If willbender can do it

Grand Marshal.4098

50 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think there is a valid distinction to be made between instant cast teleports and skills like Rush or Savage Leap that have the tendency to go in utterly random directions and not where you tell them to.

Not really. I mean we could get into detailed discussions about cooldowns, availability (elite spec versus baseline available on useful weapons versus utility slots, etc.) and there would be valid arguments for many interpretations.

It would still come out as: both willbender and warrior (notice in this case the core class already) end up being some of the more/most mobile elite/class probably only outclassed by thief (with engi being about the same as wb/warrior).

Hardly something to get worked up over, at least from a warrior perspective.

Now if we wanted to open up the discussion as far as mobility goes to all classes, I doubt warrior or willbender would or should be allowed to remain as mobile as they are, but that is a different issue.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

In WvW with your most basic GS warrior build, you have enough mobility toescape any threat from a Willbender if you need.  You may not completely "outrun" since they will catch up for a small hit when they have their Judge's Intervention off (40 sec) cooldown, but they're not any sort of threat since they have little ability to CC or snare you even when they do touch you.

So why are you so twisted up about them?  If there's no one else around, there's no reason you can't just fight them in a 1v1 anyways.  Warrior is a kitten good class for roaming WvW.

Consider your basic Spellbreaker build.  In the event you need to run, you have:

GS:
Rush - 1,200 range 20s cd
Whirlwind - 450 range/evade 10s cd

Dagger:
Aura Slicer - 300 range  6s cd (not much, but it's faster than combat speed running)
Breaching Strike (if you have adrenal)
Rampage:
Dash - 1000 range 6s cd (can use twice in one Rampage)
Seismic Leap - 600 range

That's a ton of mobility and any enemy chasing you isn't going to be able to fully overtake you without backup.  Whirlwind and Rush from GS alone are really all you need for most situations anyways.

This is what I run on a daily basis and I genuinely don't understand your obsession with Willbenders as some sort of existential threat.

Then you clearly aren't fighting the enemies I have.

There is clearly no reason to run willbender over warrior since warrior outruns. 

You do realise you are presenting a specific build that's often regarded as warrior's top mobility build, to compare to a spec that can instantly go out of combat and choose it's fights, with high abundance in blinds/cleave/aegis and stability, which all work amazingly vs warrior and reso/prot/resi which also cover for any potential warrior bursts.

There is a reason Willbender is amongst the top roamers and no one aside from some warr mains, run warrior.

I can escape people sure, does that mean their tools are balanced? No.

JI + Whirling Wrath is more than your Bull's Charge + Hundred Blades will ever do within the same time span. 

Since you are next level trolling though, I will simply say that you are definitely not playing WvW right now.

Period. Check t1, check t2, check t3. see the number of willbenders, see the number of warriors. Try to fight in the same conditions as a willbender and tell me if you are actually successful.

Again, the fact that one has the ability to perform well enough does not equate balanced tools.

Symbol of Blades is a 10 sec instant 600 range, pulsing blind and fury field. That alone is >>>> aura slicer and breaching strike combined and it tracks very well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Not really. I mean we could get into detailed discussions about cooldowns, availability (elite spec versus baseline available on useful weapons versus utility slots, etc.) and there would be valid arguments for many interpretations.

It would still come out as: both willbender and warrior (notice in this case the core class already) end up being some of the more/most mobile elite/class probably only outclassed by thief (with engi being about the same as wb/warrior).

Hardly something to get worked up over, at least from a warrior perspective.

Now if we wanted to open up the discussion as far as mobility goes to all classes, I doubt warrior or willbender would or should be allowed to remain as mobile as they are, but that is a different issue.

I'm not going to go into the total range increment spitting contest, but just wanted to point out that having an instant port is usually better than a few movement skills with a traversal time that are well known for not working correctly despite being good on paper.

5 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Then you clearly aren't fighting the enemies I have.

There is clearly no reason to run willbender over warrior since warrior outruns. 

You do realise you are presenting a specific build that's often regarded as warrior's top mobility build, to compare to a spec that can instantly go out of combat and choose it's fights, with high abundance in blinds/cleave/aegis and stability, which all work amazingly vs warrior and reso/prot/resi which also cover for any potential warrior bursts.

There is a reason Willbender is amongst the top roamers and no one aside from some warr mains, run warrior.

I can escape people sure, does that mean their tools are balanced? No.

JI + Whirling Wrath is more than your Bull's Charge + Hundred Blades will ever do within the same time span. 

Since you are next level trolling though, I will simply say that you are definitely not playing WvW right now.

Period. Check t1, check t2, check t3. see the number of willbenders, see the number of warriors. Try to fight in the same conditions as a willbender and tell me if you are actually successful.

Again, the fact that one has the ability to perform well enough does not equate balanced tools.

Symbol of Blades is a 10 sec instant 600 range, pulsing blind and fury field. That alone is >>>> aura slicer and breaching strike combined and it tracks very well. 

I play on TC and have faced enemies from all the top servers, so I don't see how I am magically facing anyone different than you are.

The fact that you mention JI + Whirling Wrath as some sort of threat when it has no stun or immobilize and mention BC + Hundred blades like it's some sort of damage combo that will do anything to anyone other than the most inexperienced or completely out of endurance and cooldowns player seems to say a lot though. 

If a guard ever JI + Whirling Wrath to you, then just simply walk to the side.  Hit dodge if you're feeling spicy.  There's no immob or stun to stop you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I play Guardians but I don't like WB, so that's not really a solution for Guardians in general. I'm kind of tired of people taking one elite spec and then acting as if the entire class is fine. And with people I mean Anet as well.

They should have never been given that much mobility, period. You're kinda tired of all that? well guess what, like 99% of guards play the elite spec rather than core, guess everyone else is using the solution.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Something worth also discussing when talking about mobility is also in combat survival and general survival. While warrior is not the fastest class in the world it's got great defences and regen especially in spellbreaker that it can effectively run from all but the most heavily outnumbered fights. Some classes/specs give it a run for it's money, pun intended, but they're all in the "this **** is way too fast for the damage it does and how much defence it has" category.

If you're playing slower specs that might only have 1 big movement skill and rely on swiftness/runes warrior will easily outpace you, which is a lot of specs, you just don't often see them because they're unviable by and large.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 8:31 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I want warrior to get a 1200 range port, fast paced assassin spec to roam with in WvW please!

I swear Ill never say anything about Willy, Teef or Rev again if you do that!

If you want to do what willbender does, play willbender? 🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1