But It's So Obvious.... So Just Stop Already

Here's the thing...

I know a lot of players love defending cheaters because a lot of them know the cheater or are secretly one themselves, but come on...  The obvious is the obvious.

I know one defense is, "players just don't know class mechanics."

Here's the problem with all such talk...

Guild wars 2 is a gear/stat based game, that has click-tray actions...much like a lot of MMOs made in the past.

Since Ascension and Legendary gear are basically the same stat-wise and both can be obtained, there's no real advantage on the gear, unless you want to count adding extra infusion slots to ascension gear and plugging in more stats.

Meta Builds are pre-determined online (not that great in my opinion) so once you get better than Exotic gear and Meta Build...  That's all she wrote folks.

You can argue until the cows come home about mechanics but looking into your spec trees and seeing what does what isn't rocket science.

Thieves and "Eles" are two of the squishiest classes in the game, which is evident if you ever played one in PvE.  I don't care how you spec with a Thief or an "Eel", there is no way to run around with constant extra health (yellow health bar), while all damage you're taking is giving you even more extra health.  That ability does NOT exists amongst thieves and "Eles!"  Such an ability would be completely 'OP' and yeah, I know the classes are all unbalanced but come on....the "Devs" can't be that brain-dead...right!?

I seen a Ranger running around in WvW, casting nothing at all because I had him targeted (no boons), but for some reason, ten + players all blasting away on this Ranger couldn't put a dent in his health...it stayed at 100 percent and no it was not that “panic button” ability that makes the ranger go “invul” because this Ranger was taking zero damage for far too long (no boons, remember?).  Now I know Rangers can stealth, got a Ranger char myself, but this same God Mode Ranger not only vanished multiple times in a row but jumped back and fourth in the distance, to and fro to a player...from about what appear to be 10k ranged jumps and drops a one hit kill once he was done playing around with the thief teleporting.

This is the type of stuff some people want to justify by saying, "it's in the mechanics."  I guess when a player flew pass me on his mount and dropped a one hit kill on me without getting off the mount (shroud saved me ‘tho‘), was a mechanic thing too, huh...

If that's in the mechanics, then my assessment of GW2 being the worst PvP game ever made is absolutely true!

Players who are cheating like that, they aren't all just some hacker because the things they do at times...  Man that stuff goes way beyond mere hacking.  I know who they are "tho".....  Same thing went down in World of War craft.  Just further dig that hole guys....

Folks, I had the pleasure of playing an MMO decades ago that did not have any stats on gear.  It was not a click/action tray game.  Everything you did was manual control, there was no cool-downs.  You had to attack at the right time, dodge at the right time, block at the right time (yes blocking was manual too).  That MMO was 100 percent about playing skill!  You couldn’t scream mechanics in that one if someone took you out but because there was no cheating and it was all player skill based, most battles were never really one sided.  Defeats were only by small margins where someone miss a block here or failed to dodge there and should have attacked more.  Heck, there was nothing to even cheat in that game because with no stats on gear, no cool-downs...  What are you going to hack?  Gear was just fashion in the game I’m referring to.

That MMO, WAS PERFECT!  Sadly, small company with no real marketing money so the MMO never really spread like it should and then the company decided to sell the servers.  SOOOOO many players cried when that MMO ended and rightfully so.  To get a taste of true PvP perfection and then have in snatched away....  :(_____________________  I miss my “cutthroat” character...I had the sweetest looking blade in that game.  Basically a short-sword/dagger combo weapon that curved like the Soul Reavor from Legacy of Kain.  Took out so many players with that thing...

SO NO!!!!!!!!   No player is just that good in GW2 because every class has a ceiling which is defined by the spec trees and when players go WAY beyond what’s possible in those spec trees, it’s obvious what’s going on.

I don’t get it...  You would think the Cheaters would get tired of doing it because how fun can it be knowing you’re going to win every encounter, not because you’re great but because you’re cheating.

Players like that would be the WORST players in an all non-stat based, all manual based MMO.

I have a feeling an MMORPG like the one I experienced will drop again in the far future and man when it does.....  I wanna see all GW2 cheaters there because that’s my kind of PvP.

:)

Forgive “typos”,

Peace

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Nobody is doubting a ranger spam teleporting 10k units is hacking.

I went up the tall ruins, by SE Tower in alpine bl, to kill an orange dot and when he saw me reach the top he magically teleported down into the ground like 5k units below and was completely gone with a 2 seconds.

Anet doesn't seem to care so we have given up caring in return. I have played like 2 hours in the past 2 months. It's not that we don't believe you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

TBH I stopped at the assertion people are defending cheaters.  Maybe my experience is  abnormal,  but I never see anyone do this.

There seems to be a diverging experience between NA and EU here, at least if the forums are to be believed.

Then there is the constant doomers and "cheater" screamers, sometimes because they do not understand the game, sometimes because they did meet someone using a hack. As an outsider, it's usually difficult to tell which is which without video evidence because of the low skill level of the majority of this player base.

Yes, there are hacks and bots. No they are not as dominant as some players want to make them out to be (not talking silver or bronze PvP) in WvW.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

Thieves and "Eles" are two of the squishiest classes in the game, which is evident if you ever played one in PvE.  I don't care how you spec with a Thief or an "Eel", there is no way to run around with constant extra health (yellow health bar), while all damage you're taking is giving you even more extra health.  That ability does NOT exists amongst thieves and "Eles!"  Such an ability would be completely 'OP' and yeah, I know the classes are all unbalanced but come on....the "Devs" can't be that brain-dead...right!?

Meanwhile in the real world thieves and ele meta builds have 16-20k+ hp.

• 2 weeks later...

I have so many questions…

On 5/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Horace.3184 said:

has click-tray actions...

What does this mean? Because what you describe as being a “skill based” combat system here;

Everything you did was manual control, there was no cool-downs.  You had to attack at the right time, dodge at the right time, block at the right time (yes blocking was manual too).  

Sounds pretty much like a description of the GW2 combat system. In 2020 all the auto trigger traits that were in the game got nuked, and now have been replaced. So everything is manual, which by your definition would be skill based, and the reason you are dying is because you are out skilled…

there is no way to run around with constant extra health (yellow health bar), while all damage you're taking is giving you even more extra health.  

This is called barrier, one of those pesky little mechanics you said you “just need to read about in a tooltip and you are good to go”. Clearly you didn’t follow your own advice. When people say you need to use the mechanics of the game, it doesn’t mean just understand what they do. It means understand how to apply them in response to the actions taken by the other players.

a player flew pass me on his mount and dropped a one hit kill on me without getting off the mount (shroud saved me ‘tho‘), was a mechanic thing too, huh...

That’s literally not a thing. You clearly don’t know what skills players are using or what they are hitting you with. It’s no wonder you think everyone is cheating. Go back into the damage log and look if you think something seems off.

So I’m pretty confused by this post. Take some time to learn what is actually going on, perhaps find someone with a degree of competency at the combat system and have them explain the basics to you, and you may start to see how everyone else is rolling over you. If you want to duel/practice, hit me up in game. Dueling is one of the best ways to quickly familiarize yourself with the combat and other classes because of the volume of fights you can get in over a short period of time (and feedback from your dueling partner). 

Best of luck learning the combat system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/22/2023 at 12:16 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

has click-tray actions...

What does this mean? Because what you describe as being a “skill based” combat system here;

I think the OP means that you can click the skills instead of using the keyboard.  WoW and LotRO are massive click tray MMOs (and I still used the keys combos).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

I think the OP means that you can click the skills instead of using the keyboard.  WoW and LotRO are massive click tray MMOs (and I still used the keys combos).

Thank you for the clarification, it only makes this post funnier.

For OP; dont be a skill clicker. Using the keyboard would also be one of those “mechanics” that you should learn. The most basic one, arguably. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 6:04 PM, Horace.3184 said:

Thieves and "Eles" are two of the squishiest classes in the game,

Sorry but I cannot agree.

I used to main a d/d  d/d thief. I never used cloak and dagger and tended to use extremely little stealth. 

My best was me vs 5 using it. Many times I would mow down 2 or 3 enemies at the same time. I stopped using it when anet changed the shadow arts line. To me it felt like they were pushing thieves to stealth more and I am 100% against that. 

I've seen quite a few ele builds that can seemingly run forever while 5-7 people are beating on them. I started running arcane thievery for awhile because I was fed up with what was looking like unlimited uptime with protection (-33% damage)....

I was stealing over 20 seconds of protection almost every time it hit. 

You do not need a tremendous amount of hitpoints when you have crazy protection durations and things like not being critical hit for periods of time.  

Side note... when you steal their protection then let buck with your full damage rotation.... it is a lot of fun watching them panic. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1