Edge of the mists completely dead?

Well, it hasn't been updated since... Basically release.

You don't get pips (which slows down reward-track progress), no access to mounts (which makes traversing the map way slower), no access to gliding (debatable, but sometimes annoying too), and it doesn't have much influence to the actual matchup (winning in EotM only gives your color some supplies. That's it).

There's basically no reason to play there, unless you're waiting for a queue, or you are using the arena for scrims.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

There's basically no reason to play there, unless you're waiting for a queue, or you are using the arena for scrims.

lol, its been funny to head out there on reset night if missing the queue and getting stuck waiting it out. Still enjoy the map and it has actual choke pints that make more sense. Will be a little bit of twisted social experiment as well once WR comes out in full. Got a really bad mix in thrown together new server. 2 months of EoTM you go. 🙂 

That said would still love to see it brought over to be a fifth map and have the stuff and things added to it. Bridges you can destroy, oh the joy of dropping an entire zerg to their death was amazing. EoTM taught people about the ways of the ambush.

They destroyed EOTM when they did not add pips and skirmish tickets to EOTM. Doing this and you add a valuable map back into WvW (Especially on reset night and some times on other days). Even if it was at 50% the rate of the normal WvW areas, it would be a good reason to play on EOTM.

If they also gave Pips and skirmish tickets in the arena, it would encourage GvG fights and dueling also. 

Additionally, they could revamp the map making the air areas into Water, adding a Tunnel system (parts of which exist in the center and some other areas) to fight in. This would add more water areas to fight in and with a Tunnel system a third dimension. thus making it a regular WvW map.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pagan Highlander.5948 said:

They destroyed EOTM when they did not add pips and skirmish tickets to EOTM. Doing this and you add a valuable map back into WvW (Especially on reset night and some times on other days). Even if it was at 50% the rate of the normal WvW areas, it would be a good reason to play on EOTM.

If they also gave Pips and skirmish tickets in the arena, it would encourage GvG fights and dueling also. 

Additionally, they could revamp the map making the air areas into Water, adding a Tunnel system (parts of which exist in the center and some other areas) to fight in. This would add more water areas to fight in and with a Tunnel system a third dimension. thus making it a regular WvW map.

IMO, its a good map in design as is. It has what players asked for at the time on paper. It actually does have towers that are true choke points even more so than ABL. Add in gliding and it removes one of the issues that people complained about in falling, though players did get better about scrolling out to WP before hitting the dead point if they weren't DoT'd before being pushed off. Add in mounts and its size also is not as impactful. So yeah, if they just brought it over to regular WvW ABL people would hate it but odds are good RBL and EBGers would play it since it has more of a three sided feel to it than does ABL. So again sticking with it, bring it over as a fifth map to handle queues a bit more and you still have an overflow in the current version of EoTM and one that is in regular WvW with all the regular features/options/rewards, put the resource that was created into work. I liked EoTM, I didn't like that it didn't mean anything for myside if you played on it since it didn't tie into the weekly scoring.

That said if you get locked out of queue on reset, head out there, there have been a number of people playing it when locked out of queues on all maps. More than I would have expected.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:02 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I liked EoTM, I didn't like that it didn't mean anything for myside if you played on it since it didn't tie into the weekly scoring.

It still mean something every 4h since the winning color in EoTM make a supply drop to all worlds of the same color.

But granted, most people have either forgotten or never knew that to begin with.

Either way EoTM has always been DOA, since it was the complex WvW lobby solution to the queue problem Anet bugfixed months prior and players started to accepted since they where much lower than at release.

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It still mean something every 4h since the winning color in EoTM make a supply drop to all worlds of the same color.

Admit if I miss the queue on reset and all are locked will work on that for that reason lol. Though I think we need to make a QoL change and make the garri pickup 20 by default.