WvW Achievements

WeightTrainer.3219

I appreciate Anet adding these in to make the game mode more enjoyable. Unfortunately my team is in T1 and our team color is not green, so capping smc is probably not happening. The only way I see myself completing all the achievements for the 8 gold is to just not play this week and hope my team drops to T2. Which seems a bit upside down, not playing WvW so I can complete WvW achievements. 🙃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Am on FA. We've flipped SMC plenty of times in the last 3 weeks with Mag.

FA flipped SMC 3 times last week, 3 times the week before, and I didn't see any flips from this week. That's not exactly plenty of times. On 4 occasions that was at 6:30 pm UTC  and the other 2 times were at around 2:30am UTC. Not all players are on at those times.

Edited by Graymatter.4723
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WeightTrainer.3219 said:

I appreciate Anet adding these in to make the game mode more enjoyable. Unfortunately my team is in T1 and our team color is not green, so capping smc is probably not happening. The only way I see myself completing all the achievements for the 8 gold is to just not play this week and hope my team drops to T2. Which seems a bit upside down, not playing WvW so I can complete WvW achievements. 🙃

The good news is the achievement week is Monday-Sunday, while matchups are Friday-Thursday, so you'll have part of 2 different matchups to complete the achievements. The bad news is unless your server is the one tanking harder for 3rd place, you'll end up a part of the same matchup next week.

27 minutes ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

FA flipped SMC 3 times last week, 3 times the week before, and I didn't see any flips from this week. That's not exactly plenty of times. On 4 occasions that was at 6:30 pm UTC  and the other 2 times were at around 2:30am UTC. Not all players are on at those times.

Hmm so if Im remembering correctly and my group flipped SMC once a week. Need 1 SMC flip. Seems like plenty to me.

I'm saying you can flip SMC vs Mag if you organize in any meaningful way and fight them. Our 25 isn't responsible for all of FAs SMC flips lmao

3 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Hmm so if Im remembering correctly and my group flipped SMC once a week. Need 1 SMC flip. Seems like plenty to me.

I'm saying you can flip SMC vs Mag if you organize in any meaningful way and fight them. Our 25 isn't responsible for all of FAs SMC flips lmao

What were the queues like on your server at the time? What were the queues like on Mag's server at the time? And even, what were the queues like on the third server at the time.

If mag is queued on all 4 maps (which it is during US prime time), it will be almost impossible to take SMC unless both your server, and the third server have enough players to queue EBG. I keep telling people here, WvW is a numbers game, nothing else. Without numbers, the rest of the people on your server (or any other server for that matter) won't be able to flip SMC. So the people who log in during NA prime time won't have that opportunity. For your group, and the other groups that logged on during off hours, it's great, but for the people who only play during NA prime time, it's not.

That's the whole flaw with the current weekly achievement setup. It requires that people be on competitive teams. If they aren't, they will be forced transfer to another team if they want a shot at the extra tickets and gold which encourages more bandwagoning.

Edited by Graymatter.4723

26 minutes ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

Just looked at those achievements and why not make it 14 gold ..2g for ea achievement.   

Get the gold as you complete each achievement...seems reasonable.

We still need a WVW vendor so that we can buy sell trade exchange wvw currencies 🙂

Gold is meaningless IMO since people will always use PvE as a measure, it should have been grandmaster marks if the focus is on people that don't even have ascended ; memories of battle if liquidity and long term players working on legendaries is the goal. The War Machine skins (from restructuring beta) were not even weapons, they were skins so those were clearly meant as a longterm player reward.

Emblems should have had a conversion to memories of battle as well if not something else that is strictly WvW related.

Just handing out gold is the lazy way out and poor for the ingame economy.

As far as this thread, it makes it quite clear people are stressing over 5 tickets.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 2

It is also quite Hilarious that many years ago in order to upgrade towers or keeps players would have to literally buy the next tier upgrade with their own gold  from the objectives quartermaster back before when the only reward  had started to be released with 20silver per rank up when wvw ranks were first implemented. On top of armor repairs and when 400 gems was about 12 in game gold.

1 hour ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

If mag is queued on all 4 maps (which it is during US prime time), it will be almost impossible to take SMC unless both your server, and the third server have enough players to queue EBG. I keep telling people here, WvW is a numbers game, nothing else. Without numbers, the rest of the people on your server (or any other server for that matter) won't be able to flip SMC. So the people who log in during NA prime time won't have that opportunity. For your group, and the other groups that logged on during off hours, it's great, but for the people who only play during NA prime time, it's not.

2:30am UTC is 630pm pst? Is that not NA prime anymore?

Sounds like a lot of excuses. Mag gets the same number of players as everyone else. Hence queues....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Anet implemented the MAG rule. That you only need 6 of 7 to complete the weekly. So you won’t have to trouble yourself with our SMC.

Don’t spend your 8g all in one place.

obs, come on. Lets keep this as a discussion as stop gap before the bigger change. Less drama as we go thru it. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624