poison.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Why? Condi Necro should hard counter it hands down without any effort, due to both up to 4 condi transfers and loads of cleansing and boon corruption. On top of that Toughness is totaly useless vs conditions and sustain based builds love perma poison.

if you think you can beat it.... Good for you...

People in MAT couldnt beat it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1