New Raid Wing and Fractal!

maddoctor.2738

Arriving just two months after the release of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Season 4 will debut its first Episode titled “Daybreak.” In addition to Episode 1, the release will include a raid wing and a new fractal for players to delve into.

It's here people.

link: https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/videos/living-world-season-4-episode-1-daybreak-trailer-1000005699

Going to ask this in the reddit AMA after the patch, but figured I'd post it here too because why not.

Now that this is official, is this what we can expect for raiding pace? About 9 months in between releases? We've been given a rough estimate from MO about living world releases that ANET's goal is to have them every 2-3 months and that they will try to contain a new map every time. These aren't promises, but rather goals that they shoot for. IMO this communication is much better than being in the dark about it.

Can we have something similar for raids? Do we have a pacing goal? IMO 9 months is too long, but at least having some knowledge is better than being in the dark. I think a reasonable state to ask for from a community perspective would be that the goal is 1 raid release with every other living world patch (i.e. 4-6 months). Maybe that's not reasonable and just wishful thinking, but either way getting some comment in the reddit AMA next week would be nice.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:Going to ask this in the reddit AMA after the patch, but figured I'd post it here too because why not.

Now that this is official, is this what we can expect for raiding pace? About 9 months in between releases? We've been given a rough estimate from MO about living world releases that ANET's goal is to have them every 2-3 months and that they will try to contain a new map every time. These aren't promises, but rather goals that they shoot for. IMO this communication is much better than being in the dark about it.

Can we have something similar for raids? Do we have a pacing goal? IMO 9 months is too long, but at least having some knowledge is better than being in the dark. I think a reasonable state to ask for from a community perspective would be that the goal is 1 raid release with every other living world patch (i.e. 4-6 months). Maybe that's not reasonable and just wishful thinking, but either way getting some comment in the reddit AMA next week would be nice.

Just FYI, each LW team has 6 months to make an episode. The only reason we get episodes so quickly is because we have 3 LW teams working on them in tandem. Assuming that a raid wing takes about the same amount of effort as a LW episode (I don't think it does, but it makes for easy numbers), then we could expect about 6 months for a new wing to be developed as the optimal pace. Anything faster and something would be rushed.

I doubt that a raid wing is on par with a LW episode, so maybe 4 months is realistic depending on the size of the raid wing.

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Can't wait to see which good story arc from GW1 they are going to gate with raid this time :)

Well if it's Underworld based then it would make sense. Underworld and areas like it in GW1 were that game's equivalent of "raids" so it's fitting if they go that route.

In terms of complexity, yes, and I agree that UW together with FoW, Urgoz and DoA are perfect for raid content. But in terms of gameplay, I'm afraid GW2 raid UW will be watered down chain of bosses with some bonus events that will never be similar to the experience of GW1 UW. Also, Dhumm.

Archived