Failed the Playerbase

Jaising.7253

8 minutes ago, Luranni.9470 said:

Almost like.... they failed the playerbase? *gasp!*

Did someone say they didn't?

On exploits in WvW, yea it looks bad.  As for using hacks though?  Not every teleport is a hack.  Some players can easily get desynced and I'm sure they get reported for hacking.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It does seem that the game does favor the player who is desynced (they end up being elsewhere compared to where the game and other players think they are, and that might also mean they don't take damage).

It would not surprise me if someone has come up with a cheat (exploit?) to fake desyncing - a smart packet inspector could be programmed to drop/delay a certain number of a certain type of packets.  Eg, I press a magic button, and it delays the packets from the client to the server about my characters movements by 1 second for a brief amount of time.

And such behavior can be really hard to spot vs the person actually having a flaky connection.  While it may suck for players on bad connections getting killed due to that, that is probably fairer than the other players on the map not being able to do something to that player.

• Like 3

I've been playing this game for a decade. Over the past year or so I've noticed an extreme uptick in cheating. I see the gliding in incorrect colored zones which is a little irritating. One that I really hate is teleporting across the map, and I'm not talking about a normal teleportation skill that has cooldowns. That really F'in ticks me off.  Those are a couple of the old hacks that I still witness on a regular basis, especially the teleporting one and especially since this so-called wvw update. I have personally witnessed this one twice in the last week from Gate of Madness players.

Ever since the wvw update I've noticed a lot of players able to single-handedly drop 7 or 8 people, each player being downed and KO'ed in seconds. I stand off to the side when I see this and highlight the cheater so I can just watch their health and buffs without being interrupted. It's always the same, all the time, one cheater is being hit by a group of people and their health never drops below 3/4 and their buffs appear to be permanent.  Through most of the fight their health is pegged at max and doesn't budge, obviously due to their never-ending buffs. Yet they also have so much DPS that they can drop half a dozen people in 30 seconds or less. This is not right, for whatever reason, whether intentionally cheating or a person's potentially poor network connection.

It is impossible for a single player of any class and traits combination to have invulnerability AND that much DPS at the same time without cheating (period) Or at least that is how it should be, because most games call that GOD mode.

Unfortunately, the developers don't give a **** and it shows. It's time to find a different game because this one really sux due to the developers allowing rampant game hacks, including intentional network manipulation, something that would be very easy to deal with using policy. Yet, they don't care.  **** on em!

As for policy, if you have a high and/or jittery ping then you KO yourself by default the second you connection breaks a certain threshold. Ruber-banding would end up with cheaters laying on the ground dead and unable to get up until they reboot the game. At that point the game sends a dump to the developers with the appropriately needed and time stamped information. The developers would then analyze the dump and take the appropriate action. If repeated dumps are collected from the player, they may be banned from both pvp and wvw modes of the game for up to 6 months.

Other games intentionally don't let you stay connected if your connection has high levels of jitter. Because YOU WRECK THE GAME FOR ALL THOSE AROUND YOU.

And that's why after 10 years and all the expansions, I am deleting this P.O.S.   anet, you truly have failed your customers. You need to stick to PVE if you don't have the brains or balls to deal with cheaters appropriately. Because ignoring them isn't dealing with them. 

Willingly allowing cheaters in your game only emboldens them to just do it more, and more of them do it. Keep it up and nobody will want to play your game anymore. Because once the word gets out, only cheaters will want to play this P.O.S. and once that happens, you might as well shut down your servers because they empty out on their own shortly after that.

PC:

window 10

Core I7 9700k

asus 390 mobo

32mb corsair extreme 

gtx 1660 ti with 6gb dedicated ram.

High efficiency 750watt PS 

Network:

50mbps down, 12mpbs up

ping 21 ms

jitter 10ms

In game graphical settings all set to low for performance to have a completely smooth 60fps experience at all times during battle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 1:22 AM, Jaising.7253 said:

I've unistalled this game hopefully for the last time.  This company won't allow you to resport player names and guilds that actively cheat every day and night.  There are websites that promote all of the cheating trainer hacks that players abuse in the WvW to win at any cost.  This company deletes every post I call out about cheating claiming its not construtive. 

No this company has chosen to turn a blind eye to the cheating and invest  0 dollars into this game mode/ its dead.

Where are the bans and updates on the hacking into keeps/towers every day/ even from my own team which I report as well?

Where is the counter to the  new improved Tyria hack that allows players to port at will/see invis players/ run at top speed and much much more?????

Where is the accountability for cheating>?

When 2 players can  kill 8 in secs and use CC knockdowns with no  cooldowns to accomplish this, its time to move on to other pvp games that DO NOT ALLOW cheating.

This game is on fumes and wvw is a complete joke to any real gamer.

Time to reveal the true nature of the sad and pathetic state of gw2 and its ridiculous haven for cheaters.

This company ruined a once honerable game mode and you lost a valuable customer.

You had years and years to stop the cheating, your company and its policies are flawed and outdated like your game.

Its especially toxic in current t1 matchup, one server, i doubt u need to guess which one is doing everything under the sun, from speed hacks to stealth, teleports and other kitten their classes should not be able to do, its so blatant that its surreal.

Lads also one shoting thru distortions, pulling thru stability and so on.

Hand revive hacking, class spoofing or some kitten like that when they switch between eng, reaper, and elementalist at will, its like circus for real, and so open that u just need to spend an hour actively in ebg and i can bet u see at least 100 exploits being performed when u follow their blobs. 

Reporting with video footage never did a thing, and im not talking about thief porting into towers or walls, i assume thats a feature and just skilled trick jumping, not an exploit worth reporting, im talking about actual hardcore exploit that is obvious to everyone without any doubt that its "hacking", ANET simply does not care. 

I play this game for this game mode specifically now as i reached absolute endgame in pve, still i spend money on game to support devs, i have fun playing it, but these days when i get reminded of sad state in care of playerbase is days when i want to uninstall it and never install it again. 

The exploits for wvw is 5$ in popular pvp game exploit forum, and its been sold from time memorial, i think its just gw2 wvw team members selling it on the side or smtg, hence nothing is ever done about any of exploits. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Its especially toxic in current t1 matchup, one server, i doubt u need to guess which one is doing everything under the sun, from speed hacks to stealth, teleports and other kitten their classes should not be able to do, its so blatant that its surreal.

Lads also one shoting thru distortions, pulling thru stability and so on.

Hand revive hacking, class spoofing or some kitten like that when they switch between eng, reaper, and elementalist at will, its like circus for real, and so open that u just need to spend an hour actively in ebg and i can bet u see at least 100 exploits being performed when u follow their blobs. 

Reporting with video footage never did a thing, and im not talking about thief porting into towers or walls, i assume thats a feature and just skilled trick jumping, not an exploit worth reporting, im talking about actual hardcore exploit that is obvious to everyone without any doubt that its "hacking", ANET simply does not care. 

I play this game for this game mode specifically now as i reached absolute endgame in pve, still i spend money on game to support devs, i have fun playing it, but these days when i get reminded of sad state in care of playerbase is days when i want to uninstall it and never install it again. 

The exploits for wvw is 5$ in popular pvp game exploit forum, and its been sold from time memorial, i think its just gw2 wvw team members selling it on the side or smtg, hence nothing is ever done about any of exploits. 

This is the word of mouth advertisement that Anet want the playerbase to tell the world about Guild Wars 2. That they Tolerate and Promote Exploits, Cheats and Hacks with making exceptions to Thief Profession to Exploit, Hack and Cheat freely with Stealth Mechanic without Consequences.

So, let it be

"“Word-of-mouth marketing has always been important. Today it’s more powerful than ever because of the power of the Internet.”

"It is obvious that negative word-of-mouth is devastating to your company, but what can be done to avoid it? The truth is, not much. Some believe a way to prevent negative word-of-mouth is to constantly promote your business via positive word-of-mouth. In fact, that could be just as damaging to your business as negative word-of-mouth if carried out in the wrong way. Any positive word-of-mouth that is flawed and gives incorrect information misleads customers, allowing the chance for negative word-of-mouth."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

the problem is in this game, like every online game, players see stuff like permastealth, portal usage, chaining 2-3 teleports together and other broken builds and assume cheating. in reality, they just don't have the capacity to understand how players manage those things, and automatically turn to cheating as the cause.

i would say that 9/10 reports of cheating are probably just a lack of understanding of game mechanics, and unfortunately arenanet has to shift through all these reports that flood their inboxes and it makes it really hard to catch real usage of cheat tools (hacks, macros and so on) or in-game exploits.

the actual cheaters are always really easy to notice; they'll be underground, or look like they're lagging alot, and so on. its not subtle, at all.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the problem is in this game, like every online game, players see stuff like permastealth, portal usage, chaining 2-3 teleports together and other broken builds and assume cheating. in reality, they just don't have the capacity to understand how players manage those things, and automatically turn to cheating as the cause.

i would say that 9/10 reports of hacking are probably just a lack of understanding of game mechanics, and unfortuantely arenanet has to shift through all these reports that flood their inboxes and it makes it really hard to catch real usage of cheat tools (hacks, macros and so on) or in-game exploits.

the actual cheaters are always really easy to notice; they'll be underground, or look like they're lagging alot, and so on. its not subtle, at all.

Mate, this is completely wrong.

People underground are not hacking. Those are exploiting.

Of course, there is a case where people will call hacks for people simply using ports etc - but its out there. 

Edited by ConorT.5396
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i would say that 9/10 reports of hacking are probably just a lack of understanding of game mechanics, and unfortuantely arenanet has to shift through all these reports that flood their inboxes and it makes it really hard to catch real usage of cheat tools (hacks, macros and so on) or in-game exploits.

I myself in my own experience posted a video of a Thief Profession player in the forum porting through a gate. Then even sent Anet a video of such teaching players how to port through walls and gates.

So let me ask you, what action Anet would take if I were to post such videos on the forum since "9/10 report of hacking are probably just a lack of understand of game mechanics"?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I saw Godzilla Minus One and I will tell you..it was Extrodinary and Great. It bring everything back to its roots and Guild Wars (1) came to mind, What Guild Wars 2 would have been if Anet Respected and Honored everything that made Guild Wars (1) Extrodinary and Great.

Guild Wars 2 is a Fraudulent Imitation of Guild Wars (1) and should be Ashame of Itself and should be forgotten as the next chapter of Guild Wars series and be flagged as Identity Theft

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 2

On 3/26/2023 at 4:03 AM, Silinsar.6298 said:

Most of the times when someone claims another player is hacking they just don't know the trait / skill / rune etc. that is being used. Or it's just a bad connection causing temporary rubberbanding / desync.

I wouldnt bother to much, trying explain stuff like that in a salty post like this. Man it's cringe 🤣

On 3/26/2023 at 12:22 AM, Jaising.7253 said:

When 2 players can  kill 8 in secs and use CC knockdowns with no  cooldowns to accomplish this, its time to move on to other pvp games that DO NOT ALLOW cheating

I mean, wtf? 🤣  It's always the same with this type of salt. At least provide some recordings of these super natural players? But they never do, cause they are cluesless to as what's actually happening. They just get salty cause some players are better then them. And instead of trying to improve, they come in here and complain, and blame anet for their lack of understanding. It's sad. 

Im not saying there isnt cheaters, cause there is. But I have yet to see a player with unlimited cc's and 0 CD's. But if u can provide us with some actual fortage of these players. Im sure the Bois and Gurls will be glad to explain to u, why ur dying in seconds, and why the other players are not cheating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1