Alts. need to go

Instead of fiddling around with everyones skills and traits I believe time would be better spent doing something about all the nonproductive alts standing around. They don't defend, don't build or refresh seige, burn thrue supplies, help the opposing server take camps, forts and keeps, clog up the servers coms. and openly show they're for the other side. Then when those tricks don't work they start advocating for character nerfs... Constantly. 

It's as if they take this stuff seriously to heart but whatever do you.

Edited by Widebody.5071
spell check
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Player with alts would log to another account instead of doing nothing.

While alt players tend to log out the instantly there are no fights or commander starts losing, instead of communicating what they want to be done, you cannot blame them for everything.

Sounds more like you're dealing with participation farmers. And 95% of WvW players don't know that siege needs to be refreshed or when to repair: Your expectations from people are too high. It has always been max 5 people on a server that actually refresh siege and bother learning anything beyond following commander or chasing red dots.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Sad 2

So basically you're upset at players for not doing things that don't give rewards, in a video game? Playing the game is only a good reward in itself for the fist few years, after about half a decade or more you want to actually get something out of it to even bother with your time.

Too many called for the removal of rewards from almost everything players could do that didn't involve following a tag as part of a zerg, and now you have it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

I know there are people with 10+ alt accounts.
Also i often see people logged with 8 or more characters  dancing in LA and doing nothing else. 
Now, I have no problem if a person wants to have an alt account. But when I see 10 characters dancing (named choco banana,chocopuff,choco orange,choco muffin....)and doing nothing else, because that's all they can do given the Anet multiboxing policy, it makes me think: what if my server is full and maybe i could get 9 new players in wvw instead of  9 pointless alts dancing just for attention?

And I know for a fact that there is more than one person with more than 5 alt accounts per server

Edited by ilMasa.2546
  • Thanks 1

1. That is not the definition of an alt, an alt account is another account you play whether it is on the same WvW server or on another one.
2. What do you expect people with 10K WVW rank and every WvW title to do besides play an alt? (or go PvE/PvP)
3. Arenanet needs to disconnect people constantly running into a wall for hours because those players are probably not getting pips anyway unless they do something every 10-15 minutes or so. I think you mean afkers not alts.
4. Whether a queue exists impacts how much those afk players affect the matchup. If there is no queue there is negligible effect.
5. A player with accounts on both sides of a matchup and logged into the matchup on multiple accounts from the same device should probably be flagged for match manipulation. There is a rule of one button press per action or something along those lines. Someone multi-boxing probably breaks those rules unless they outright afk on  one logged in account.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1

All I see here is complaining and not even an actual suggestion for a solution.

What does class balancing department even have to do with accounts.

How could they possibly stop players from having multiple accounts on multiple servers?

Lunacy.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

All I see here is complaining and not even an actual suggestion for a solution.

Once it was the developers who had to find the solution to fix their product. Now it's my turn: I bought the game, I bought the expansions, I buy the skins I like... but apparently I also have to fix the game.
But if I have to do their job at least I want a percentage every time someone buys gems 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

sometimes in the middle of zerg fight i need to go wc lay one big egg, but q to the map is like 50 so what, you consider me an alt if i afk 5 minutes?

but what would be usefull is to restrict WvW and PvP access from several alts at the same time, because thats how people manipulate matches, pull tactivators etc

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Once it was the developers who had to find the solution to fix their product. Now it's my turn: I bought the game, I bought the expansions, I buy the skins I like... but apparently I also have to fix the game.
But if I have to do their job at least I want a percentage every time someone buys gems 😛

Yea? And I bought more than one account with expansions.

18 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

WTF are you on about? this isn't like some in game content or skill balance problem.

There is no solution to prevent having additional accounts, no game has a solution to this other than locking accounts to servers and having no transfers, which still isn't a solution. Not even locking f2p accounts will work. Maybe they can hilariously go the Overwatch route and lock one account to a phone number, but why would any company try to stop additional sales of their product.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

WTF are you on about? this isn't like some in game content or skill balance problem.

There is no solution to prevent having additional accounts, no game has a solution to this other than locking accounts to servers and having no transfers, which still isn't a solution. Not even locking f2p accounts will work. Maybe they can hilariously go the Overwatch route and lock one account to a phone number, but why would any company try to stop additional sales of their product.

While I do not agree with the thread there is a way to prevent additional accounts in WvW being played at the same time. It is not in Arenanet's interest to stop people from buying accounts. If Arenanet only allowed one account per one hardware ID (device) at a time to connect to a given WVW matchup it would solve that so-called issue.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

lul

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

and?

And what does purchasing the game and expansions have to do with your opinion that the game is broken because people can also purchase alts?  What the OP described to me isn't because of alts.  It's a behavior that has nothing to do with alts.  I seen people do that on their single accounts too.

Edited by Chaba.5410

10 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

While alt players tend to log out the instantly there are no fights or commander starts losing, instead of communicating what they want to be done, you cannot blame them for everything.

Sounds more like you're dealing with participation farmers. And 95% of WvW players don't know that siege needs to be refreshed or when to repair: Your expectations from people are too high. It has always been max 5 people on a server that actually refresh siege and bother learning anything beyond following commander or chasing red dots.

That may be true for some but not all but far too many are abusing the system. (ref. 1st paragraph) 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

That was some eloquently put hogwash.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

I know there are people with 10+ alt accounts.
Also i often see people logged with 8 or more characters  dancing in LA and doing nothing else. 
Now, I have no problem if a person wants to have an alt account. But when I see 10 characters dancing (named choco banana,chocopuff,choco orange,choco muffin....)and doing nothing else, because that's all they can do given the Anet multiboxing policy, it makes me think: what if my server is full and maybe i could get 9 new players in wvw instead of  9 pointless alts dancing just for attention?

And I know for a fact that there is more than one person with more than 5 alt accounts per server

Our server gets like that there may be 15 of us with 6 standing between the keep and SMC that the opposing team won't attack.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

1. That is not the definition of an alt, an alt account is another account you play whether it is on the same WvW server or on another one.
2. What do you expect people with 10K WVW rank and every WvW title to do besides play an alt? (or go PvE/PvP)
3. Arenanet needs to disconnect people constantly running into a wall for hours because those players are probably not getting pips anyway unless they do something every 10-15 minutes or so. I think you mean afkers not alts.
4. Whether a queue exists impacts how much those afk players affect the matchup. If there is no queue there is negligible effect.
5. A player with accounts on both sides of a matchup and logged into the matchup on multiple accounts from the same device should probably be flagged for match manipulation. There is a rule of one button press per action or something along those lines. Someone multi-boxing probably breaks those rules unless they outright afk on  one logged in account.

• Confused 1