Up the Rewards for Instanced Content

Mell.4873

When people can cheese tournaments and trade wins in PvP to get lots of Gold, why don't we incentivize Instance Content with more rewards.

A Daily would be an amazing start rather than being forced to WvW or PvP for it. With this a Weekly like with Strikes would help CM content or just Raids be something people regularly do.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You mean daily fractals and daily strikes? Those exist. The only thing that doesn't exist is daily raids.

Raids already had rewards upped (CM has an added 2 gold and unids as of this year), the issue is the harder ones don't reward more than easy ones.

I more meant the Dailies that give you the 2 gold each day. Fractals can stay the same but at least a EoD Strikes, or Raids could contribute the normal Daily, one of either can complete the whole daily.

I mean right now when I'm not in the mood to play GW2 I just login win one PvP and leave. It would be fun if it's a Raid/Strike instead; break up the monotony.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You mean daily fractals and daily strikes? Those exist. The only thing that doesn't exist is daily raids.

Raids already had rewards upped (CM has an added 2 gold and unids as of this year), the issue is the harder ones don't reward more than easy ones.

This is the problem with all instanced content in a nutshell. Every single type of instanced content gives nearly the same rewards for difficult missions as they do for the easy ones. Though, the problem is most noticeable in dungeons, which range from "roll your head on the keyboard" easy in Ascalon Catacombs to "the whole party getting oneshot" in Arah, only to receive the same junk.

This problem has resurfaced recently with Old Lion's Court, which is several times more difficult than any other strike (except Harvest Temple), yet .. oh look, junk again.

The developers really need to keep metrics on completion rates and times for instanced content, and balance the rewards respectively instead of making it all the same.

There's also a few other changes that could be made:

- Daily Fractals, strikes, etc. could count towards the open-world (OW) daily for 2g.

- Daily dungeons should be moved out of OW dailies (where they're rare), and put in their own category.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

Its not the rewards what is missing, its a new instanced content itself (still waitting for a new fractal or a raid wing......)

To add to that other mmos have entire new expansions (yes several or at least one) out with new raids, dungeons and new maps meanwhile we manage to get maybe 1 or 2 new boss fights in the same period of time. And not even a new map.. no new story either, sure you can pretend that recycled lws1 is a "new" content but there are plenty of people out there who are upset about this regardless and think otherwise.

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

When people can cheese tournaments and trade wins in PvP to get lots of Gold, why don't we incentivize Instance Content with more rewards.

Probably because upping the rewards in instanced content doesn't solve those issues AND how did you conclude we need more incentive to do instanced content in the first place?

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Probably because upping the rewards in instanced content doesn't solve those issues AND how did you conclude we need more incentive to do instanced content in the first place?

Raids (and Dragon Response Missions) have the lowest gold per hour, at roughly 10 gold per hour. 

Strikes and Fractals are better but that is because they have dailies and a reason to go back to them. 

Mostly I just want a Raid weekly. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Raids (and Dragon Response Missions) have the lowest gold per hour, at roughly 10 gold per hour. 

Strikes and Fractals are better but that is because they have dailies and a reason to go back to them. 

Mostly I just want a Raid weekly. 

That is true, but raids having the lowest gph isn't actually a reason to boost rewards on raids. Nor does it have anything to do with the problems of people wintrading PVP, if that's actually a problem related to how people earn gold to begin with. 

I mean, you want a Raid weekly ... what does that have to the rewards it gives? Why is 10gph a barrier to 'a raid per week' if there is certainly, there are enough people doing raids in this game to connect with to do what you want?

So ... what is the REAL reason you want raid rewards increased? It's certainly not "PVP cheaters' or "can't find people to team with". 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yes but better, if that buff could be carried across into other game modes maybe that could be worth it. 

Do the weekly raid and you get double exp and gold for that week. 

If I undersatnd it correctly... that sounds ridiculous. As in broken.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Have you ever considered WVW and PVP players don't want to PVE?

Have you considered that people who like PvE are forced to play WvW and PvP for the daily due to taking less time.

I mean I'm gold 3 through one-three matches a day alone.

• Confused 4

50 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Have you considered that people who like PvE are forced to play WvW and PvP for the daily due to taking less time.

There are PVE players that don't PVP/WVW , and I'd venture a guess to say that most players in the game make up that portion.
In addition, there are daily JP ports and easy PVE dailies such as vista or mining ores so you don't really have a point there.

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

There are PVE players that don't PVP/WVW , and I'd venture a guess to say that most players in the game make up that portion.
In addition, there are daily JP ports and easy PVE dailies such as vista or mining ores so you don't really have a point there.

Sometimes other times it can take forever depending on what they give us. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

Sometimes other times it can take forever depending on what they give us. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)

----

None of those "take forever".  Today it was lumberer, Jormag boss,  and Desert Highlands Bounty.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)

----

None of those "take forever".  Today it was lumberer, Jormag boss,  and Desert Highlands Bounty.

Well you have to wait for somethings or group for a bounty ect. 

Normally if I'm extra lazy I do one PvP then a Vista or Gathering Daily

Tbh raid rewards could use some boosting. If you have a good group and do CMs without wiping, they can be somewhat worth doing compared to open-world farming but considering that it takes some time to form the groups (unless you have a static) and LFG squads do wipe at bosses if people don't pay attention, it is way more worth it to do open-world stuff and fractal dailies if you've already farmed legendary armors and Coalescence from raids.

This is in fact the reason why Kitty had to stop raiding to be way more efficient in farming some very cost-intensive stuffs (Read: legendary weapons). And to make things worse, even the magnetite shards are kinda pointless if you're farming legendary gears as in current economy, the mats you get from clover rolling are usually worth more than the 1 ecto+MC you'd save by buying with raid/strike shards.

So, tl;dr raids need to reward more gold and Magnetite Shards+LIs need some new uses so they'd be worth doing after finishing raid-related legendary gears.

E: And to be clear, Kitty's currently making about 30g/hr from fractal dailies (CMs+T4s) and 20-30g/hour from crafting legendary weapons to sell while even in best case, she could make max. average 20g/hr from doing some raiding if doing the wing with Call of the Mists and CMs in W1-4 clear. (W5-7 take longer due to longer encounters and all the RP dialogue and increased difficulty but rewards are same as easier raids but lower than non-CM KO which is easy and HT). 

Edited by LadyKitty.6120
Clarifications

23 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

That doesn't make sense ... you aren't 'forced' into any specific activity  just because of a time difference between them. 

I mean, what is your argument here? That Anet needs to boost raid rewards because raids take more time than other things? You realize that if time is your limitation as a player and prevents you from completing a raid, that boosting raid rewards doesn't fix that right?

These statements you are making seem very randomly made and unrelated to the topic of boosting raid rewards. WvW and PVP taking less time to do is certainly not a reason to boost raid rewards. How do you not understand that the reward structures for various activities aren't JUST a function of the time it takes to do them?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but pve players are never forced as you say to do that.

I guess that is true, I know most people play PvP because its less effort even if it really isn't so bad to do the Map dailies.

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense ... you aren't 'forced' into any specific activity  just because of a time difference between them. 

I mean, what is your argument here? That Anet needs to boost raid rewards because raids take more time than other things? You realize that if time is your limitation as a player and prevents you from completing a raid, that boosting raid rewards doesn't fix that right?

These statements you are making seem very randomly made and unrelated to the topic of boosting raid rewards. WvW and PVP taking less time to do is certainly not a reason to boost raid rewards. How do you not understand that the reward structures for various activities aren't JUST a function of the time it takes to do them?

I'm really just asking for more options for Dailies. This is by far the best way to balance PvE/PvP content since it doesn't make any one content better gold per hour.

Everyone can get the Daily why not let people get with the content they want to play.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, LadyKitty.6120 said:

So, tl;dr raids need to reward more gold and Magnetite Shards+LIs need some new uses so they'd be worth doing after finishing raid-related legendary gears.

Mainly this yeah. I have 25k Magnetite shards and there's nothing good to spend that on. At least let me buy Mystic coins with them or sth like Strikes and Fractals have.

23 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I'm really just asking for more options for Dailies. This is by far the best way to balance PvE/PvP content since it doesn't make any one content better gold per hour.

This doesn't make sense. Having more options does not automatically balance activities so they are all equal in GPH. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

This doesn't make sense. Having more options does not automatically balance activities so they are all equal in GPH. 

I more meant it prevents one activity being outright better since everything contributes to the daily.

I mean they should bring the proper weeklies back too I'm not to sure why they removed it.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1