Game crashes after every PvP match [Merged]

Since the last patch i noticed some random game Crashes in pvp.
i have like 4 crashes / hour at the moment and sometimes i cant reenter the match im in. Then i lost the match and also lost points + getting 15 downtime cause i was leaving the match . ty anet but its not my fault at all. 

In my last match we had 3 game crashes in my team. From 3 diffrent ppl. What the f is goning on?

Edited by ZoXLike.9073
  • Thanks 1

Since Tuesday, happens every second or third match. There were hotfixes to the patch, but not even a post on the forum addressing this, or a reply on the several posts about the crashes. Right during the final weeks of the Conquest season, and ArenaNet happily went home for the weekend, with zero feedback on a serious game mode breaking bug.

Edited by Cait Sith.4650

For me, triggers on match start (position reset, build locked in, countdown to gates) even after making no inputs beyond readying up. Triggers on match end (1 second after 500 pts reached) if I'm using an ability.

I had just broken into the top 100, where Iosing is a 14-17 point drop and winning is only 6 or 7 gain. Myself or other teammates being forced AFK for the first fights results in a permanent ~90 point imbalance, if not the match being decided outright. Quite spirit crushing.

Edit: Just after posting this,  I got into a Khylo where 3/5 of my team DC'd. None of the enemy team did. 49-500 loss. I'm dropping out of 250 at this rate 7 games before the required 120 games to even show up on the board. Yes there was a thief on the enemy team. At this point I don't even feel shameless asking for some kind of compensation.

Edited by DeadlyShash.5891
  • Thanks 1

Guild Wars 2 client is becoming so unstable that I am crashing at the beginning of maybe 25% of sPvP matches. I have a fast SSD so I can usually load back in before the gate opens, but other players typically don't.

Why are multiple people crashing together? Many times, 2-3 people all crash at the same time. You see it in the roster screen. Their health bar disappears and maybe 15 seconds later you see their account name pop up as their client opens, then their health bar reappears as they log back in.

ArenaNet needs to stop whatever they're doing and fix this. Fixing literal constant crashes is more important than developing content right now.

Edited by gkoogz.3089
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It’s important, but they need info. Just saying fix crashes when it could be any of a thousand causes won’t generate a fix. Maybe try a support ticket and send crash reports so they can identify the issue. If enough people do that, they can spot a trend and that will speed up fixes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

It’s important, but they need info. Just saying fix crashes when it could be any of a thousand causes won’t generate a fix. Maybe try a support ticket and send crash reports so they can identify the issue. If enough people do that, they can spot a trend and that will speed up fixes.

I've sent like 5 crash reports. It's always the same. Right before the gates open. There are rumors that it's some thief animation that can trigger it so my bigger fear is that people can grief by abusing crashes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

I've sent like 5 crash reports. It's always the same. Right before the gates open. There are rumors that it's some thief animation that can trigger it so my bigger fear is that people can grief by abusing crashes.

Move over scepter cata, the new meta has arrived: Abusing unpatched crash exploits.

Why be good at the game when you can just make 2~3 people on the other team dc?

• Thanks 1

Will you do something about the current PvP season? People are crashing when the match starts. Today, again a crash, couldn't rejoin for 2 mins (got back to the mist without the chance to get back to the match), had to dc/login again, and got the loose anyway.

This affects badly the ladder, and higher elo players are more likely to be affected, as if plp do not want to give a try (so even less high elo players). Matchmaking can't find a match for your level and you end up risking it all, matched with lower elo players to eventually get smashed by a crash anyway. It is understandable for me to see that plp who usually do pvp do not even connect since 2 weeks.

It is FAR from rare to see 3 to 4 people crashing. In average 1 to 2 guys crash per match. What will be the value of this season? do you plan to extend it until the problem is fixed? This is carnival handling, outraging if you decide to maintain the season terminaison on the 14th with such a clown state.

The worst would be to discover that players are not evenly affected by the problem. Will you let the unaffected players get rewards for having "luck"?
- Fix the issue
- Extend the season to end at least one week after the problem is fixed

Most people do not care of 2v2/3v3, will you kill pvp by letting this 5v5 season end this way? We are not here for lotery.

THX

Edited by Nawaak.6918
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

At this point, a band aid fix is better than having that bug be abused by every second Thief in sPvP.

They allegedly are looking into the issue, but until it's properly fixed there should be done something to alleviate the issue.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

This really is an egregious bug. It's fully exploitable, it badly affects matches, and it's quite common. It should be top priority for the studio to fix this.

Just to reiterate, this is not just something that happens once in a while. I regularly am crashing out of PvP matches 2-3 times per day. It affects groups of players at the same time so that teams have 2-3 DCs at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1