Now That Mantras Are Useless In WvW... What is Next to Go?

Jitters.9401

17 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Didn't I ask you to give examples of positioning in a different post? 

Demonstrate it. You made the statement, so prove it.

I ran two mantras at all times. You make 2 videos of you roaming With 2 mantras and fighting multiple enemies.  Prove me wrong. One video has to be open field, the other one can be your set up video.

The other day I got in a fight with 2 catalysts taking my camp (all guards were killed when i jumped on them).

I downed one, was slowly taking him out with auto attacks while working on the other one and would have won the other but I made the mistake of dodge rolling outside the circle.... the camp flipped to them and suddenly I was immobilized, blinded, and smacked by a Supervisor with RI. I went down right after. 

My fights are almost ways like that. Super fast paced where it is impossible to charge anything. 

But... if my wvw roaming was just camps and vet creature then the mantras would be fine. 

You are moving the goal posts. I never advocated running two mantras. Nor do I recommend it. And as such I also don't need to make any videos either because there are already an abundance of videos with people using one mantra.

Ex watch the first minute. 

Edit: at 15:13 is a good example of the strengths of the current version of mantras. He is able to get off an interrupt he never would have had access to before because the charges wouldn't have refreshed in time. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

You are moving the goal posts. I never advocated running two mantras. Nor do I recommend it. And as such I also don't need to make any videos either because there are already an abundance of videos with people using one mantra.

Ex watch the first minute. 

Edit: at 15:13 is a good example of the strengths of the current version of mantras. He is able to get off an interrupt he never would have had access to before because the charges wouldn't have refreshed in time. 

Lol

My very first sentence of my original post specifically said that "I run 2 mantras".  I also said that everytime I tried to charge a mantra it was interrupted.  

Every post you made after tried to discredit what I said, and now you say you only run 1 and would not advocate 2. Now that is super funny.  

And that video... We all know that posting videos is a highly selective process using the beast of the best videos. 

Anyway. I'll remind you of two things you wrote:

(1) Don't use mantras while roaming if you can't use them effectively .

(2) Mantras are used extensively in WvW zerging.

Mantras used to be very effective in solo roaming and fighting multiple opponents. I know this because that was the majority of my game play and was the problem I initially spoke of. While they may still be effective in zerg play which is your expertise, they are not with solo roaming, which is my expertise. 

Anyway. Thanks for showing up and trying but your zerg expertise does not transfer over to roaming play. 

11 hours ago, ventress.4879 said:

The reason Mantras were effective in WvW roaming is because they had no counter play. Now with a cast time people can interrupt you, your best bet is to stealth or hide behind a boon or bubble like feedback. 

The best bet is to hide behind a rock! LOL 

18 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

My very first sentence of my original post specifically said that "I run 2 mantras".  I also said that everytime I tried to charge a mantra it was interrupted.  

Every post you made after tried to discredit what I said, and now you say you only run 1 and would not advocate 2. Now that is super funny. 

Not tried to, did discredit. 

If your rebuttal is to say "mantras" is a plural word so "mantras are useless" must refer to using 2+ at the same time then this entire thread is stupid and I don't want to participate anymore. 

There are a plethora of builds that use a single mantra and it is not the same mantra for each build.  Mantras, the skill types, are not useless. 

18 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Mantras used to be very effective in solo roaming and fighting multiple opponents. I know this because that was the majority of my game play and was the problem I initially spoke of. While they may still be effective in zerg play which is your expertise, they are not with solo roaming, which is my expertise. 

No. You just want to use two or more. Stop doing that and the current version is better than the previous one. 

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Wait. That's the answer we are going with? A skill type that's only good if you only use one of them at a time is acceptable now? Wow.

It's normal balance yeah, look at every classes, they all have utility they take depending on the situation.

Mean I don't meet a full signet guard or a full wells necro everyday for example 😛

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/16/2023 at 2:40 AM, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Wait. That's the answer we are going with? A skill type that's only good if you only use one of them at a time is acceptable now? Wow.

Only for risky offensive focused builds. If you're running a support build where positioning, casting and your group is more important (and can be relied on to take pressure off you) then you can run multiple mantras. Heal mantra for heal support, concentration for group stab and I wouldn't recommend it but you can also slot resolve. The biggest issue is the healing is less on demand than other supports and cleansing is less able to keep up tbh.

I would never recommend running pain and distraction, even without casting, as you're a one dimensional cheap one shot build loading up on too much instant cast.

When Anet made the initial change that removed the wind-up cast on Mantras, Mesmer players threw a very justified fit over the loss of functionality.  Reverting that change was the right decision.  As to the comments about Mantras now being useless when WvW roaming, this is a L2P issue.  You have plenty of tools to safely re-cast them should you make the optional decision to use the second charge.  The only gripe I have is that Arenanet reverted some of the Mantras without restoring their full functionality. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 11:59 PM, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Edit: at 15:13 is a good example of the strengths of the current version of mantras. He is able to get off an interrupt he never would have had access to before because the charges wouldn't have refreshed in time

He didnt interrupt anything, he tried to interrupt bound? Lmao

3 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

The only gripe I have is that Arenanet reverted some of the Mantras without restoring their full functionality. 

true

On 3/15/2023 at 12:14 PM, ventress.4879 said:

The reason Mantras were effective in WvW roaming is because they had no counter play. Now with a cast time people can interrupt you, your best bet is to stealth or hide behind a boon or bubble like feedback. 

I'd rather just have a good, simple cleanse utility skill with a moderate cooldown without the clowning around. Now in order to have that, I need to run Inspiration.

12 hours ago, msalakka.4653 said:

I'd rather just have a good, simple cleanse utility skill with a moderate cooldown without the clowning around. Now in order to have that, I need to run Inspiration.

I thought most people run Inspiration for the Focus cooldown reduction and distortion on Signets? 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ventress.4879 said:

I thought most people run Inspiration for the Focus cooldown reduction and distortion on Signets? 

The point is that I shouldn't have to pick any trait line at all in order to have one normal, functional cleanse skill à la Contemplation of Purity with a reasonable cd that I don't have to remember to pre-cast and doesn't require a target. Just a button that cleanses a bunch of the aids Anet loves shoving into this game. It shouldn't be that much to ask.

• Like 3