I'm trying to pick a fight with mesmer mains in this thread.

Jk I love y'all-

but I need to know why this pattern has been running the length of the game. 

When chrono came out, it had uninteractive bunker builds that caused culling issues. 

When Mirage came out, chrono took a back seat (tead: 'got axed off the face of the earth') and Mirage picked up build variants that were perpetually invulnerable.

Now Virtuoso is out, Mirage is axed, and Virtuoso is the perpetually invulnerable spec.

I can't believe this isn't on purpose. Who's ensuring mes has at least one invuln spec throughout balancing patches? 👀

It's not like every mes spec is annoying or frustrating or requires the destruction of horticruxes to deal with, but why is there always one that roleplays as a brick wall? And virt wasn't like that initially, it was made so through deliberate inclusion of distortion to a class that has a plethora of blocks.

I'm not suggesting nerfs just.. pattern kind of strangely hand-holdy, I guess? Maybe I'm biased? Who knows~

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
Mobile formatting
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Distortion should be channelled like obsidian flesh, elixir S, renewed focus

Distortion is mesmers only instant oh f*** button aside from blink if taken. 

If mirage got their second dodge back they'd be right back in the picture with virt, and bunker Chrono is meta right now. Only core and mirage are slightly behind. Core just lacks sustain and defense but still has mad outplay potential 

• Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I was hoping you'd accuse mesmer mains of something that the devs did... best way to start a fight where everyone is wrong. Now I made this popcorn for nothing. -.-

Nah I won't be obtuse this time, I'm just pointing out the funny thing everyone already knows. 

It's Friday, no drama on friday. 

Those are the lazy mesmer builds though. Power mesmer is still around even if its not for everyone, fighting it is a blast.

Yeah but like you only see one power mes for every 10 virtuoso pressing blade renewal every time you get close to them -~- 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

It's kinda sad because Power Mes is really fun, and I actually used to climb with core mes when I was in my mesmer mood. It actually got pretty high up before balance changes swept through and made it literally impossible to play the build anymore. Core is fun. Straightforward, to the point, can do what the others can do but the sad thing is, is that it doesn't have the same defenses/sustain/ocrap buttons to keep it in the loop.

Ashame. I honestly feel Mesmer can have healthy builds if they actually treated core a bit better and then tweak the more degen stuff/giving back proper tools.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You do holy work with the idea behind this thread, respect 🙏

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah I won't be obtuse this time, I'm just pointing out the funny thing everyone already knows. 

It's Friday, no drama on friday. 

It's also St. Patty's Day, think about the state a lot of people are going to be in later on tonight. There will be drama on Friday 😄

And if not, there definitely will be once I suggest going for ALL of mesmer's second dodges, and not just on the mirages. Oh yes. I believe in this. Your days; as well as your dodges, are both numbered mesmer mains. Beware, the nerf father cometh.

devs have this idea that mesmer is not allowed to heal themselves.
so if they wanna make mesmer survivable they give them dodge/invuln/block, and as if any all or nothing mechanics, you either have enough and are immortal, or dont and flop dead.
Personally I think getting aegis on every F skill use to be idiotic but what do I know

• Confused 1