"An Air of Mystery" progression bug [Merged]

I Just completed the meta at Gyala Delve and while Gorrik was speaking as I  finishing the scanning the haze hot spots, the map closed and now I cannot progress any further in the quest line (the "Examine strange on-goings..." and "Scan haze spots" tasks show as completed with check marks and are greyed out).  This happened to a few others on the same map as mine.  We stayed on the map for the next meta, but the issue did not resolve the bugged quest line.  Closing and reopening the game did not fix either.

• Like 1

Both my partner and I got something almost identical-- we had just finished filling the "examine the strange goings-on in the mine" step when the meta on the map we were on failed and immediately vacated. We unwittingly volunteered just as Gorrik began speaking, and it is now stuck for us. Both that step and the optional step are checked off with nothing new appearing.

We tried relogging, changing maps, waypointing, quitting and restarting story multiple times, and doing more events, but nothing helps!

Same problem for me as well, map changed mid-dialogue, now both steps (examine the strange goings-on and scan haze hot spots) are marked as complete but I can't progress further. Quitting and restarting story doesn't revert progress so I'm flat out stuck. The friend I was playing with had Gorrik's dialogue finish right before map-change and they had no problem advancing to the next step.

I was able to fix this after running into the same issue on Air of Mystery. Quitting chapter, relogging, and closing the game didn't work. I was able to fix it by changing my active story to The Cycle Reborn and then changing it back to What Lies Beneath. It reset my story progress and I had to start over from the beginning of On The Case, but I can progress now.

Edited by McQwak.1459
  • Thanks 3

Yep. Same problem as the rest of you.

I was scanning the hot spots. My map's meta failed as I scanned the last one. Gorrik started talking when the map reset. So now I have the previous objective complete but never got the next step. I tried leaving the map, starting and resuming the story. Nothing seems to work.

If you start another chapter and then go back to the new one, you will lose and progress and have to start from the start of the new chapter. Not a great solution but it's better than being locked out completely.

11 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Just to clarify. You want us to actively start another story step right ?

I have tried quitting the current one but progress was still blocked.

Yes, that very specifically seems to be the difference. You will have to start over though, but I'm just going by other comments.

6 minutes ago, Hell Raven.6817 said:

Yes, that very specifically seems to be the difference. You will have to start over though, but I'm just going by other comments.

Alright, im more than willing to try this later.

Tried every other common fix i could think of already, why not one more.

34 minutes ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

that didn't work for me. It didn't reset that section or the chapter as a whole. =(

Same here-- I saw someone say that specifically starting an EoD chapter will fix it? I haven't tried yet. But I tried starting a random HoT chapter and it didn't let me restart on Delve so.

I probably won't try again for awhile anyway, since if the bug occurs when you hear Gorrik's dialogue too close to a map closure, then it's going to be a bit difficult to time it just right so that I never complete any story steps on a failing map. Hoping for a patch soon!

I have the same problem. The story steps 'Examine the strange goings-on...' and 'Scan haze hot spots' both have check marks but no marker to continue.

Quitting the story, starting a new different story and then restarting the story back didn't do anything. Still stuck on An Air of Mystery with no way to continue. 

Edit.. I tried quitting the story and starting a new one from EoD (had tried HoT and LS3 before). When switching back it started the story over from the beginning. Hopefully it won't bug out again when i get to the same part. 

Edited by Vash.2386
  • Like 1