There is a cap for daily achievement points?!? wtf

1 minute ago, costepj.5120 said:

Nah - it's basically free AP. If I'm short of time, I cherry pick the 3 easiest dailies and I'm usually done in 5 minutes.

Yeah i get it , i just recently started AP hunting hit my 12k tonight, i was worried there was a cap on all APs

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It doesn't. In both cases new players cannot catch up to old ones, so this argument is pretty much irrelevant to the discussion about the cap. If you want to decide whether it is good or bad for the game, you need to concentrate on other issues, not this one.

I disagree. You seem to think that catching up means maintaining an exactly equal achievement point score.  But a lot of people are there trying to get a reasonable score compared to everyone else, but not necessarily a top score.  Plenty of people would be happy to reach say 40k.  But that's only because the top score is 45k.   That's reasonable. Now if the top score was 60K and they can only reach 40 that's the difference.

I doubt most people are worried about being in the top 100. But that doesn't mean that it's not a bad look for the game, any game, to have numbers that are so high that people can't even get close to.  To you it's not a problem. But since I met at least one person with exactly that problem, I don' t know what to tell you.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It doesn't. In both cases new players cannot catch up to old ones, so this argument is pretty much irrelevant to the discussion about the cap. If you want to decide whether it is good or bad for the game, you need to concentrate on other issues, not this one.

You know we can concentrate on two issues at the same time, right? And in this case that's the way to go about it. Cap is good and should remain. Old achievements' ap which are currently unavailable to new players should be accounted for, which can be done in multiple ways. These are not mutually exclusive, it's not "we can do this or that" issue, both should be focused on. Lifting/increasing daily ap cap would be counterproductive.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 4/7/2023 at 4:43 AM, Avelione.6075 said:

THE COPE IS REAL

(yes, what should be any different? everything is totally ok with everyone.... this is how things should be, let's don't have any thoughts about it ever...)

I think your post above illustrates why a change will never be made.  There is no reason to make a change.  

• Like 2

Difficulty/reward for APs is all over the place.   Some grant a lot of AP for not a lot of effort, and others grant very little AP for effort.  Though I'm at 33K AP, and 15K of those are from dailies, so I do tend to agree - if there was no cap, I'd probably have 20+K from dailies, and it would feel somewhat wrong that more than half of my AP are just from logging in and doing something easy.

• Like 3

Dude, first of all the cap is 15k points, that is if i dont remember bad its like 5 years logging and DOING the daily (5 years x 360 days = 1.800days of life). Even for people that have been active since the game launch that is quite a lot to achive. I mean the grind is real.

Second thing that you dont mention is that this cap gives more importance to PERMANENT achivements rather than doing easy dailys for 45 years consecutive. And it also allow "newer" or "returning players" to catch up.

So let me tell you something, focus on the permanent achivements and other more profitable stuff than dailys.

PD: And i belive that number cap will go to 20k someday.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1