Impossible to land 100 blades, it needs to be reworked on the next patch.

Hitman.5829

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Zefrost.3425 said:The only reason 100 blades cannot be landed is because the other classes have been powercreeped up the kitten which is why this games PvP is a joke.

Example:Break stun on dodge roll

K, balanced

Sorry but you cant really say anything when you have insane amounts of CC, blocks, passive regen, mobility and everything else. Warrior is INSANELY strong when it comes to WvW at the very least and buffing them for PvP would only lead to them being even more broken when it comes to fighting the boring as hell block spam, immune spam Zerk warriors who have more health, armor and regen than even bunker builds have...

Power creep was needed because the original poweercreep class Warrior was near unkillable. I mean they still are with all the blocks, defense, passive regen, mobility and all of that while being zerk built and STILL having more armor and health than most other classes.

More armor and health.. lol are you still living in 2012? Guardian has less health. Is it less bunky? Does it do lower dmg? Dont think so

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"nicknamenick.2437" said:More armor and health.. lol are you still living in 2012? Guardian has less health. Is it less bunky? Does it do lower dmg? Dont think so

The difference is, a Full Zerk Guardian doesnt have any bunker-ability. The same cant be said for a "full Zerk" Warrior can still have more than 2,500Armour and 19k health. Add in the constant blocks, passive regen, mobility, insane damage and everything else. I cant think of another class in the game that can be FULL zerk and yet still be able to just spam defenses and walk through a zerg and live. I cant think of another class that can be FULL zerk and still be near impossible to kill because of the insane health, armour, regen and everything else.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

@Zefrost.3425 said:The only reason 100 blades cannot be landed is because the other classes have been powercreeped up the kitten which is why this games PvP is a joke.

K, balanced

Sorry but you cant really say anything when you have insane amounts of CC, blocks, passive regen, mobility and everything else. Warrior is INSANELY strong when it comes to WvW at the very least and buffing them for PvP would only lead to them being even more broken when it comes to fighting the boring as hell block spam, immune spam Zerk warriors who have more health, armor and regen than even bunker builds have...

Power creep was needed because the original poweercreep class Warrior was near unkillable. I mean they still are with all the blocks, defense, passive regen, mobility and all of that while being zerk built and STILL having more armor and health than most other classes.

More armor and health.. lol are you still living in 2012? Guardian has less health. Is it less bunky? Does it do lower dmg? Dont think so

Go play an ele or thief with zerker amulet in pvp. Higher armor and HP pool does matter. Low armor/HP does limit your choices by a lot.The reason why warrior has such high defensive stats is because their spells usually have long animations, 100B is one of them. If wars had quick spells like squishy classes, they would have to say good bye to their defensives. Also, GS is great weapon set, i don't think it really needs buffing.

@Cynz.9437 said:

K, balanced

Go play an ele or thief with zerker amulet in pvp. Higher armor and HP pool does matter. Low armor/HP does limit your choices by a lot.The reason why warrior has such high defensive stats is because their spells usually have long animations, 100B is one of them. If wars had quick spells like squishy classes, they would have to say good bye to their defensives. Also, GS is great weapon set, i don't think it really needs buffing.

It definitely could do with removing the self-root though.

Your target moved a pixel? Ah sorry, you wasted your ability!

Especially annoying when trying to use GS in raids - if the boss moves around (as about half of them do, such as VG) then you're screwed. If they launch and AoE attack? Yeah gotta cancel the entire ability to just walk away. I could understand the ability cancelling when dodging, but just walking? No, the Warrior should keep slashing and hacking away at the enemy!

@Oglaf.1074 said:

K, balanced

Especially annoying when trying to use GS in raids - if the boss moves around (as about half of them do, such as VG) then you're screwed. If they launch and AoE attack? Yeah gotta cancel the entire ability to just walk away. I could understand the ability cancelling when dodging, but just walking? No, the Warrior should keep slashing and hacking away at the enemy!

Well, that is the idea behind 100B. It was meant for rather stationary targets (or CCd for that matter) otherwise it would do way less damage tbh.Every melee spell is affected by it btw. If i use shadowshot, melee portion of it often doesn't connect because target already moved a millimeter or turned around by the time i got teleported to target location.

Also, don't forget, there are other modes than pve. Mobile 100B would be nasty, especially with haste. GS is already meta weaponset for pvp/wvw because it offers so much.

@Cynz.9437 said:

K, balanced

Well, that is the idea behind 100B. It was meant for rather stationary targets (or CCd for that matter) otherwise it would do way less damage tbh.Every melee spell is affected by it btw. If i use shadowshot, melee portion of it often doesn't connect because target already moved a millimeter or turned around by the time i got teleported to target location.

it is an outdated and awful mechanic regardless.

It just makes 100B such an unecessarily royal PITA to use.

Same thing with Sword F1. Thank Gawd that Berserker F1 CAN be cast while moving.

If you remove the root,100b would be insanely OP.I dont think theres anything wrong with the skill.You just have to know when to use it and when not to use it.Its not a skill you randomly pop ( as it should be ) or you be hitting air,you use it after a CC mostly or cleaving on downeds.I do have to add the dmg on downed people when someone is rezzing is not enough when one dh can outheal the dmg you do on the downed guy.Mayb add some extra dmg on people that are downed w/e.In every other situation 100b is fine as it is.

Imagine warri's running around popping 100b while being able to move...I dont know how you people can even suggest things like this.Did you gave it any serious thought ?

I play warri since 2012 as my main.And as much as i do like my class to be buffed,certain suggestions are just laughable.

@Caedmon.6798 said:If you remove the root,100b would be insanely OP

No, no it would not.

It still remains a channeled skill with all the drawbacks that comes with it. If your target simply dodges away once, you wouldn't be able to hit them because you'd have to dodge - thus canceling the skill - to catch up. Any action other than walking cancels channeled skills. The combo of cc+100b would still be necessary in PvP pretty much.

The only thing removing the self-root really does is making the skill a lot more useable in places such PvE (raiding in particular) where you entire skill is often wasted because the mob simply moves an inch and you cannot follow it.

Think before posting.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

No, no it would not.

It still remains a channeled skill with all the drawbacks that comes with it. If your target simply dodges away once, you wouldn't be able to hit them because you'd have to dodge - thus canceling the skill - to catch up. Any action other than walking cancels channeled skills. The combo of cc+100b would still be necessary in PvP pretty much.

The only thing removing the self-root really does is making the skill a lot more useable in places such PvE (raiding in particular) where you entire skill is often wasted because the mob simply moves an inch and you cannot follow it.

Think before posting.

Think about the cooldown length, and the rate at which endurance recovers. Every 8 seconds, dropping damage that will force your opponent to dodge. And if you're running the strength line with the GS trait, that's every 6.5 seconds. That's a good bit faster than the rate at which endurance recovers.Next, factor in the chase capability of the warrior, which is already decent. (Certainly there are other classes with more. But warrior isn't bad at it. Especially for SPvP when control of the point is what matters.)The end result is that fully mobile 100 blades would actually make the warrior insanely powerful. We'd have far too many skills which are crucial to dodge, block, or blind. If 100 blades was to go mobile, then it would need a large nerf in another place. Warrior would simply be too capable of forcing their opponents to run out of endurance in order to survive. Just go 100 blades a couple of times, swap to axe/shield, go for eviscerate, wait a couple of seconds, and then shield bash, followed up by another 100 blades. Your opponent will have been forced to completely eat at least one, likely two of those skills, without highly skillful blinds or blocks.

The argument that the skill is balanced because people can just dodge it and it doesn't do huge amounts completely neglects how valuable of a resource dodging is. There's a reason why people talk about baiting dodges and things like that. Dodges are precious resources, and making 100 blades pretty much always force one, every 6.5-8 seconds is a bit absurd.

@Oglaf.1074 said:That's not my argument.

My argument is that removing the self-root is fine because it would not remove the fact that it is a channeled ability and the inherent drawbacks it comes with.

Agreed. It should be easy to cripple/stun the Warrior in PvP on a 3.5 second cast time. Other classes have skills that you can't keep dodging. Even more so in PvE there doesn't need to be a root with how Axe 5 was buffed

@Oglaf.1074 said:

No, no it would not.

Think before posting.

What drawbacks are u talking about ? You pop 100b and run around like a madman with stabi and resist up...Dont tell me to think before posting when you obviously even dont.I also dont see this from a pve perspective but from a wvw/pvp perspective.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

No, no it would not.

Think before posting.

I also dont see this from a pve perspective but from a wvw/pvp perspective.

Obviously. It is pretty much useless against a good chunk of the raid bosses because the slightest moment (or AoE attack aimed at you - and they spam these) and the skill is canceled and you wasted it.

And as I've said repeatedly, dodging will cancel it as it is a channeled skill - and a melee one at that. Neither Stability or Resistance will change that fact. It would not be hard to avoid at all by an enemy player - all it takes is one dodge and backpeddling and the Warrior cannot reach you because any extra movement other than walking will cancel the attack. The Warrior literally cannot do anything to get within range to use it without canceling the channel.

Think, boi. Think.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

No, no it would not.

Think before posting.

I also dont see this from a pve perspective but from a wvw/pvp perspective.

Obviously. It is pretty much useless against a good chunk of the raid bosses because the slightest moment (or AoE attack aimed at you - and they spam these) and the skill is canceled and you wasted it.

And as I've said repeatedly, dodging will cancel it
as it is a channeled skill
- and a melee one at that. Neither Stability or Resistance will change that fact. It would not be hard to avoid at all by an enemy player - all it takes is one dodge and backpeddling and the Warrior cannot reach you because
any extra movement other than walking will cancel the attack
. The Warrior literally cannot do anything to get within range to use it without canceling the channel.

Think, boi. Think.

Again,im talking about a PVP/WVW perspective,not pve.

I am mostly okay with 100B, if there is room for improvement, i rather there is a short range shock wave created by the swing to increase the attack reach a little, maybe 100~150 unit.The shock wave does 75% damage than the actual swing, so enemy will cannot just move out of the 100B by walk back a little.That's all i want to see. But i am okay if nothing is changed...

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

K, balanced

?????If warrior did not have passive healing what does it have going for it?

If you take away the blocks that they have as a martial class what is left?

You legit have a boring class, no one would play, and everyone would reroll.

Warrior is a solid class, but people trying to vouch or saying they are /too/ strong is ridiculous. They NEED passive healing or else what would they have to heal from? A signet. Okay. A thief or mesmer runs up, dazes you and you wasted your skill. Now what? They don't have the passive healing and they don't have the blocks, now what.

I will say the passive healing should not be over the top like it was at one point, but take it away is gutting a mechanic the class needs to play.

Lots of people want 100 blades to be mobile and others are against it claiming that "if 100 Blades were to be mobile then it would be OP."But the claim that a mobile 100 Blades will be over powered is FALSE because we already have whirling axe which is basically a mobile100 Blades that deals 50% more damage than 100 blades and its not even close to being OP.

With this example I prove to you that a mobile 100 blades will not be OP.Do I want 100 Blades to be mobile? Maybe, but for now all I am asking is for 100 blades to be a decent skill for reasons I already mentioned in the original post.

It's always hilarious to see complaints of other classes being affected by powercreep in the Warrior forum. You guys have played Spellbreaker in WvW/sPvP right?Warrior will continue to be nerfed (hopefully they nerf the right things) and other classes will continue to be nerfed. Sometimes nerfs are needed, even if it affects the class you love.

On topic, a small cast time reduction to hundred blades would be nice but I don't think it needs to be reworked.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Lots of people want 100 blades to be mobile and others are against it claiming that "if 100 Blades were to be mobile then it would be OP."But the claim that a mobile 100 Blades will be over powered is FALSE because we already have whirling axe which is basically a mobile100 Blades that deals 50% more damage than 100 blades and its not even close to being OP.

Offhand axe 5 also has a higher cooldown and you have to give up defense (shield) or mobility (warhorn) for it.

Greatsword already has great cleave abilities and mobility, we can't stack that with whirling axe-like damage.

@BringerOfDefeat.9834 said:At this stage i don't really see much even wrong with 100b. Maybe just reducing the cast time, and adding in a projectile block is all it really needs.

Indeed, a projectile destruction would be consistent with what we have with Flaming Flurry (both in terms of animation and theme). It would give us another tool to deal with projectiles on a largely projectile vulnerable weapon, but the root would hold the power creep in check, as would the unidirectional aspect.

That said, I'm not personally unhappy with the greatsword. All things considered, it's one of our best weapons.

@psizone.8437 said:

@"Zefrost.3425" said:The only reason 100 blades cannot be landed is because the other classes have been powercreeped up the kitten which is why this games PvP is a joke.

It's always hilarious to see complaints of other classes being affected by powercreep in the Warrior forum. You guys have played Spellbreaker in WvW/sPvP right?Warrior will continue to be nerfed (hopefully they nerf the right things) and other classes will continue to be nerfed. Sometimes nerfs are needed, even if it affects the class you love.

warrior won't be nerfed until some other classes have been toned down. sb isn't even part of the meta anymore. sb is just a duelist that doesn't even excel at that role.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23003/why-bring-a-spellbreaker

Offhand axe 5 also has a higher cooldown and you have to give up defense (shield) or mobility (warhorn) for it.

you don't even play warrior. noone uses warhorn anymore since years. it is completely useless from all this powercreep that happened

Greatsword already has great cleave abilities and mobility, we can't stack that with whirling axe-like damage.

and the only "great" cleave ability gs on warrior has is skill 3. hb is a joke of a skill in pvp/wvw and the autoattack of gs has a base dmg of around 700 with full berserker gear and a long windup time (2.4 seconds for the 3 hit chain)

Archived