Reasonable nerf to all invis skills

Farseer.1349

The most reasonable nerf to invi, or at least a start, would be to make performing any action reveal you and not when hitting, since several times it comes out that I dodged something invisible, well anet, even if you miss the attack you don't reveal yourself, accompanied by marking certain abilities as stealth abilities that don't reveal you when using them.

The invisibility in this game stacks too many advantages and no disadvantages to be so spamable, to that added that you can stack a lot of mobility with invisibility and even more so that it always guarantees an impact because you have to hit with an ability to be revealed, it simply has many bad things.

• Like 2

I think what most whiners need to consider before asking for nerfs to anything is.
1 Are builds using X mechanic I want nerfed OP?
If Yes I can whine.
If No, I can whine but there has to be compensation for the nerf elsewhere.
But in gw2 its just whine. there is no compensation, and 90% of the playerbase has US against THEM mentality.
You will whine about stealth but you dont give a kitten, you play Y class that doesnt use it, if class ends up kitten its, ehh sucks to be them hehe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Shinja.3451 said:

The most reasonable nerf to invi, or at least a start, would be to make performing any action reveal you and not when hitting, since several times it comes out that I dodged something invisible, well anet, even if you miss the attack you don't reveal yourself, accompanied by marking certain abilities as stealth abilities that don't reveal you when using them.

It's baffling how someone playing this game for more than like... 12 hours thinks reveal on ANY action is a reasonable design choice for this combat system. Just listing a few things from the long list of "ANY action": blasting a smokefield, using steal on the enemy, dodgeing... or pressing a button that would make your character perform a stealth attack(Those things get interrupted by reveal you see).

Existence is pain.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

It's baffling how someone playing this game for more than like... 12 hours thinks reveal on ANY action is a reasonable design choice for this combat system. Just listing a few things from the long list of "ANY action": blasting a smokefield, using steal on the enemy, dodgeing... or pressing a button that would make your character perform a stealth attack(Those things get interrupted by reveal you see).

Existence is pain.

If abc action affects enemy, then yes, you should get instantly revealed by it, period. Like smokefield + HS + steal shouldn't give any stealth at all in the first place, since you damage enemy. Failing a stealth attack should also reveal, it's not Skyrim kitten.
If stealth is so "useless" why so many people use it and defend it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 12/23/2022 at 7:45 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Personally I just want to see a damage floater if I hit them in stealth with a melee weapon. I think I would know if a weapon met flesh even if that flesh were invisible. But then a lot of that desire comes from playing with hearing loss and being unable to hear the apparent audio cues that are there /shrug.

The only way to know rn is if you use a skill that activates a buff. Such as Fury on stun for Rev.

6 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Because two of the classes are built around it, and one of those two has 10k HP base and no other reasonably mitigative tools. The people that play the classes, thief in particular, understand how integral it is to survival. The people that don't wouldn't be here with those suggestions if they decided to try commiting to being effective with them. 

Also, the people whining the hardest about them also seem to hate when these classes get builds that are tanky/evasive instead of stealthy, but never seem to have any suggestions that acknowledge the class should be allowed to do something besides die in competitive and that seek to accomplish that.

They'll never get what they want if they don't look for a solution that isn't just a way to shift their frustration with stealth onto anyone that plays Thief/Mes. Until people start actually thinking about what stealth based classes need to live if you remove the stealth, r.i.p in object permanence. 

The only way to know rn is if you use a skill that activates a buff. Such as Fury on stun for Rev.

Or if your skill is a flipover. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

6 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Or if your skill is a flipover. 

Or adrenaline gain, or might gain on crit. But those are centered on my avatar, not where the stealthed character is. To be clear all I want is to see a floater to pop up when I get them where I hit them. I don't want it to move with them, nor do I want condi ticks to show, because that really would defeat the purpose of stealth.

And again, this particular desire of mine stems more from playing with hearing loss and not being able to hear the subtle audio clues that are there that are often drowned out by the sounds of other people fighting as well. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Why would you waste your breath on defending something that's already useless? You guys want to make it useless, but we're not quite there yet.

But alas, that's not anyone making such suggestions would even consider. Oh thief would be unplayable? Who cares!
These people do not care about balance, they just want the parts they dislike to be removed. I kind of understand where they are coming from, after all mommy removed the olives from their pizza when they whinged about it... but it's not going to work here.

• Haha 1