Observation: game is completely dead from toxicity

RedAvenged.5217

Been here for a few years. Even though pro scene went away the community itself killed what was left.

there used to be many variants of friendly inhouses, discords, guilds and communities. But over the past few years this has whittled down to literally zero.

groups of wintraders and toxic players were always the cause. Hell they hired cmc with the pretense that they would clean up pvp and had to stop the project because they ran a discord full of threats and idiocy.

there have been multiple events even where many ppl join but no one plays because it is full of toxic players.

anyways the little bit of the game that was alive in the past few years has fully and completely died- because of the bad members of the community killing the game for everyone else 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 4

They didn't just ruin the game. Arenanet gave the worst of us everything they every wanted, only encouraging them to act more and more selfishly and depraved, until they were turned into nothing but funny-speaking, jaded clout-chasing egomaniacs that should have been banned 10 times over. Hardware ID, IP, and on every single alt account they popped up on.

But no. They got caught wintrading? 1 alt given dishonour, 3 month ban, and you can keep all the things you wintraded for.

They put their faith in the wrong people, their chips in the wrong basket. Nobody respects the uppity wintraders or "top players" that scummed their way to top and Arenanet's repeated promotion and favoritism towards that very same, immeasurably tiny demographic.
This game deserves its failure, and I hope afterwards the same fake top players that killed this game can't find another low population game to pretend to be good at, at the expense of everyone else playing. 

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Untrue. Bad combat system management and sPvP systems management is what has led to this.

Anet didn’t kill all in game events.

the combat system in this game is actually really good. People would play it as a casual game.

but it’s no casual game for most people anymore

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Been here for a few years. Even though pro scene went away the community itself killed what was left.

there used to be many variants of friendly inhouses, discords, guilds and communities. But over the past few years this has whittled down to literally zero.

groups of wintraders and toxic players were always the cause. Hell they hired cmc with the pretense that they would clean up pvp and had to stop the project because they ran a discord full of threats and idiocy.

there have been multiple events even where many ppl join but no one plays because it is full of toxic players.

anyways the little bit of the game that was alive in the past few years has fully and completely died- because of the bad members of the community killing the game for everyone else 

"If You Could Only See In The Mirror What I see"

Throughout the years, I met many Toxic players especially in PvP. They all summed the same word, "Report me, Anet does not care to make PvP fun so why should I care" 

Can we honestly Blame them for their behaviors, actions, exploits, cheating and their Toxic attitude for pointing at Anet?

I am not Sympathizing Toxicy, I am saying when Toxicity sees no learned lessons, sees no lessons applications, sees no consequences , sees no discipline, sees no changes...it will reflect back to the one/s who allows it to continue.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"If You Could Only See In The Mirror What I see"

Throughout the years, I met many Toxic players especially in PvP. They all summed the same word, "Report me, Anet does not care to make PvP fun so why should I care" 

Can we honestly Blame them for their behaviors, actions, exploits, cheating and their Toxic attitude for pointing at Anet?

I am not Sympathizing Toxicy, I am saying when Toxicity sees no learned lessons, sees no lessons applications, sees no consequences , sees no discipline, sees no changes...it will reflect back to the one/s who allows it to continue.

Yeah this is true- they failed to do anything about cheating.

im just saying it was the community that actually did it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Yeah this is true- they failed to do anything about cheating.

im just saying it was the community that actually did it

Yesterday, I was in a PvP match with the same 5 players in 8 games

PvP Community are against Toxicity. The declining of PvP population and their concerns on the forums.. reflects their disappointment, dissatisfaction with how Toxicity has ruined their experiences

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

People would play it as a casual game.

but it’s no casual game for most people anymore

So when people use this argument it seems for all the world like they are telling others to forgive the game for not being as good as it could be because "it's just a game man, relax." Don't take anything in this game seriously. Don't enjoy the game by putting thought into it and engaging in it's systems. Turn off your brain and mash buttons. Bask in the warm glow of big numbers and pretty colors. The game FEELS good to play on a moment-to-moment basis so what does it matter if there are only 1/3 of the skills and traits are useable in any real capacity. What does it matter that the things that ARE useable are only that way because of how degenerately designed they are. We will just take GW2 and set it on the mantle. It doesn't need to DO anything, just be a lovely little conversation starter. That's what I see when I see that sentiment. If you mean something different, help me understand please.

• Confused 1

As far as the toxicity thing is concerned. Anet can't remove the toxicity in the playerbase. HOWEVER, Anet CAN reduce player frustration by improving the clarity and design of the game. Players for the most part only lash out with toxicity when they are frustrated by a perceived or real lack of control or fairness.

For instance, players can only solo and Duo queue for Ranked atm. This means that a solo player is only 10% of the effect in any single game and 20% if a they are duo queued. And when the rewards for losing are so much less than that of the winners, players will understandably feel quite frustrated when they feel like they played well and contributed a lot only to lose. This is compounded by the fact that players lose rank faster with a loss than they gain with a win. Additionally it's quite frustrating when one build can easily crush another with cheese even when both are well designed and players are of similar skill. Also the new player experience in PvP is the worst it's ever been imo. New players frequently jump into "Equalized sPvP" where "gear doesn't matter" not realizing that they need to equip some basic gear that they can't afford at level 2. They get destroyed because they have no armor, teammates flame them, they leave sPvP forever thinking they just suck and it's not for them. The list goes on. So, as before, most of the toxicity you encounter is due to completely preventable interactions.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

As far as the toxicity thing is concerned. Anet can't remove the toxicity in the playerbase. HOWEVER, Anet CAN reduce player frustration by improving the clarity and design of the game. Players for the most part only lash out with toxicity when they are frustrated by a perceived or real lack of control or fairness.

For instance, players can only solo and Duo queue for Ranked atm. This means that a solo player is only 10% of the effect in any single game and 20% if a they are duo queued. And when the rewards for losing are so much less than that of the winners, players will understandably feel quite frustrated when they feel like they played well and contributed a lot only to lose. This is compounded by the fact that players lose rank faster with a loss than they gain with a win. Additionally it's quite frustrating when one build can easily crush another with cheese even when both are well designed and players are of similar skill. Also the new player experience in PvP is the worst it's ever been imo. New players frequently jump into "Equalized sPvP" where "gear doesn't matter" not realizing that they need to equip some basic gear that they can't afford at level 2. They get destroyed because they have no armor, teammates flame them, they leave sPvP forever thinking they just suck and it's not for them. The list goes on. So, as before, most of the toxicity you encounter is due to completely preventable interactions.

Bro you really think people are toxic because of anet?

they are toxic because they have a crappy life and take it out on random people in a video game.

Imagine thinking a cure for toxicity is somehow getting a massive pro league and paying people for toxicity to make them happy.

it’s meme worthy

1 minute ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

they are toxic because they have a crappy life and take it out on random people in a video game.

Imagine thinking a cure for toxicity is somehow getting a massive pro league and paying people for toxicity to make them happy.

it’s meme worthy

I don't know what you're saying anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

it’s meme worthy

Let me ask you a question: do you play other games including fighting, sports, rpg, racing etc.. games?

Toxicity isn’t the only reason, but is definitely part of the problem. The reporting tool is something that I believe anet needs to address first, before trying to fix anything else.

the problem with that is it isn’t easy to develop a system for reporting because it’s hard to prove certain behaviors. There isn’t a one size fits all solution and anet probably doesn’t have the human resources to handle tickets from PvP.

You can’t track boosting since you can just hide your IP.

You can’t automatically track afking since they could just move every now and then to circumvent it.

You can’t really prove wintrading except maybe investigating suspicious win rates but then they would need to build a case against someone and track data overtime to prove it, which isn’t worth an employees time if they have 1000 more tickets that day.

I think the best thing they could do is eliminate chances for people to have toxic behavior. I think removing chat during a match would reduce the amount of tickets they receive. As far as afking goes, they need to implement a stricter policy and investigate individuals with multiple reports for it over a certain time period.

Anet has its work cut out for them and I hope some of the resource reallocation they did went towards updating their policies and having a scalable way to enforce them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Toxicity isn’t the only reason, but is definitely part of the problem. The reporting tool is something that I believe anet needs to address first, before trying to fix anything else.

They do need to fix the reporting tool, I agree.
Not only do they not take PvP reports seriously; they make it blatantly obvious that they don't, because the option to even report someone for PvP-related ToS violations is in the match it happens in, otherwise, better luck next time when you remember to report them and then your report doesn't do anything.

the problem with that is it isn’t easy to develop a system for reporting because it’s hard to prove certain behaviors. There isn’t a one size fits all solution and anet probably doesn’t have the human resources to handle tickets from PvP.

Its really not that hard to prove. Most the people who engage in Match Manipulation today are the same people that did so like 7 years ago. Most of them have been caught before and let off the hook because Arenanet is partnered with and/or promotes them and their content.

To identify most of the hardcore match manipulation in sPvP, the investigation would play more like "Who's That Pokémon?!"

Its already painfully obvious who it is, it's literally just putting a name to a wintrader, which Arenanet has outlawed and made illegal.

And if they're still hell-bent on ignoring the problem due to how difficult it would be to fix, then they could take away DuoQ and the other harmful yet essential tools they use in match manipulation.

You can’t track boosting since you can just hide your IP.

And you can't effectively boost when you can't teamstack and the teams are more balanced. IE SoloQ.

You can’t automatically track afking since they could just move every now and then to circumvent it.

Yes actually, you can and Arenanet can right now. CmC is always going on about analyzing and pulling data from PvP matches which means he can see the exact stats and specifics of every single PvP match, provided he knew what he was looking for.

If someone contributes nothing or abnormally little to a game, that would be a safe and obvious indicator of AFKing, and I would assume if CmC can do this, then this a tool available to most, if not all Arenanet staff.

You can’t really prove wintrading except maybe investigating suspicious win rates but then they would need to build a case against someone and track data overtime to prove it, which isn’t worth an employees time if they have 1000 more tickets that day.

They should consolidate all of this into 1 singular, permanent report option: PvP Match Manipulation and then do their job and look into the reports on a case-by-case basis. Heck, they used to have a very solid and capable support/community team that was more than capable. It's callous negligence is what it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Naru and Nos have called me racial slurs and to WOAH 👀 because we lost the first team fight before. Anet also promotes both of them. 

And those 2 are fairly middling when it comes to rank into the Wintrading Cartel. They get worse, and if you say anything to defend yourself, you are the bad guy, in all cases.

To even name the faces of your tormentors you have violated Arenanet's 'no name-shaming' rule.
Which is a rule. I've seen AFKers draw strange-looking windmills on the map while they sit there harassing their team about how they're the Second Coming of Babylon, and then one brave soul took it to the forums to report it got warning points for harassment and racism. 🤪

• Like 4

On 3/26/2023 at 1:25 AM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

They didn't just ruin the game. Arenanet gave the worst of us everything they every wanted, only encouraging them to act more and more selfishly and depraved, until they were turned into nothing but funny-speaking, jaded clout-chasing egomaniacs that should have been banned 10 times over. Hardware ID, IP, and on every single alt account they popped up on.

But no. They got caught wintrading? 1 alt given dishonour, 3 month ban, and you can keep all the things you wintraded for.

They put their faith in the wrong people, their chips in the wrong basket. Nobody respects the uppity wintraders or "top players" that scummed their way to top and Arenanet's repeated promotion and favoritism towards that very same, immeasurably tiny demographic.
This game deserves its failure, and I hope afterwards the same fake top players that killed this game can't find another low population game to pretend to be good at, at the expense of everyone else playing. 

"A big fish in a small pond", as they say. Hah! Gotta love it. "Top Players(tm)" basically rigged the chessboard. Why strive for better when you could just farm unsuspecting newbies here? There's not enough veterans and people in the middle keeping this thing afloat.

I've supposed heard that gw2 has "the best mmo pvp". If that IS true, then I'd shudder to see what the worst is! lmao! Only gw2 can sell the Deadeye specialization in competitive modes with a straight face. And yes, gw2 pvp deserves to fail. I will get the kindling!

Meanwhile, I will be playing Age of Empires 2. mmos are SOOOOOOO done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1