June 27 for Elementalist

Helgaley.3619

"Energized Elements: This trait now grants might instead of fury in PvP and WvW."
Hey, I've seen this one before, oh right, it was core trait.
Funny to see how it ended the same way as core...
I still don't see any full reworks for Catalyst as they should do since its kitten core+. On top of that rest of changes are QoL and need to see how they play, they look fine on paper. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Im surprised... how could you miss every mark and avoid fixind ANY problem with ele... 

Cata: Not a single bugfix for catalyst (air 4 says hi). No changes to energy sustain for cata. No changes to stack uptime. No power shift from "coefficient stacking" to more user friendly skills/mechanics.

Tempest: No changes to heal alac. A few secs of extra alac would loosen the rotation and make HAT more reactive instead of fixed rotation. You wont see any alac dps tempests untill you address the issue of alac uptime. And dps tempest? Like is there even a single ele player that requested this? 

Weaver: No self sustain added. No slack added(for ex. self quick uptime). Weaver is still too dependant on alac/quick uptime. By missing a few secs of abovementioned boons you not just loose a big chunk of dps, but you cripple your rotation by a lot. 

Staff: no changes to MS, lava font etc. Are you sure you want to keep fire attunement skills as they are on staff? Either change them to supporty skills or give players an option to do damage with it. 

Sword: "Oh hi, remember me? Im still in game and i would like some love too!". 

@TrollingDemigod.3041 Like that signature text. Kinda summarises the whole "moderation" on the forums. Can i copy it aswell? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Im surprised... how could you miss every mark and avoid fixind ANY problem with ele... 

Cata: Not a single bugfix for catalyst (air 4 says hi). No changes to energy sustain for cata. No changes to stack uptime. No power shift from "coefficient stacking" to more user friendly skills/mechanics.

Tempest: No changes to heal alac. A few secs of extra alac would loosen the rotation and make HAT more reactive instead of fixed rotation. You wont see any alac dps tempests untill you address the issue of alac uptime. And dps tempest? Like is there even a single ele player that requested this? 

Weaver: No self sustain added. No slack added(for ex. self quick uptime). Weaver is still too dependant on alac/quick uptime. By missing a few secs of abovementioned boons you not just loose a big chunk of dps, but you cripple your rotation by a lot. 

Staff: no changes to MS, lava font etc. Are you sure you want to keep fire attunement skills as they are on staff? Either change them to supporty skills or give players an option to do damage with it. 

Sword: "Oh hi, remember me? Im still in game and i would like some love too!". 

@TrollingDemigod.3041 Like that signature text. Kinda summarises the whole "moderation" on the forums. Can i copy it aswell? 

Lmao, go for it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Nice for Cata players, sure. But Catalyst didn't need a buff, especially in pvp/wvw, where it was already too strong. What they've done is buffed catalyst further into being the best ele spec. I hugely dislike the change tbh.

This seems to be the theme for the patch. Overbuff the EoD specs. I can see why they're doing it, these specs are dreadfully designed failures and they're determined to prove that they're not as obviously awful as they have been since EoD Beta. the problem is that because the specs are so badly designed, anet have to overbuff them to mask the dire, poorly thought out mechanics of them. I think there's basically one guy at the top screaming at the devs and players that we WiLl liKE hiS iDeAs!!!!!11!!

They're going to polish the t*rd that is EoD especs or kill the game trying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Fury on Arcane Prowess is good overall.
We have so few source of Fury, we're forced to play with runes of rage, or wvw with runes of pack, firework, Boon duration (Full celestial we see you (No shame, it's just too OP)) ... Even with Air Raging storm has too short uptime; Zephyr's Boons is huge sacrifice with Superspeed.
Even for Fire weaver, Fire (and Weaver) bring a lot of power modifiers; you might lose some burning damage but more critical chance is always beneficial.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

So, I guess the devs forgot condi sword exists?  Nice.  I guess fans of that spec can just wait until next year?

well im playing hybrid sword. both power sword and condi scepter benches are higher tho. i mean as hybrid weaver you have almost 50/50 split power/condi i think its the way this spec should be played in terms of logic and lore. if im getting 2k lower dps it not that huge at least for me (not for elitist speedrunners ofc). hybrid rotation is more like power  tho, not condi.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Adonaj.7932 said:

well im playing hybrid sword. both power sword and condi scepter benches are higher tho. i mean as hybrid weaver you have almost 50/50 split power/condi i think its the way this spec should be played in terms of logic and lore. if im getting 2k lower dps it not that huge at least for me (not for elitist speedrunners ofc). hybrid rotation is more like power  tho, not condi.

Good for you.  My point was they haven't done anything for condi sword since the scepter updates.  Every update focuses on power like nothing else exists.

• Like 1

Still waiting for cata energy regen out of combat - druid has it

Still waiting for revert of glyph of renewal - signet of mercy was buffed from 90s to 50s in PvE

Still waiting for sphere update underwater - it still gives resistance rather than aegis with spectacular sphere

Edited by rotten.9753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

There some missing info on some of the updated effect but the balance patch looks like and over all buff to the ele class. Some of them written in stone update maybe very strong if the aura types are base off of the sigent used and or atument of use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

There some missing info on some of the updated effect but the balance patch looks like and over all buff to the ele class. Some of them written in stone update maybe very strong if the aura types are base off of the sigent used and or atument of use.

The OH dagger changes are okay and will definitely make it feel more modern, but to be honest, they weren't needed. Of all the problems ele has, I've never been playing with an OH dagger and found myself thinking, "wow, these skills are holding back the class, I wish they were easier to use." 

Even though the written in stone change seems to apply to all game modes, it's very much a pvp change. It's likely intended to compensate for the last nerf to stone heart, and it might get some use in WvW, but I don't think it's relevant for PvE. 

Even though these changes aren't necessarily bad, I think people are frustrated because if you look through the forums, they really aren't addressing any of the problems ele has in other game modes.

If they really wanted to beef up an underutilized weapon, they should have taken another look at staff.

If they wanted to introduce an alternate play style, they should have removed energy from catalyst so that using hammer isn't a requirement in PvE content. 

If they wanted to make ele more flexible, they should have increased its base HP and armor so that making a single mistake in PvE group content doesn't result in being 1 shot. OR they could have, once again, beefed up staff, made scepter more compatible with power builds, or given hammer more range with catalyst so that ele could stand at the back of the group instead of being forced under a bosses bottom using predominantly melee abilities. 

This patch is great if you were already playing a d/d side node build in PVP, especially a d/d catalyst, but the rest of us are getting essentially nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Helgaley.3619 said:

The OH dagger changes are okay and will definitely make it feel more modern, but to be honest, they weren't needed. Of all the problems ele has, I've never been playing with an OH dagger and found myself thinking, "wow, these skills are holding back the class, I wish they were easier to use." 

Even though the written in stone change seems to apply to all game modes, it's very much a pvp change. It's likely intended to compensate for the last nerf to stone heart, and it might get some use in WvW, but I don't think it's relevant for PvE. 

Even though these changes aren't necessarily bad, I think people are frustrated because if you look through the forums, they really aren't addressing any of the problems ele has in other game modes.

If they really wanted to beef up an underutilized weapon, they should have taken another look at staff.

If they wanted to introduce an alternate play style, they should have removed energy from catalyst so that using hammer isn't a requirement in PvE content. 

If they wanted to make ele more flexible, they should have increased its base HP and armor so that making a single mistake in PvE group content doesn't result in being 1 shot. OR they could have, once again, beefed up staff, made scepter more compatible with power builds, or given hammer more range with catalyst so that ele could stand at the back of the group instead of being forced under a bosses bottom using predominantly melee abilities. 

This patch is great if you were already playing a d/d side node build in PVP, especially a d/d catalyst, but the rest of us are getting essentially nothing. 

Keep in mind OH daggers dmg use to be much higher all though it was very hard to land. So over time the dmg nerfs realty pushed it back from being of use these update seems to be more of QoL for OH dagger.

All cdr for utility are being removed i just hope they keep adding more added effects for this lost or at least cdr being build in. Written in stone auras may end up being too powerful if they let you get more shocking auras and earth auras (i want to know what the healing sigent applays if it works that way as well). The glyph trait seems kind of meh for the added boon. Arcan not getting any thing for its effect seems kind of an waist.

• Like 1

I must have missread something, cuz i can think of at list 1 new build for each spec with this changes, not op builds, but viable and fun builds. Maybe cata build turns out to be op, maybe not my build, but prolly a new cata op build coming from this changes 

Talking about pvp btw

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I must have missread something, cuz i can think of at list 1 new build for each spec with this changes, not op builds, but viable and fun builds. Maybe cata build turns out to be op, maybe not my build, but prolly a new cata op build coming from this changes 

Talking about pvp btw

You aren't wrong, it's great for PvP, but I feel like pvp is where ele already has the most build options and variety of play. Group PvE content is where we have pretty limited options, but this patch isn't going to do much to address that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helgaley.3619 said:

You aren't wrong, it's great for PvP, but I feel like pvp is where ele already has the most build options and variety of play. Group PvE content is where we have pretty limited options, but this patch isn't going to do much to address that. 

I think pve players are half of problem, i know there're a bunch of QoL changes that could have been made, but ppl just overreact, like wanting for example being their classes at certain role to be nearly the best, i guess there're a bunch of viable fun builds that could be used at frac/strike/raids but not nearly the best, so ppl just dont want it around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1