Another reset, another time of being unable to play

Sure it's 3 blobs in a border, sure it's many people, but how do you expect the people to find it fun when there is a 5 second delay globally?

People wanna do some big fights at some point during the week and it's usually reset. 

These servers are so terrible that even 2 zergs using skills at once destroys the whole engagement.

Will this cornerstone truly ever receive proper maintainance? Or will you keep chewing on the alliance bs as the be-all and end-all of fixing wvw?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

It has always amazed me that

1. People enjoy playing at 10FPS so much for whatever reason that they will purposely look for only this type of content.
  2. ArenaNet has gotten complaints about lag in WVW for years, but has done nothing. Instead they push balance towards favoring comp builds, full squads, and map blobs which makes the lag problem worse. The roamer meta used to be power builds, now it is Cele or Minstrel so you can survive long enough to call mapchat for 3 people.
  3. Mounts have not been nerfed. 95% of builds cannot escape a larger group that is repeatedly lancing and dismounting on them one at a time, then going out of combat and doing it again because mount is faster than players. This phenomenon alone is so beyond stupid that it is still in the game, and it is actually braindead that the devs don't see a problem with this.

These problems have basically ruined WVW. Players that somehow enjoy playing Microsoft PowerPoint and ArenaNet addressing the lag and blob problem with a general attitude of  'just go out there and zerg bro, WVWers want giant fights only, because when we actually play this mode all we do is zerg on Maguuma'. Mounts making it so unless you are on the fastest/stealthiest classes, you are literally dead the second you encounter a larger group.

Really, the main zerg audience of the game and the devs deserve each other since their negative IQs probably match.

Edited by kooldude.7260
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

The only way to get change is to stop playing. I know, 1 against the masses does nothing. But if everyone who complained *did*...

It won't happen though. So get used to it. Also, spend gems move to smaller server 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asterix.9614 said:

Maybe change your setting or get faster internet connection. Also, don't connect too many things to your wifi that helped my fps a lot. Like there was 30-40fps difference 🙂

It was server-wide, not a client issue. Whole blobs were complaining. Literal global lag, awful stuff lasting for hours.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Brah this is one of best performing large scale pvp games I’ve played. I get slight lag maybe once a week during reset. As for low fps it’s still playable with everything on max. It’s a 10 year old mmo it’s not going to run great. Did anyone play ESO? The servers where horrible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Careful what you ask for, the only thing they've been able to do in the past to deal with the lag, is reduce the player cap per maps. So you'll get less players into the game/more queue's. Imagine how salty players get when they have even less off a chance to join EBG.

They reduced target caps across the board too, fewer calculations. Condi's dumped in the shutter, boon strips gone, yay! Fewer calculations. Moved to AWS! God save the Queen! Fewer err... calculations but only on the financial side because they gotta watch the Bills.

And then brain fart, they reworked character stats and added even more (ferocity, expertise, concentration) and why stop there Susan? Oh no, let's add moar boons! (resolution, resistance, quickness, alacrity) and rework stability and have on swap, on Crit, on interrupt, on flanking, on this and that everything runes and sigils and let's throw in objective bonuses and my god - scaling objective rewards!

Every kittening attempt to neuter the server side calculations get taken into the backyard and shot unceremoniously.

Honestly, it's a miracle that we're even able to play WvW at all. Those first few years of lag were brutal and I never want that back again.

Bit of a mad tangent, my apologies.

Thing is this: technology has moved ahead from 2012 by leaps and bounds, and whilst care can be taken to optimise server load as much as possible from a code and architectural perspective, at some point you have to get a bigger cloud instance and kitten gets expensive fast as those virtual Mama's start scaling up - and that I'm sorry to say is not in their best interests, more so with Wvw because outside of transfers they've failed to monetise it at all.

Want proof of that? Hop into a dead PvE map and see how fast it asks you to go to a populated instance (with a reward attached for better incentive) because every second that virtual instance is spun up costs Anet money. And money is what makes the world go round.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

skill lag has been a thing since relink and not just on reset 

the consensus is that it is likely the changes to chrono with the invulnerable phantasms and/or rise minions or a combination of the 2

had skill lag fighting a single blob on a wed in NA servers

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1