Server transfer

Sholagar.8352

So I play on Fort Aspenwood, and I am considering transferring to Maguuma.  I don’t want to get into a long story on why, I think thats

obvious…. But considering I am fairly new, are there any glaring reasons why I shouldn’t?  I have 3 legendaries, they are account wide, correct?  Is it just everything on one character and their inventory that would transfer?  So basically load

up one character and their inventory to maximize what transfers?  I’d appreciate any suggestions, thanks

3 minutes ago, Sholagar.8352 said:

Okay thanks all, I didn’t realize it transfers everything.  I really have loved Fort Aspen, but it’s just oppressive now.  Maybe dropping to a lower tier server would be ideal, I just want good fights.  Haven’t seen smc flip at all this week (me personally)

Yeah, transferring to a lower tier server might be best. MAG is full at the moment anyway.

9 minutes ago, Sholagar.8352 said:

Okay thanks all, I didn’t realize it transfers everything.  I really have loved Fort Aspen, but it’s just oppressive now.  Maybe dropping to a lower tier server would be ideal, I just want good fights.  Haven’t seen smc flip at all this week (me personally)

I've Been on Hod for 10 years myself and I am in it for the long hall. I would definitely suggest thinking about it a little bit longer and research more before going to transfer so if you go to do it you can give yourself more options to choose from.

Yeah, Mag tends to only be active on EBG, and there's usually a queue to get on that map during prime time.

Plus, there are times when we own ALL of EBG and still EBG is packed with people AFK'ing in the castle.

A lower tier server is actually probably better.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

If you want good fights, a transfer to Mag (or the linked server) won't get you that either.

Exactly this.

Good fights are with evenly numbered servers. Tier 3 this week has been awesome with all 3 servers staying within 3 to 7 total points of each other.  If your server can stay out of Tier 1 and away from stacked Mag, then you will see good fights.

Edited by Evenge.4067
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

At the moment, It's pretty boring to play on mag for much of the day.  Reset is still pretty fun, there's a little fun during NA prime or when a large guild logs in, and the enemy morning crews can be a challenge.  But, other than that's it's both too easy, and too green.

Good! That is what every other server is trying to do by not giving Mag what they stacked for.  All the people that transferred there when they were open or bandwagoned to be carried by huge numbers, they deserve to be bored or stuck in ques.

As much as Mag players want to demolish boonball playstyle with their clouding they deserve to be penalized for their numbers stacking antics. Boonball play is bad for WvW but stacking a server and bandwagoning is 10 times worse for the game mode. 

Let em be bored!

Have a nice day 🙂

• Like 7

Just now, Xenesis.6389 said:

In what way do you expect one person to help a server in a productive way against a server that is overstacked and still has one of the biggest links of all the servers?

Just curious.

🍿

Bucket on FA started as a pug tag that barely got anyone to follow him. Now dude has a guild and queues maps. It can start with one person.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Bucket on FA started as a pug tag that barely got anyone to follow him. Now dude has a guild and queues maps. It can start with one person.

Consider though that Bucket is a longtime old school FA player who isn't bothered all that much by the whole "oppressive" thing and knows it's not going to stay that way forever.  Not like we didn't see that before when HoD got super-stacked from free transfers for tournaments.

Edited by Chaba.5410

You guys don't actually believe OP wants to transfer to Mag for good fights, do you?

He wants to be there for the same reason most of Mag is there. Easy to be carried when you outnumber the other servers five to one at normal times, down to just two to one when a major guild pin shows up. The last thing people on Mag want are good fights. If they did, they would transfer to other servers to fight Mag. Mag is where you go to avoid ever getting into a fair fight.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Evenge.4067 said:

Good! That is what every other server is trying to do by not giving Mag what they stacked for.  All the people that transferred there when they were open or bandwagoned to be carried by huge numbers, they deserve to be bored or stuck in ques.

Yes you're helping bore mag, but there is still a LOT of contentment in the average psych to be "winning" even when bored.  And you're really letting down your team mates that do show up. 

If you're part of an organized force that sits out mag week, shame on you.  Why did you even bother organizing if you're going to sit out when a real challenge is available?  Of course we know the answer to that too...

Edited by Arya Whitefire.8423
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

Bucket Lips is great, and I always join him when we are on at the same time.  But any other time taking anything other than the odd camp is a no go, I mean I am almost done with diamond for the week and haven’t even got smc or tower achieves done.  And now that I have thought more about it and heard more opinions, I don’t see joining the band wagon a solution either.  It really needs to change, implement the alliance thing already, at least it will shake populations up.