Tie Breaking System

16 hours ago, Tinker.6924 said:

People actually get something for winning wvw?  What do they get?

With the current mechanics and all the problems of balance between servers and managing the same balance, it clearly has no meaning. Is that the problem? When you first joined WWW and for all the following weeks, when you didn't have this awareness yet, weren't you involved anymore? Were you no longer encouraged to participate in the activity of your server? Didn't you put your content and time for your server?

In this section of the forum, we probably don't have to explain to anyone how much ''winning'' right now has no meaning. The question is: do we want to keep this forever? Alliances and WR , periodically redo the servers and rebuild them by combining small pieces, finally gives the opportunity to get very similar servers. Do we want to take advantage of this opportunity? Or do we expect everything to remain as it is now?

• Confused 2

Some are saying that the recent ties are bad and we need a tie breaking system.

I would like to point out that it is also a problem that a team which has come in first in all their matches since the beginning of the year can simply stop playing for a week to drop down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

No one has think of the server that actually cannot stay on T1 but are there because T2 players that actually need to be on T1 is match manipulating.

Yeah that would be more believable if that server dropped population, which it didn't, they're still "full". Or it happened right after relinks because of their new link, which it didn't, happened a month after. Seems to be more like tanking on purpose to get away from the double team in T1. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Maybe if the server i cant name or ANet will give me a 3 day ban hadn't spawn camped other servers to the point they logged off every week they faced said un-named server, and told them to "get gud" on the forums then this topic wouldn't exist. You cant expect people to play fair if you are the perfect example of unfair play. 

ANet allows spies, double teaming,  and other tactics in wvw, therefore two servers working together to make sure the un-named server gets locked into a tier it is now getting destroyed in is just another form of double teaming - a tactic ANet has said is fine.

I just find it funny that when this un-named server is dominating and telling others to #get-gud-noobs that none of the other servers are calling foul and wanting tie break systems so they can tank a tier. But now suddenly when this un-named server is getting walked all over and locked into the tier it claims is its rightful place at the top of the heap, there are calls for tie breaks and other mechanics to allow them to tank and have "easy bags"

They know who they are, I won't name them because ANet bans people for naming their pet project server on the forums.

Everything that is happening in wvw with the T1, T2 "drama" is simply a case of said un-named server reaping what it sows 

A tie break system is simply another system some-one will find a way to twist so they end up in the tier they want.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It worked though; didn't it?

Did it?  We're talking kind of different servers up in T1 now.  The tankers have been out of T1 for awhile now.

FA was last up in T1 the last time it was linked to FC like 6 months ago and Mag was linked with YB.  Indo was in some other tier.  BG always had a third server up there that logged off when facing Mag.

I'm sure players will start logging off again against Mag after relinks.

Edited by Chaba.5410

9 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

Maybe if the server i cant name or ANet will give me a 3 day ban hadn't spawn camped other servers to the point they logged off every week they faced said un-named server, and told them to "get gud" on the forums then this topic wouldn't exist. You cant expect people to play fair if you are the perfect example of unfair play. 

ANet allows spies, double teaming,  and other tactics in wvw, therefore two servers working together to make sure the un-named server gets locked into a tier it is now getting destroyed in is just another form of double teaming - a tactic ANet has said is fine.

I just find it funny that when this un-named server is dominating and telling others to #get-gud-noobs that none of the other servers are calling foul and wanting tie break systems so they can tank a tier. But now suddenly when this un-named server is getting walked all over and locked into the tier it claims is its rightful place at the top of the heap, there are calls for tie breaks and other mechanics to allow them to tank and have "easy bags"

They know who they are, I won't name them because ANet bans people for naming their pet project server on the forums.

Everything that is happening in wvw with the T1, T2 "drama" is simply a case of said un-named server reaping what it sows 

A tie break system is simply another system some-one will find a way to twist so they end up in the tier they want.

“Walked all over”

Yeah we are really being farmed lol! No more plz no more haha

~obs

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did it?  We're talking kind of different servers up in T1 now.  The tankers have been out of T1 for awhile now.

FA was last up in T1 the last time it was linked to FC like 6 months ago and Mag was linked with YB.  Indo was in some other tier.  BG always had a third server up there that logged off when facing Mag.

I'm sure players will start logging off again against Mag after relinks.

Yea probably. It doesn't mean much as long as people accept what happens.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:11 AM, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

there needs to be actually be rewards for winning the match and more rewards for higher tiers before Tie Breakers ... if there's no incentive to win or go up a tier, then what's the point of a tie breaker? If there's no incentive to stay in the higher tier, then servers will still intentionally lose. if there's no incentive to go up a tier, then servers will tie. but servers will complain about population imbalance if there are these rewards, so Anet has to finish the Alliance system first. and it still might not be worth investing time in tie breakers.

they could also do away with the tier system altogether, and make the season more like a regular season in american professional sports, simply making sure that each server faces each other server, and then at the end of the season, a post-season series would be based by season standing. (ie, like how skirmishes reward points for the match, but then matches would reward points for the season, then the post season would determine the season winner with tiers and up/down) but that could also lengthen seasons, so regular seasons would have to be (hypothetically)  6 weeks, and post season 2 weeks, to maintain the current 8 week team makeups.

U start adding rewards for winning a mu, with this current link system we have. The banwaggoning will spiral out of control. Save that for the so called alliances. Or if they remove the linking system. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas.2564 said:

U start adding rewards for winning a mu, with this current link system we have. The banwaggoning will spiral out of control. Save that for the so called alliances. Or if they remove the linking system. 

lol, people already do. These things happened before linking and will be just more of it with the WR system and Alliances, so go for it. I admit I am still thinking it will help more people think about holding their stuff if it means more reasons to do so. So yeah, release placement rewards. 

6 hours ago, Thomas.2564 said:

i didn't mention bandwaggoning in my post because alliances will prevent that. according to what Anet has said in the past, if i understand correctly, once you're assigned to a team, you're stuck on that team for 8 weeks. Which is one of the (albeit hidden) reasons that i specified that alliances have to come first, before the rewards.