GW2 Installer stops download randomly and for good [Merged]

54 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That sounds like either the IP address was wrong (it changes every once in awhile) or it was truly a bad connection.  Like on Tuesday when the patch hit I was getting HTTP 502 Bad Gateway.  If the IP address is wrong you'll see HTTP 400 error.  You can view these errors in a Gw2.log file that gets generated if you add -log to the command line.  IDK what your level of expertise is with regards to walking you through this.

Yes.  With a command line argument if you want to launch it via Steam or just create a desktop shortcut to launch it outside of Steam.  I let Steam install it on my system and I just use a desktop shortcut.

well it worked out for me i guess im gonna play this game off steam now its all downloaded took me a bit but its good now 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fury.1924 said:

because this is all for nothing even if the steam download works how will i log in my arena net account cause im kitten sure not starting all over

I told you earlier. 

Steam - Library - Guild wars 2 - Right click the game - Properties - Add "-provider Portal" to Launch options - Log in to your arena net account.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slackoth.2108 said:

I told you earlier. 

Steam - Library - Guild wars 2 - Right click the game - Properties - Add "-provider Portal" to Launch options - Log in to your arena net account.

yeah i got thanks man u really saved me haha

• Sad 1

💥IMPORTANT Notice FOR Anyone installing Steam and official GW2 launcher💥

when you delete the steam version GW2 BECAREFUL, because it deleted my GW2 launcher folder too, so if your downloading the dat from steam then copy and pasting it to GW2 official launcher folder, then try to delete the GW2 steam version IT WILL delete that folder too

• Confused 1

I just hate that people need to do things like open the "Properties" and insert commands for the game to work or change internet settings or do other weird tricks to play the game.

It's incredibly annoying and the fact that the team is promoting new in-game fashion items on the gemstore when hundreds of people can't even download the game is just INSANEEE!

I mean i understand the marketing but guys...can't market a broken game, right? 

No news about solving problems just the typically "We know it's there and we'll eventually take care of it" WHEN?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I solved it as follows.

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connection > [Your Ethernet] icon > Right Click > Properties > [QoS packet scheduler] uncheck

it was downloaded at once until the end at a normal high speed.

Edited by kurumihina.9605
  • Confused 2

same issue here. it started at tens of mbs per second, until the "playable"part, now its stuck between 800-0 kb/s, usually 2 kb/s, or even 0 lol. just started installing it today, checked everything, internets good and pc too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucka.9271 said:

same issue here. it started at tens of mbs per second, until the "playable"part, now its stuck between 800-0 kb/s, usually 2 kb/s, or even 0 lol. just started installing it today, checked everything, internets good and pc too.

Download the game from Steam, after the download go to library, select GW2 click properties and add -provider Portal to Launch options, after you do this you can use your gw2 account, not your steam account. If you see the download going back to 0-1kbps just re-open the steam game launcher ( the download progress will remain).  Steam should move faster anyway than the old webpage launcher 

Edited by Riwiz.9423
  • Sad 1

Hello everyone,

I deleted the game yesterday because i wanted to clean everything on my laptop. 
But the problem is now i wanted to reinstall Guildwars 2 and its stopping with downloading at 13% everytime.
then its not going further. I deleted the game now many times and tryed to reinstall but its not working.
Does anyone know what i must do?
I sended a ticket to Anet but they dont know it either.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/8HA67lK this worked for me!
Thank you Chaba

Greetings

Edited by MagicCatt.9068
Solved
  • Confused 1

This is really frustrating. Not being able to download at all. And whatever I do, it won't download. And all they are saying is that they're working in it...... can't play at all. Fun times. I think i'll take a look back at WOW. 😤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kashina.5816 said:

This is really frustrating. Not being able to download at all. And whatever I do, it won't download. And all they are saying is that they're working in it...... can't play at all. Fun times. I think i'll take a look back at WOW. 😤

I know it is very frustrating, I had it completely downloaded and working until Yesterday when I decided to wipe my PC, now I get some of the game downloaded then it stops just shy of playable.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WhoopDozzle.3259 said:

Not too sure what happened or why it's even working now, but I changed the language settings on the launcher and now it's working for me, it made it passed the halfway mark and is playable now. 🤨

Switching the language on the launcher forces it to reset it's connection to the patching servers not unlike restarting the launcher.  Some people have luck with that method.

I just downloaded in new PC too last night. Download a lot, but still had a ton to download. Went to less than 1mb to 0 and never would download fast. Funny thing is I just hit play and there is enough downloaded it has never asked me once to download content during game. I figure at some point it might just download everything fast again.

• Haha 1

Just adding to the noise here, but I am having the same issue and did the IP change stuff etc etc. Just wanted to remark that after sending a ticket it and see if they had any more direct insight after sending my logs - they basically told me "Yeah we know, anyway keep trying to restart it until it works" as they work on a fix.