What spec for solo roaming?

Gatsby.7420

I've seen all 3 in WvW for raoming and they all do well.  It will just depend on your playstyle and what you like.  Druids can be the toughest to kill, Soulbeast has the best evades and gimmicks, while Untamed involves pet commands into your rotation making it slightly trickier to play.

Soulbeast is my WvW roamer.  I tried Untamed but I just couldn't fall in love with it.  Nothing against the class: I didn't enjoy playing it.  Seemed more oriented for small squad support/DPSer than a solo roamer, but that's my take.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jake Orion.2049 said:

I've seen all 3 in WvW for raoming and they all do well.  It will just depend on your playstyle and what you like.  Druids can be the toughest to kill, Soulbeast has the best evades and gimmicks, while Untamed involves pet commands into your rotation making it slightly trickier to play.

Soulbeast is my WvW roamer.  I tried Untamed but I just couldn't fall in love with it.  Nothing against the class: I didn't enjoy playing it.  Seemed more oriented for small squad support/DPSer than a solo roamer, but that's my take.

Untamed is way more potent as solo roamer than soul beast ( soul beast is a bit off a one trick pony )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Soulbeast. On demand soft and hard cc immunity (dolyak stance - an absolute life saver when getting ganked), good mobility without having to give up ranged dmg, good synergy with cele gear (not running cele is a handicap in itself), does not have to worry about pets dieing.

Both druid and untamed are more susceptible to cc and immob and therefore have a harder time surviving when getting ganked/outnumbered. They are also more reliant on pets, which can die easily and they have less mobility options aviable.

• Like 3

I would recommend gearing them all. 

Nothing is better than being able to change Build on the fly when you are struggling. Go for Druid first then Soulbeast then Untamed. 

In terms of there uses I can detail how I use them. 

Druid

By far the highest survivability and has a great escape with Staff 3. It can not be overstated how mobile you can make Druid as a pose to the other two elites. If you are following a Zerg and Dueling around it, Druid is a must. The real problem with Druid is trying to do Damage, the only real synergy is with bleeds which can be unreliable vs Support builds. 

Soulbeast 

Has the widest usage, it can be a great sniper with Longbow Barrage giving it the ability to pierce though shields and hit Zergs. While Greatsword can provide a silly amount of burst if you start off in stealth.

Untamed

This I a hidden gem, what it lacks in pure numbers makes up for in engagement potential. The Pet and personal teleport can bring a scary amount of Damage when poking a small group. On many occasions I have been able to down multiple people by busting through there front lines. Most of the super speed applications last long enough to get away aswell. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As said before, all can be good but depending on you play style or the environment (is enemy are another solo roamers or ganking squads or zergs….)

Druid: medium damage high survability. High mobility and the extra stealth and re sustain potential of CA. (Condi Druid can be almost inmortal, if you cannt kill you almost always can scape) good against ganking squads. 

SoulBeast high damage medium survability. High constant damage with burst potential and potential super high mobility to scale of things go sour. Probably the best dueler from all three agains other single roamers.

Untamed really high damage (potential one shot burst) mid-low survability…. It need lots of micro managing and well used us pretty survival even outnumbered but it’s harder to play than the previous ones. High risk high reward, well played can be outshine the other two but it’s harder to master. 

Edited by ApaWanka.2698
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tbh If you arent going condi I wouldnt go Druid (I co-main DPS Druid Staff/LB). Been playing druid since HoT dropped (fell in love with it and scrapper initially). Druid has a Higher risk, mid/low reward imo. Soulbeast is still insane for damage and survivability due to all the boons and Untamed has defensive capabilities like projectile hate (fart cloud) and can teleport.

I personally couldnt get into any of the other 2 elite specs so stayed with Druid. The change to condi cleanse on CA transformation did hurt a lot however not enough to get me to stop 🙂

• Like 1

Druid has the best kiting ability and stealth access, but is the one most likely to be counter-CC'd or stalemated due to low damage.

Soulbeast has the highest power spikes and decent mobility, however sustain outside of Dolyak Stance is lacking and stealth access can be tough compared with Druid.

Untamed has the best sustain, but is average in damage and below average in mobility.  It really is a group spec at heart and was specifically made for sPvP which is a group-fight mode.