PvP WvW Soulbeast & Druid Guides

Trevor Boyer.6524

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 4:20 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I'm new in Druid and after seeing your recommend celestial I'm more confused than ever.

I play a trapper druid with trailblazer gear and apothecary trinkets. I love the trap playstyle, but when i join the zerg I also enjoyed healing people. What i noticed is in zerg my damage is low, so I was planning to switch to cleric+magi+monk runes to keep my heals but also do a bit more damage with a longbow or axes, but I'lose the traps

Now I dont know if cele would be good for roaming and zerg or Is better to have the 2 different sets.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I'm new in Druid and after seeing your recommend celestial I'm more confused than ever.

You use all stats from cele, which makes it better than alternatives, due to nearly double combined stats.
Two different sets are better for one task, but cele does two tasks at ~75% efficiency.
You can heal and deal meaningful damage, while also being tanky.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I play a trapper druid with trailblazer gear and apothecary trinkets. I love the trap playstyle, but when i join the zerg I also enjoyed healing people. What i noticed is in zerg my damage is low, so I was planning to switch to cleric+magi+monk runes to keep my heals but also do a bit more damage with a longbow or axes, but I'lose the traps

Now I dont know if cele would be good for roaming and zerg or Is better to have the 2 different sets.

I'd say two different sets. 

The power, ferocity, precision, etc. from cele are useless on a roaming druid, so you are better off with Trail/Apoc there. 

Traps are debatable, in place of trapper runes / traps I run anti-toxin but that's more of a personal preference.

For zerging, could just go minstrel and change up entire kit to healing, as ancient seed / immob there is pretty non-factor.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I'd say two different sets. 

The power, ferocity, precision, etc. from cele are useless on a roaming druid, so you are better off with Trail/Apoc there. 

Traps are debatable, in place of trapper runes / traps I run anti-toxin but that's more of a personal preference.

For zerging, could just go minstrel and change up entire kit to healing, as ancient seed / immob there is pretty non-factor.  

I dont pretend to be a pure healer. I want to provide healings to the group but also pewpew somebody. Like a backline healer that is attacking long range with longbow. The boring minstrel with zero damage doesnt appeal to me. That's why I was planning mixing cleric+magi.

18 minutes ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I dont pretend to be a pure healer. I want to provide healings to the group but also pewpew somebody. Like a backline healer that is attacking long range with longbow. The boring minstrel with zero damage doesnt appeal to me. That's why I was planning mixing cleric+magi.

Longbow is pretty useless in zergfights, due to an overabundance of projectile hate. Shure, you can drop a barrage here and there to tag bodies, but you won't be able to deal any meaningful dmg on druid, no matter your gear. Full heal (with some immob here and there) is the only useful option for druid in zerg fights.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

…. Thank you very much for the guides! It’s been really useful for People trying to learn a the class (as I’m doing now 😅

It help me to improve my knowledge and understand the limitation of Sic’em SB but by surprise I’ve got hit by the Rabid Druid and I’m loving it so much that now I can’t progress with the other build 😂

Sad hear that you are leaving… hope see u back soon 👍🏼

Edited by ApaWanka.2698