Do Not Nerf Adrenal Health For All of Warrior Because of Spellbreaker.

Zuko.7132

1. Adrenal Health is not over performing on Core, Berserker, or Bladesworn.
  2. Full Counter was also just changed to only give Adrenal Health if the enemy is hit by it.
  3. Adrenal Health is not the thing that needs nerfs. If Spellbreaker still needs nerfs, they should be targeted at full counter cooldown, not adrenal health.

Please don't nerf all of warrior in an attempt to balance spellbreaker. Thank you.

Edited by Zuko.7132
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

First and foremost, they should only fix the bugged CD reduction on Full Counter and literally do nothing else before seeing how it turns out.

The fact that the one thing that should happen is blatantly being ignored just feels disgusting.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:
  1. Adrenal Health is not over performing on Core, Berserker, or Bladesworn.
  2. Full Counter was also just changed to only give Adrenal Health if the enemy is hit by it.
  3. Adrenal Health is not the thing that needs nerfs. If Spellbreaker still needs nerfs, they should be targeted at full counter cooldown, not adrenal health.

Please don't nerf all of warrior in an attempt to balance spellbreaker. Thank you.

I totally agree. Watching the stream, it blew my mind when they explained that "we're nerfing AH mostly to target Spellbreaker," and then 2 mins later they said "we're changing FC so it can't trigger burst related traits (like AH) so easily". So they admit that a) SpB is the problem, b) they are nerfing the part of SpB that allows it to easily max out AH, but c) they are still going to nerf AH anyways.  Huh?

Also, please note that the nerfed AH will heal for a max of 280/s; that's actually worse than before the Defense rework (was 299/s).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Cal Cohen.2358, please keep track of this topic. Adrenal Health isn't the problem, Full Counter is.

Your changes to how FC procs traits was correct, but the next thing you needed to have done is to address the CD reduction bug. That alone would have reigned in Spellbreaker.

While there is time please revoke the AH nerf and instead address the CD reduction bug.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358, please keep track of this topic. Adrenal Health isn't the problem, Full Counter is.

Your changes to how FC procs traits was correct, but the next thing you needed to have done is to address the CD reduction bug. That alone would have reigned in Spellbreaker.

While there is time please revoke the AH nerf and instead address the CD reduction bug.

Just this.

The FC change was a long time coming, should have been done 5 or 6 years ago when it first emerged as literally the cause behind Spellbreakers overtuned self sustain, but for some reason the balance devs at the time just walked around it and targeted everything else to try and reign in Spellbreakers self sustain when all they ever, and I do mean ever, needed to do was change how FC functioned relating to burst traits (well that and the passive proc traits at the time, but that was eventually addressed...however that lead to a whole other situation that I won't rehash here).

Changing how FC functions is the only thing they need to touch with this patch, the Adrenal Health nerf is entirely unnecessary and is only going to negatively impact everything else too much.

At least they will have finally gotten rid of the last thing that remained of  unhealthy gameplay mechanics that was essentially required to hold the class up any time it was "meta" in competitive modes. They dealt with the overall overtuned passive healing many years ago, then they dealt with Warrior's unhealthy reliance on passive procs from traits, then they addressed Bladesworn's self sustain due to ammo charges on shouts, now they have finally addressed the FC issue. Here is to hoping this allows them to get a better read on what to even do with Warrior going forward.

4 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

precisely this. its history repeating itself again.

I honestly don't even think it will be over performing on Spellbreaker after the change requiring full counter to land on the enemy. If the make that functionality change and fix the bugged cd reduction of fullcounter, I think it would be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The balance patch before this gave me some hope that the people responsible for balancing might have an idea how to fix the imbalance between warrior and other classes. This balance patch has absolutely dashed those hopes. We're back to clueless tweaking and an embarrassing failure to actually address the real issues with the class.
In case anyone didn't get the memo, they fixed warrior by giving it teleports and shitting out boons in addition to front loaded burst (no more adrenaline charging). The new warrior spec is called Willbender.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nukk.3492 said:

The balance patch before this gave me some hope that the people responsible for balancing might have an idea how to fix the imbalance between warrior and other classes. This balance patch has absolutely dashed those hopes. We're back to clueless tweaking and an embarrassing failure to actually address the real issues with the class.
In case anyone didn't get the memo, they fixed warrior by giving it teleports and shitting out boons in addition to front loaded burst (no more adrenaline charging). The new warrior spec is called Willbender.

Wasn't the 'fixed' warrior before Holosmith?

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

First and foremost, they should only fix the bugged CD reduction on Full Counter and literally do nothing else before seeing how it turns out.

The fact that the one thing that should happen is blatantly being ignored just feels disgusting.

AND the bugged display glitch that makes full counter look like it's up 24/7, making counterplay that much harder in competitive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

AND the bugged display glitch that makes full counter look like it's up 24/7, making counterplay that much harder in competitive.

I don't remember having ever encountered that one. Is that a DX11 specific glitch? I'm going to continue enjoying DX9 for as long as I can.

34 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I don't remember having ever encountered that one. Is that a DX11 specific glitch? I'm going to continue enjoying DX9 for as long as I can.

I don’t think so. It’s been around since before spellbreaker. Have you ever seen the ranger greatsword 3 eagle permanently around? I think it’s the same deal, so it’s been around a long time if it’s the same type of problem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I have been CALLED. Its actually a bug from the base game from 2012 (might be even from the betas) on guardian mace 3 Protector's Strike, and Full counter has  it since it is the same skill but with different paintjob.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I don’t think so. It’s been around since before spellbreaker. Have you ever seen the ranger greatsword 3 eagle permanently around? I think it’s the same deal, so it’s been around a long time if it’s the same type of problem.

5 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I have been CALLED. Its actually a bug from the base game from 2012 (might be even from the betas) on guardian mace 3 Protector's Strike, and Full counter has  it since it is the same skill but with different paintjob.

I don't remember having seen these ones either.

But with all the particle vomit caking everything in sPvP, I might simply not have noticed them.

Edited by Fueki.4753

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I don't remember having seen these ones either.

But with all the particle vomit caking everything in sPvP, I might simply not have noticed them.

The animation of the Counter skill gets stuck for everyone else except you. On Spellbreaker it looks like its doing the fullcounter all the time and on Guardian it looks like it has the Mace Shields all the time , mace  is not used as much and people don't see it that often but it is there. 
I searched for video to show but for some reason I kind find it, maybe if people spam the video evidence it might get a look up.

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

*James Earl Jones voice*

You have failed me for the last time...

So bummed, because I was running defense hammer zerker before and now it has less sustain, when it’s sustain was never an issue. I appreciate the new zerk buffs, but it would have been nice to not get nerfs at the same time. They even have the tech to make the trait only be nerfed for spellbreaker as shown by vindicator nerfs and didn’t use it.

• Like 1

Just now, Zuko.7132 said:

So bummed, because I was running defense hammer zerker before and now it has less sustain, when it’s sustain was never an issue. I appreciate the new zerk buffs, but it would have been nice to not get nerfs at the same time. They even have the tech to make the trait only be nerfed for spellbreaker as shown by vindicator nerfs and didn’t use it.

Hey, we're warriors. We get the worst nerfs and even worse buffs. We still kick kitten though.