Suggestion: make Power Wrench do something when using Mortar Kit

Wounder.7526

The trait Power Wrench does not reduce the cool down of anything on dodge when you have the Mortar Kit equipped. Please make it affect Something, Anything. It could either be

- Reduce the CD of all mortar kit skills; or

- Reduce the CD of a random mortar skill currently on cooldown; or

It could depend on spec:

- Core: reduce Orbital Command Strike CD

- Scrapper: reduce Function Gyro CD

- Holosmith: reduce Photon Forge CD

- Mech: reduce Crash Down CD

• Like 2

Talking about PvE only:

It already reduces CD from stealth gyro on Scrapper and Lightbeam on Holosmith.

And there's a trait that reduces heat on dodge when holosmith

In fact, they could buff that Holo trait (PvE only)in orther to fit a sinergy with that tools trait on condi holo and Lightbeam use on rotation. But explosives/firearm is by far better for condi.

Maybe conditions buffs on wrench, then maybe that trait could be an option for condition core engineer

On 5/11/2023 at 12:20 AM, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

How about we get some nice buffs to toolkit instead? I loved using it back in the day, but now it just doesn't bring enough to the table. A couple elixer gun tweaks would be cool as kitten too. 

Personally, I think they should make toolkit 1 and 2 skills faster, other than that if you make any of the different abilities more potent you'll get some balance issues in competitive modes. As for Elixir Gun, I use a regularly in WvW and I'm not really sure if it needs any improvements, they might be able to tweak the 2 skill a bit (maybe make it faster and have two charges like on toolkit?).

On 5/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, Wounder.7526 said:

- Reduce the CD of all mortar kit skills; or

- Reduce the CD of a random mortar skill currently on cooldown; or

One of these I think, however, it feels like the first option is too strong and the second option is too weak (unless they made it more than 1 second, maybe 3?).

2 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Personally, I think they should make toolkit 1 and 2 skills faster, other than that if you make any of the different abilities more potent you'll get some balance issues in competitive modes. As for Elixir Gun, I use a regularly in WvW and I'm not really sure if it needs any improvements, they might be able to tweak the 2 skill a bit (maybe make it faster and have two charges like on toolkit?).

So I mostly only play sPvP and as stands, Toolkit and elixer gun could use a little bit of love and here's what I would do. Quick disclaimer, I've been playing condi engi since forever, so my ideas are focused on that. Throwing in 1 flamethrower change as well.

Toolkit

Thwack - reduce cast time to 3/4s, it will now apply confusion. 

Box of Nails - this skill is now ground targeted, range 900, nails last for 5 or 6 seconds

Throw Wrench - reduce CD to 15 seconds, this ability now applies confusion.

Elixer Gun

Glob Shot - this ability now also applies confusion. 

Acid Bomb - this ability now applies torment on initial explosion. 

Flamethrower

Flame Jet - now applies burning at the start of cast.

• Like 1