Make kills count for more points to war score.

Purr.2715

I don't recall when kills counted more towards war score but they should.  People want to play but it's tough when certain groups can just sit in lower tiers and farm unorganized players.  It is game breaking... how can a server with more kill than the other 2 servers combined not win the weekly match?  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The game is about holding structures, AND people are so afraid of dying to begin with. So I don't think that's really necessary, assuming we cared about score to begin with. If you allow kills to be worth too many points, then it reaches a point where it's no longer cost effective to defend a structure.

What could happen is give more points from kills when you are outnumbered, or allow kills to count for more, but you cannot get additional score from killing the same person over and over again. Like diminishing returns. That would deal with the feeding issue. Otherwise my server is never going to win a matchup ever again. kitten Rifle condi mechnanists, or w/e crap they're running.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Purr.2715 said:

I don't recall when kills counted more towards war score but they should.  People want to play but it's tough when certain groups can just sit in lower tiers and farm unorganized players.  It is game breaking... how can a server with more kill than the other 2 servers combined not win the weekly match?  

To make sure I am not misunderstanding you have a lower tier server that is losing but are getting more kills aka farming players.

That's one of the fine balancing lines in PPK and PPT. Its also a balancing aspect in the attack and defense conversation. So if a side is just going to hunt players and karma train structures or ignore them they are going to lose. They won the fight, they lost the war in other terms. Right now it doesn't matter because there is no reason to win outside of people's own self described value in doing so. Adding value into winning might change those ratios up. Personally I think PPT should pay the server at end of week and PPK should pay the player as it occurs. But we will get into that once we get closer to the discussions on value in winning. Right now, IMO the PPK to PPT ratios feel reasonable.

• Like 1

War Score

Killing or finishing (stomping) an enemy will add two points to the War Score (PPK = Points Per Kill). Stomping an enemy with the Borderlands Bloodlust effect will add one extra point.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Minor_Borderlands_Bloodlust

Everyone in your realm gains 30 bonus points to power, precision, toughness, vitality, condition damage, and healing power for holding 3 ruins in 1 Borderland. Invaders killed by finishers reward your realm with War Score.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outnumbered

The enemies greatly outnumber your forces. Be careful out there!
+50% Participation
+20% Magic Find
+25% World Experience
Take no armor damage on death
Being killed by the enemy team will not grant War Score.

Guess what's probably cancelling out the warscore from players.

🤷‍♂️🍿

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 6:43 PM, Purr.2715 said:

how can a server with more kill than the other 2 servers combined not win the weekly match? 

Easy question, easy answer

-> PPK players have stacked on that server

-> they go for PPK

-> so they make PPK

-> and lose the match

Those fights are usually boring, cause they go slow moving boon ball and ignore objectives. So, get on a cloud build, be mobile and just dodge 😋

On 2/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, Purr.2715 said:

You're kind of answering your own question here.  How does a server with 2x kills not win?  Well, they probably stack all their players on EB at the most populated time of the day and are matched up against teams that spread out.  The result is the EB-stack team farms the other two teams for a few hours, racks up tons of kills.  Meanwhile the other two teams are spread on the other maps taking stuff.  Eventually the EB-stack team also probably disappears for the night and the other two teams, which have maybe 5-10 at any given time, run over everything everywhere.

Or, and I've seen this happen several times, one team stacks prime time and is very good there, another team has an okay but not great showing during prime time, the same farming situation happens again.  Then as prime time ends, things even out and the previously 'okay' team now can now put up a fight and puts up the same type of ratio as the prime time team. The prime time team racks up hundreds of kills during its farming run, but the other team only racks up double digits.  Both teams have equal dominant killing times, but since one does it during a super populated zone they look stronger.

• Like 1

While EU population imbalance is so huge, I would say we have much bigger issues to solve.

There is always 3 EU servers without a link, which will gravitate down to tier 5. At worst Arenanet's flawed algorithm places one of these servers to tier 1 without a link (just happened to Desolation, placed to tier 1 after relink and has no linked server). This means 4 weeks in a row hopelessly outnumbered fights. Having just 2-3 players on a map on your side in prime time is hardly epic fights, more like running away and trying to capture something when enemy is not there. I simply fail to understand why EU has 5 tiers, when there is obviously not enough players for that. 4 tiers should be enough.

WvWvW has no incentive for players to seek fair fights, in fact the current system rewards the opposite. Majority of players and servers go for the low hanging fruit. Meaning that those servers who are winning both go after the losing server. At worst we will have 1+1 and 1+1 = 4 servers both attacking the outnumbered server. 

The point reward system needs to change, I agree, but it should change in such way that is encourages to attack the server who is currently leading the score, not vice versa.

This could be achieved so that it rewards kills in different way:
kill vs losing server +1/kill
kill vs middle server +2/kill
kill vs winning server +4/kill

Similar scoring change could be done for objectives. This would encourage #2 and #3 to attack #1, instead of #1 and #2 both attacking #3.