Reward Update - encourages...

Kite.5327

7 hours ago, Kite.5327 said:

afk / sitting on walls / draining all keeps, towers and camps to repair walls 

less reason to push an enemy team now. rewarded once for an assault, rewarded indefinitely if just defend

Not seeing that, seeing sides that would zerg to attack still do. Seeing sides that would defend before about the same. Mileage will vary? Will see how the week progresses. Admit did see bigger fights at camps and they weren't included at all but saw some three way zerg fights at camps so not sure what was up there. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kite.5327 said:

less reason to push an enemy team now. rewarded once for an assault, rewarded indefinitely if just defend

15 hours ago, Kite.5327 said:

nobody use siege anyway , only people with common sense does , we had 800 sm castle supply , not even one guy bothered to build arrow carts , and thats before the update , so who cares 

• Confused 3

21 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not seeing that, seeing sides that would zerg to attack still do. Seeing sides that would defend before about the same.

Come to MAG, they have basically not moved off SMC wall since reset, it is sad and the Devs need to see what a mess this is.

Do away with Defense and wall repair rewards (repair especially) and promote Offence.

We are not the fat kids on the bench looking for a participation trophies dont reward people for it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kite.5327 said:

People are starting to suggest letting enemies keep siege up to dmg walls, so people can repair them for the rewards. 

This is more a flaw with the siege system though - they just last too long. The timer IMO is an archaic system, they should deteriorate with both loosing HP and damage instead unless you "maintain" them with more supply.

But I digress. I havent seen that much difference aside from more activity on average.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

3 hours ago, Goglak.2591 said:

Come to MAG, they have basically not moved off SMC wall since reset, it is sad and the Devs need to see what a mess this is.

Do away with Defense and wall repair rewards (repair especially) and promote Offence.

We are not the fat kids on the bench looking for a participation trophies dont reward people for it

lol, why would I come to Mag!? I enjoy fighting Mag. Why make this into a matchup thread? Don't mix my defense of Mag when peeps do call outs about nerfing roamers and Mag. Sticking to a rule, if you want fights, don't spawn camp. Its simple, if you like fights, let them fight.

• Like 3

If I'm brutally honest, I actually find myself leaving when I see an assault of ours is going to fail, just because I don't want to give more rewards to the other side.

I also find myself unwilling to build siege anymore in towers because people tend to go to keeps now because the rewards are so much better than towers.

Also it seems that there are more 2 vs 1 situations because on borderlands maps there is now an incentive to keep pushing. So one side has to fight two other sides at the same time more often.

And last Friday evening after reset our hbl was empty. The maps all had queues on our side but the other servers were avoiding coming to our hbl. So we were struggling to find camps to flip so we could keep our timers up. 

So tags gave up after a while. And then when there were som tiers on our objectives a green zerg hit our home border map and we had no way of defending against that zerg, because there were less people willing to fight on our side and more afk'ers by then. I figure people may now decide to avoid a certain map in order to let the home team get tiers on their objectives because higher tiers means higher rewards.

On 2/18/2023 at 2:18 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

Weren't people complaining about how defense doesn't get rewarded?  LOL

Sure but that doesn't mean the solution should encourage other undesirable behaviors. The cure may prove worse than the disease, but I'm sure they'll do more tweaking until they're happy with it.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1

Repair should still reward, but less. Damaging enemies or supporting allies should count the most imo.

Attackers need attack events on intervals like the defense ones, on top of the capture one.

Small groups need to be aknowledged too, if they cap a tower against another small group, they will probably just get bronze, which is sad considering might be way more effort than a 50vs50...

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 9:08 AM, Sarrs.4831 said:

not sure why repairing walls would be bad. bad because walls auto-topup when the objective upgrades maybe? idk

you almost make it sound like the system is incentivizing sentrying, which is fantastic tbh

Its not that repairing is bad, though it can be if done at the wrong moment but rather the system rewards repairs but not actually killing the enemies attacking.  Of course this might be that as a support I was not doing enough damage to count?

Defending a keep several times this morning but no bonus because I was fighting rather than repairing.  Currently the system rewards players for just staying behind a wall and repairing until supplies are exhausted.